Sponsored

2016 TECH PACK LESS THAN 20 MILES (MAYBE WILL SELL IT)

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I am in the military and have been deployed overseas and bought a 2016 Avalanche grey tech pack GT350. I went home took delivery of the car and drove the car 3 miles to my house and put it in a plastic bubble for storage. I entered the 2017 GT350 Military Autosource Drawing and got selected. I like the idea of being able to get the tech package amenities plus the track pack coolers. I most likely will sell the GT350 I have in storage and am looking for initial interest. If I sell the 2016 tech pack it will be at the original MSRP on the sticker which I think was just under 59K. I will not confirm selling it until I am sure the one from MAS is set and a for sure thing. If you are in the market for a 2016 tech pack that is technically new please PM me.
Sponsored

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
I think your best option is eBay or something online. Not many on here will give MSRP for a tech pack with the known issues. I talked to my dealer the other day and they sold their Tech Pack at about $1000 off sticker a week ago. Now, they have a track pack that they have marked up $5K, but the tech packs value is really dropping.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't need to take a loss on the car. If I can't get msrp for it I will have the government ship it out to my new duty station out in CA where it will be worth more.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
the tech packs value is really dropping.
That may be the situation at one uninformed and scared dealer, but nationwide this is not happening. ADMs unfortunately are still strong, and I personally have been offered more than $12K more for my Tech Package than I paid for it by two dealers that have customers who will pay even more for it. The car is exactly what I expected, and it's not for sale.

Bottom line: Quit talking down the price of the Tech Packages with no basis in fact, because all of that negative talk eventually will adversely affect the value of all GT 350s.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your comment and info. I am not trying to be greedy with the 2016 since the 2017 is coming from MAS. I honestly don't need the extra coolers, speakers and bigger spoilers that will come on the 2017 because I will never track the car but it is something nice that I can take advantage of. I have been very lucky to have found 2 2016 and 1 2017 GT350 at or below MSRP. I hope that someone will be happy to take my 2016 for the MSRP that I paid for it. It has not been driven except the 3 miles from the dealership to my garage where it has been stored in a plastic air bubble. I have been deployed the whole time :(

Sponsored

Hondaluvr1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Mustang Lurker,

How quick did you know you won the allocation? My guy won't tell me yes or no. I either want my deposit back, or I need to do the same thing since I just finalized the deal on the same car (but race red).

I'm at Bagram.

-Alex

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That may be the situation at one uninformed and scared dealer, but nationwide this is not happening. ADMs unfortunately are still strong, and I personally have been offered more than $12K more for my Tech Package than I paid for it by two dealers that have customers who will pay even more for it. The car is exactly what I expected, and it's not for sale.

Bottom line: Quit talking down the price of the Tech Packages with no basis in fact, because all of that negative talk eventually will adversely affect the value of all GT 350s.
At one uninformed dealer? Just look at the Tech Pack cars for sale. When I was looking for my R, I talked to several dealers that stated the Tech Pack's they had had no ADM, but the Track Pack was holding strong.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but be honest about the car. There are 2 or 3 in our classifieds here for under $57K that aren't selling.

Talking about the reality of selling a used GT350 is not talking down about the car or price.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Because you're talking about an enthusiast forum where a great % of the whole track their cars.

No one in the "real world" offline is worried about this issue. There are PLENTY of 350 daily drivers who would be happy with a Tech at MSRP with less than 20 miles on it driven once basically; who will never ever track the car to begin with.

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I disagree. I think that most people that would want a GT350 are in the know, otherwise why would they be spending that kind of money on a mustang? They'd save how many thousands of dollars and get a GT. Just my opinion though.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Situation will be different too when FP finally releases cooler fixes..

Sponsored

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aren't the cooler fixes supposed to come at a cost? I believe that it was stated there would be two options, one is a tranny replacement which will be quite expensive, then the more affordable option of having the cooler installed.

I am not trying to be argumentative or anything like that, just that the reality is that a used(previously titled) 2016 Tech Pack is not going to bring as much as the Track Pack, which was a cheaper car initially. There are MSRP deals all over the place right now for new Tech Packs. I can give two in the Atlanta area right now.

Maka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Sorry to ask, but what are the known issues with tech pack? Is it the limp mode thing and other(s)?

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Sorry to ask, but what are the known issues with tech pack? Is it the limp mode thing and other(s)?
Limp mode is the only issue with the tech pack.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I disagree. I think that most people that would want a GT350 are in the know, otherwise why would they be spending that kind of money on a mustang? They'd save how many thousands of dollars and get a GT. Just my opinion though.
Fair but if everyone was smart/educated who had money...... Exhibit A being all of the "yo dogs" on youtube with $100k+ supercars. You must think guys like Justin Bieber (the biggest moron out there I could think of and happened to be in the news recently punching someone else in public) are geniuses by that theory since he has 10+ supercars. Money does not equal educated by any means.

Idk what "that kind of money" is to you. A 350 starts about $10k over a moderately loaded GT; maybe $5k over a fully loaded GT.

Again, a tech pack is perfectly ok for a daily driver which plenty of GT350s are. Only the "go fast enthusiasts" are concerned about possible limp mode. Id rather pay MSRP for one driven once than ADM for one off the lot.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Fair but if everyone was smart/educated who had money...... Exhibit A being all of the "yo dogs" on youtube with $100k+ supercars. You must think guys like Justin Bieber (the biggest moron out there I could think of and happened to be in the news recently punching someone else in public) are geniuses by that theory since he has 10+ supercars. Money does not equal educated by any means.

Idk what "that kind of money" is to you. A 350 starts about $10k over a moderately loaded GT; maybe $5k over a fully loaded GT.

Again, a tech pack is perfectly ok for a daily driver which plenty of GT350s are. Only the "go fast enthusiasts" are concerned about possible limp mode. Id rather pay MSRP for one driven once than ADM for one off the lot.
I would have to agree to these statements. I would love a 15/16 Tech pack because honestly the only track I would go to would be a 1/4 mile track.

The 1/4 is the reason I have not bought it. I still enjoy my 11 which is modded for the 1/4 and can carve some corners. But if I was to look for a Gt350....(which is not totally out of the question) this would be a great deal.
Sponsored