Sponsored

2017 ZL1 could bring about unveiling of GT500?

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
Well I didn't call anyone specific lazy. Don't take it personal. And I like to shift gears. That's my choice as you said.
And my point about the lazy comment is daily drivers are mainly lazy when they drive automatics. It's proven. Most young new drivers don't even know how to drive a stick anymore, hell IM surprised some can even read a analog watch or clock anymore.:D
I agree with what you're saying here. :thumbsup: Perhaps a better choice of words in your previous post would make a difference. :cheers:
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I agree with what you're saying here. :thumbsup: Perhaps a better choice of words in your previous post would make a difference. :cheers:
Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.
It's ok, look at where you live. Lol
Get up here and relax and visit some breweries. :cheers:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You're not in control. The steering is electric, the throttle is electric, you have stability control protecting your rearend most of the time. Airbags possibly saving you too. This isn't the 60s anymore.
The only thing you're in control of is your choice of a transmission. The only mature decision that can be made is that choice and NOT denigrating others for their choice. To call others lazy is ignorant.

Perhaps 'control' isn't the right word. With a manual trans the driver is 'responsible' for making the car move. Without direct action from the driver the car isn't going to move anywhere. Without direct and competent action from the driver the car isn't going anywhere very quickly. With an auto trans I'd guess at least half of the accomplishment is from the tuner and not the driver.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps 'control' isn't the right word. With a manual trans the driver is 'responsible' for making the car move. Without direct action from the driver the car isn't going to move anywhere. Without direct and competent action from the driver the car isn't going anywhere very quickly. With an auto trans I'd guess at least half of the accomplishment is from the tuner and not the driver.
I think you give the auto too much credit. There's still a lot of manipulation that can and does take place when driven aggressively. In fact, if you think about it, there needs to be more attention and intuitive action taken when driving an auto with shifting parameters out of your control. You can't just push in the clutch and make it shift.

Haha! I know, I'm just playing Devil's advocate.:focus:

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Put it all together, and you wind up with a supercharged Mustang making 808 hp at 7,800 rpm and 657 pound-feet at 4,600 revs.
Henny's new GT350 HPE800.

Take note, the 808hp... a figure thePill has kept talking about for some time. Unfeasible for the EPA? Likely... but it shows the true potential of the Voodoo.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'm almost crippled, had to learn to walk properly for the 5th time last year...

I'm gettin' a manual because thePill isn't a Nancy. Yes, you want a performance car, leave the ping pong paddles at home.

Either learn to optimize your lap or get off the track. I don't care about your pain levels, discomfort or daily uses for the vehicle.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I don't care about your pain levels, discomfort or daily uses for the vehicle.

Let's hope Ford care though, and listen to their customers, eh?

I'll take an auto (option!!!) thanks, even if that makes me "less of a man" :rolleyes:

(and, yes, my current Mustang is manual)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Let's hope Ford care though, and listen to their customers, eh? I'll take an auto (option!!!) thanks, even if that makes me "less of a man" :rolleyes: (and, yes, my current Mustang is manual)
Doesn't make you "less of a man". Don't listen to Pill.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Doesn't make you "less of a man". Don't listen to Pill.

thePill doesn't care about facts either so I'm not sure where he's trying to go with that.

Driving an auto or manual doesn't define you.

Also he's putting down people with physical disabilities. Classy.

Edit: Saw a full post of his before I logged in mentioning he has some issues too. So fair enough. But I'd think thePill would understand people's physical issues almost better than anyone knowing what he's dealt with. Whatever. Even so, drive what you want. You aren't picking a vehicle to please others.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Oh GOD really?
Some people are so literal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Still waiting for details, hope to god Ford offers the 10 speed auto in the new GT500. It's about time Ford starts offering it in their performance cars. Wife wanted a Focus ST but couldn't get one because she doesn't want to learn to drive stick. Looking forward to an unveiling.

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This thread is so weird with random off topic posts. I hope it gets announced soon. I'm debating either keeping my GT and supercharging it or getting into a C7 Z06 and making funds a bit tight. If the GT500 sounds like it's going to be spectacular, and it's a V8 not a V6 TT, it might play spoiler and I'll just wait for that.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
What's wrong with a v6 if it makes a lot of power and the chassis is lighter? Everyone is stuck in the old bigger is better bs. The GT has the 3.5 ecoboost and so will the raptor. It only makes sense the next gt500-Mach 1 whatever it's called next will have. I know the sounds not gonna be v8 sounding but if it kicks ass on blows the doors off the hellcat and gm's I'm in. Factory supercharges are outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored