Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

voodoo2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Chassis number corrected!

:eek:
How did mine get born on 10/26 Chassis H2678
Yours born 10/25 Chassis H5523
That doesn't make any sense to me :shrug: Is it really H2523?
Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25

rever5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Placed my order and it was received by Ford on 5/15/16. Getting a little impatient... GT350R w/ electronics pack. White w/ black roof, no stripes.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Placed my order and it was received by Ford on 5/15/16. Getting a little impatient... GT350R w/ electronics pack. White w/ black roof, no stripes.
Hang in there. I ordered my 2017 R on 4/15/16. Got off the phone with Isaac at FP this morning. Tells me the earliest they might start production again is February. Not holding my breath.

rever5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Hang in there. I ordered my 2017 R on 4/15/16. Got off the phone with Isaac at FP this morning. Tells me the earliest they might start production again is February. Not holding my breath.
Yea i'm not gonna be too happy if i have to wait 12 months to get it. I just went through a 6 month wait to get a Focus RS while pretty much kept in the dark the whole time. The communication from Ford to consumers is quite poor on production.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not to be the bearer of bad news but don't expect production to start up in February because it won't happen.

I would suggest at least sometime in March before production starts up again and that is subject to Mother Nature. A combination of the tire issue and the Lincoln Continental's being built at the same plant.

Somewhat surprised that with an order date of April, 2016 that your car was not assembled prior to the October cutoff date and suggest you get ahold of your dealership as something doesn't sound right here!

:shrug:

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Not to be the bearer of bad news but don't expect production to start up in February because it won't happen.

I would suggest at least sometime in March before production starts up again and that is subject to Mother Nature. A combination of the tire issue and the Lincoln Continental's being built at the same plant.

Somewhat surprised that with an order date of April, 2016 that your car was not assembled prior to the October cutoff date and suggest you get ahold of your dealership as something doesn't sound right here!

:shrug:
I DON'T think it'll be February... just relaying what Isaac said. I'll look into it further with the dealer, however. If you look at my post history you'll see what I've gone through thus far - including a change of dealer owner - who's reluctantly assured me that I'm still getting the original deal. With the deal I got I didn't feel the need to be pushy, but I will start insisting on some answers now. Thanks for chiming in.

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not alone....

:shrug:[/QUOTE

Mine isn't even an R and the order was placed on 5-21. I've verified that the order is there (even spoke with customer service). But they haven't started on it yet. Probably be able to order an 18 before I get mine..:doh:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wouldn't worry about it too much , my dealer had to have the rep fight to get mine in as early as they did. Most of Canada got their cars first. My other R allocation was from TX and it wasn't going to be built until April and I ordered it in late April '16. 1 year later.

Sponsored

rever5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I wouldn't worry about it too much , my dealer had to have the rep fight to get mine in as early as they did. Most of Canada got their cars first. My other R allocation was from TX and it wasn't going to be built until April and I ordered it in late April '16. 1 year later.
Seems ridiculous to have to wait for a 17' year model to be released when the 18' order banks are open.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I DON'T think it'll be February... just relaying what Isaac said. I'll look into it further with the dealer, however. If you look at my post history you'll see what I've gone through thus far - including a change of dealer owner - who's reluctantly assured me that I'm still getting the original deal. With the deal I got I didn't feel the need to be pushy, but I will start insisting on some answers now. Thanks for chiming in.
Just to give you an idea of how crazy delivery time lines can be I took delivery of 3 different model year Shelby's all in 2016 and these were all brand new vehicles.

I received my 2015 GT350 last January, then in May I received my 2016 GT350R and then in late July I took delivery of my 2017 GT350R.

When was the last time we ever heard of someone taking delivery of 3 brand new Mustangs in the same calendar year with all of these vehicles being different MY's!

Hang in there and I hope that Isaac, Mike G., Mike R. and the rest of the team at FP will be able to provide you with some good news very soon.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rever5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Just to give you an idea of how crazy delivery time lines can be I took delivery of 3 different model year Shelby's all in 2016 and these were all brand new vehicles.

I received my 2015 GT350 last January, then in May I received my 2016 GT350R and then in late July I took delivery of my 2017 GT350R.

When was the last time we ever heard of someone taking delivery of 3 brand new Mustangs in the same calendar year with all of these vehicles being different MY's!

Hang in there and I hope that Isaac, Mike G., Mike R. and the rest of the team at FP will be able to provide you with some good news very soon.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm expecting it for sure won't be February - that's when the production was supposed to potentially start back up. I'm kind of expecting a May-July delivery which is disappointing to wait 12+ months.

Sharky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R (eta tbd)
I'm expecting it for sure won't be February - that's when the production was supposed to potentially start back up. I'm kind of expecting a May-July delivery which is disappointing to wait 12+ months.
Agreed - I'm on the same timeline as you and it's very disappointing. A little communication & clarity in the order process would go a long way. :ford:

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R

I am in the same boat. Ordered an R from a Texas dealer on 4/12/16. Their 2016 R was sold to a (former) member of this forum, and did not arrive until the end of May, so I am assuming a similar time to arrival for mine. Still hard to wait so long though. It is really a strange allocation system, but as long as we all get what we ordered, hopefully without mechanical issues or recalls, it will be worth it in the end!
Sponsored