Sponsored

2017 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

aajohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT (Base)
Man I ordered my car 19 days ago and the dealer hasn't given me any information since... How long does it take to get any more info other than "I ordered it for you"...
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Man I ordered my car 19 days ago and the dealer hasn't given me any information since... How long does it take to get any more info other than "I ordered it for you"...
How long isn't the only thing that matters.

The dealer received a D.O.R.A. within a day of ordering. It won't say when the car will be built BUT it will absolutely show exactly what was ordered.

Dealers are human. And while statistically, the odds are good you'll get what you ordered you'll find posts from people who waited months only to find the car had extra/missing/wrong options when it got there. Definitely worth it for you to look at the D.O.R.A. and making sure it matches exactly what you ordered.

aajohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT (Base)
How long isn't the only thing that matters.

The dealer received a D.O.R.A. within a day of ordering. It won't say when the car will be built BUT it will absolutely show exactly what was ordered.

Dealers are human. And while statistically, the odds are good you'll get what you ordered you'll find posts from people who waited months only to find the car had extra/missing/wrong options when it got there. Definitely worth it for you to look at the D.O.R.A. and making sure it matches exactly what you ordered.
The thing is I never even got a D.O.R.A. I asked for it a week ago and he never replied. This is from a reputable dealer that a lot of people get their cars from here too.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
The thing is I never even got a D.O.R.A. I asked for it a week ago and he never replied. This is from a reputable dealer that a lot of people get their cars from here too.
Some dealers regard that as proprietary internal information, and look dimly upon giving that info to customers...lots of Ford dealers have been around for a long time, and their order people, management, etc. have a set way of doing things ;) They probably wonder how you even know about it :lol:

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Some dealers regard that as proprietary internal information, and look dimly upon giving that info to customers...lots of Ford dealers have been around for a long time, and their order people, management, etc. have a set way of doing things ;) They probably wonder how you even know about it :lol:
Guess I got lucky, my dealer reviewed the dora with me day 1 to make sure it met all the specs BTW Mines been in transit over a week now

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I was given my dora on the day i ordered it, before i walked out.
That's what I got, first a pre-order for review and the custom order dora

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I hope you guys have better luck than me. Original ETA was 6/17, then it got pushed to 6/23. I called the dealership Monday and they told me the car was loaded onto the truck and out for delivery. I called yesterday after work and still no car. Called ford corporate and was advised my new ETA is 7/02, but that is subject to change again. When I asked why my ETA keeps changing, they couldn't provide me with an answer. Car was built 6/3 and has been sitting in the last rail yard 3 hours away from the dealer ever since Wednesday of last week.

The furthest I got was a case number and word that the regional manager would follow up with me. I doubt that means anything.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Guess I got lucky, my dealer reviewed the dora with me day 1 to make sure it met all the specs BTW Mines been in transit over a week now
Mine has been in transit status since 6/06. I live in Northeastern PA, about 8 hours away from the plant.

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Mine has been in transit status since 6/06. I live in Northeastern PA, about 8 hours away from the plant.
Oh S! Must be some slow ass trains

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
We picked up our 2017 GT today! First 2017 they sold and first Platinum White. Color looks really good. I got there 5 mins after it was unloaded from the truck. The did the precheck, tinted the windows, Nitrogen in tires while we worked out deal. They said they would make it work and they did. This is our 8th car in 2 years from them, the last being my GT350. Sticker on 17 GT was 45,355, got it for 41,604, plus 750 cash back offer and 250 rebate. No charge for tint, nitrogen, ultraguard, etc. We had x plan, but they did better than that for us.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Here is one in the sun before the prep work, ill get cleaned up ones in the sun tomorrow.
IMG_0229-1.jpg

gmmg110

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Macus
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT prem
We picked up our 2017 GT today! First 2017 they sold and first Platinum White. Color looks really good. I got there 5 mins after it was unloaded from the truck. The did the precheck, tinted the windows, Nitrogen in tires while we worked out deal. They said they would make it work and they did. This is our 8th car in 2 years from them, the last being my GT350. Sticker on 17 GT was 45,355, got it for 41,604, plus 750 cash back offer and 250 rebate. No charge for tint, nitrogen, ultraguard, etc. We had x plan, but they did better than that for us.
Congrats!! It looks greeeeeat!!!
By the way, just be little confused about the price. Does the pirce 41,604 include 750 cash back offer and 250 rebate? OR u just payed $41604-$250=$41354 for the car to the dealership and then later u can get 750 cash back from ford?
Sponsored