Sponsored

2018/19 5.0 Throttle body replacement 18B34

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
FYI 2018/19 F150 and Mustang Customer Service Satisfaction program 18B34.

Customer Satisfaction Program 18B34 – Supplement #1: Certain 2018 Model Year F-150 and 2019 Mustang Vehicles equipped with 5.0L Engine - Throttle Body Replacement.
I don’t have any other info than the above, so if someone else does post it up.

I would assume there is an issue with the original throttle bodies - and what that issue may be is currently an unknown.
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
PAGE 1 OF 1
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM 18B34-S1
CPR © 2019 FORD MOTOR COMPANY
DEARBORN, MICHIGAN 48121
1/2019
CERTAIN 2018 MODEL YEAR F-150 AND 2019 MUSTANG EQUIPPED WITH 5.0L
ENGINE — THROTTLE BODY REPLACEMENT
OVERVIEW
In some of the affected vehicles, the throttle body in the vehicle engine may have been built with a
misinstalled torsion spring. A misinstalled torsion spring may cause illumination of the wrench light or
service engine soon indicator with reduced engine power.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
Recommended Tool List:
General Tools
1/4" Drive Deep Socket- 7mm, 8mm
1/4" Drive Extension- 3"
1/4" Drive Ratchet (Power and Hand Tool)
1/4" Drive Torque Wrench
Plastic Pry Tool
Magnetic Pick Up Tool
Pliers
1. Replace the Throttle Body. Please follow the Workshop Manual (WSM) procedures in Section 303-04.
2. Using integrated diagnostic system (IDS) clear any diagnostic trouble codes(DTC's) present.

Technical portion of the fsa

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hmm wonder if I have this issue. I have a 2019 Mustang GT 6MT with blend date of 8/1/18. A couple weeks ago I was going in neutral downhill (on a private crappy road with bumps and potholes so didn’t want to keep working the clutch) at about 10mph and shifted to first when the wrench light came on and I had reduced engine power. I shutoff the car and turned on the power right after and the wrench was still there. After eating lunch at a restaurant I started the car again and no wrench. I took it straight to a Ford dealer for them to scan that same day but they couldn’t find any codes.

Today while driving back from work I was again in neutral while merging onto another highway. I was again going about 8mph and shifted into first as the cars in front started moving faster, but the wrench light came on again. I shutoff the car and turned it on again and the wrench was gone. I put the car in engineering test mode but there were no DTC codes listed.

Maybe I should get a OBD2 scanner, but can I plug those in when the car is running? Or would I have to leave it plugged in for when the wrench comes back? Sucks to have issues already because this car is my buyback replacement... only 3k miles too.
Sponsored