Sponsored

2017 GT Premium PP - No Heat Extractor Vents - Normal?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why is everyone assuming build issue instead of the dealer making another customer happy by swapping in a GT hood for the other guy? They probably just hoped whoever picked up this one didn't notice/care.
Because on the first page of this thread there is another very recent build GT car that is missing the vents. My guess is Ford just ran out of the vented hoods and skipped them.
Sponsored

Grabber By The Bluesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium
Well OP, thats weird but... if u wanna trade holla at ya boy. Id trade for ur spoiler less trunk too :cheers: :lol:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
i'd demand a new hood for sure.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I guess it depends if you like the look of the ventless hood. I prefer the vented hood on my car, but I also have a 16' with the lights which I like, however the lights do block about half the vent, but even half a vent would still remove some heat. I'd assume the vented hoods cost a bit more as well?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Because on the first page of this thread there is another very recent build GT car that is missing the vents. My guess is Ford just ran out of the vented hoods and skipped them.
I still think it'd be more of a dealer thing. I know some that'll swap rims too as long as they fit. It helps make the sale and I wouldn't be surprised if more than 10% of people grabbing PPs were just getting the model with the nice black rims not for the upgraded bits.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I like it. In 40 years there will be someone like Graveyard Cars swearing up and down it came with vents and you'll be like, "nope! Came that way."

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You have a vent delete.
I am gonna say they ran out of hoods due to changing parts.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Better question: why didn't you deal with this at the dealership? Did you not even look at the car?

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
To the OP:

If you want the correct hood, I would just stroll back into Ford and tell them that you were given the wrong hood.

I don't think the average dealer would complain, if they realized that it's clearly the wrong part. Believe me, I would bitch if mine came with a spoiler, after the options I chose.

If you really want the correct hood, then go in and tell them.

*Editing for remembering past conversation with claims adjuster friend*

Sometimes dealers fuck up. The vehicle gets damaged somewhere between coming off the truck and you seeing it on the lot. It's possible that the hood had a dent and they slapped a different one on. I'd check the bolts that hold the hood on for paint quality. See if it's been touched up at all. I've heard that dealers sometimes fix stuff after delivery damage. They will repair/repaint and not inform the buyer.

It's good to be a picky buyer. Look at one of Jeff Ashton's most recent YouTube videos where he tears apart a gt350 that a dealer is trying to sell him, brand new...the car is an effing mess and the dealership is kinda sneaky like that

OP
OP

Grabberblu...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Thanks for the replies. Original thought was dealer switched it out, but bolts don't seem to have been touched. I picked it up from out of town, and it was pouring, so didn't notice it until the drive home. I'm sure they will take care of it, but leaning towards keeping it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
When you go to sell or trade the buyer or dealership might notice and want the hood that is supposed to come with the car. It might hurt you. I personally like the GT hood with the vents.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... The vehicle gets damaged somewhere between coming off the truck and you seeing it on the lot. It's possible that the hood had a dent and they slapped a different one on. I'd check the bolts that hold the hood on for paint quality. See if it's been touched up at all. I've heard that dealers sometimes fix stuff after delivery damage. They will repair/repaint and not inform the buyer.
this would be my main concern. You could get the car inspected and make sure the car doesn't have any paint re-spray on the two fenders.

How far is the dealership? If they were close, you could drop by and ask them for some sort of remedy to make yourself feel better about the factory defect. Such as $300 of oil changes or something.
Sponsored