Sponsored

2016 Mustang photos

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
People mainly complain about the interface since it looks plain. So that is their main argument, but seeing it can be updated via wifi, I am sure customization and updates will change that. It honestly doesn't bother me in terms of looks, I would rather have a more responsive system. I feel the same way about any computer I use; I don't care what the wallpaper is. But, some people that is important and if they enjoy MFT, then that is great.

Functionality...
Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
You people.. An entire thread of people complaining about turn signals in the heat extractors. Honestly if you don't like them get rid of them such is the life. Talk about some damn first world problems.
Yet here you are! Feel free to move on...there's plenty of other threads. This one interests me. I don't go to this fourm to discuss politics or solve the worlds problems. I go to discuss the Six Generation Mustang.

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
I saw a 2016 Ecoboost Premium on manufacturers plates near Dearborn.... Like the grille more than I thought I would. Might even upgrade...
0c29e6d628951fd16ea978ce98e70932.jpg

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Don't underestimate the importance of Sync 3...

Sent from my iPad using Fingers
what importance? it does the same exact thing but made by rim (eww). I got no issues with MFT. To this date it hasn't failed me on voice recognition yet. I also didn't buy a 430 hp car for it's wanna be tablet interface that does same thing.

and 0% interest currently for non owners >sync3 and not getting 0%

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
what importance? it does the same exact thing but made by rim (eww). I got no issues with MFT. To this date it hasn't failed me on voice recognition yet. I also didn't buy a 430 hp car for it's wanna be tablet interface that does same thing.

and 0% interest currently for non owners >sync3 and not getting 0%
1. "it does the same exact thing but made by rim (eww)" Don't get hung up on the ownership of QNX by BlackBerry. That's probably the only thing they've done right in years. The Sync 3 system has better voice recognition, and better hardware. It has more RAM and a faster processor, which makes it faster. It has a multi-point capacitive touchscreen instead of MFT's single-point resistive touchscreen. This makes it way more responsive and capable of things like swiping and pinch-to-zoom. QNX also allows iPhone and Android users the ability to use CarPlay and Android Auto, respectively. This allows for a much better of interaction and customization.

2. "I got no issues with MFT. To this date it hasn't failed me on voice recognition yet" I've never had a problem with MFT's voice recognition either. However many have. YMMV, as the saying goes.

3. "I also didn't buy a 430 hp car for it's wanna be tablet interface that does same thing." Good for you. The rest of us are quite happy that Ford doesn't rely solely on your input alone. I commute. I sit in traffic. Creature comforts like that are important to me.

4. "and 0% interest currently for non owners >sync3 and not getting 0%" I know this must be a shock to your world, but not everyone qualifies for that.

Sponsored

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
Agreed - I just picked up my 2016 GT yesterday, and the speed and accuracy of the Sync 3 system absolutely blows the MFT system out of the water. There really isn't any comparison.
What options did u get ? Pics would be appreciated.

Reactions: 113

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
4. "and 0% interest currently for non owners >sync3 and not getting 0%" I know this must be a shock to your world, but not everyone qualifies for that.

then they got more problems than buying a car anyways. it's not hard to qualify for 0%.... so logic is to buy a 2016 that cost more and has higher interest rate? yeah that seems logical to do if you can't qualify for 0%...the real logical thing to do would be not to buy a car where you get raped on interest...because if you can't qualify for 0%, chances are 2.5-4% is out of range too as credit and income requires are hardly different. Hell you only need a 650 credit score now to buy a house at 3% down.

Kjw86ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS
Alright, enough with the financial advice.

Let's get back to the photos! Here are some 2016s w/ Sync 3.

The auto updates are easy to receive as long as you're on WiFi. :headbang: No more of this stick based updating from the old days. I remember back when I bought a first generation navigation and Sync system, only the dealer could update it. How times change!

PS - has the Shaker logo always been white? Is this new?
16.jpg
14.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 1.41.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 1.41.35 PM.jpg

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Alright, enough with the financial advice.

Let's get back to the photos! Here are some 2016s w/ Sync 3.

The auto updates are easy to receive as long as you're on WiFi. :headbang: No more of this stick based updating from the old days. I remember back when I bought a first generation navigation and Sync system, only the dealer could update it. How times change!

PS - has the Shaker logo always been white? Is this new?

Nice photos. Yes, the white lettering is new, every 2015 I've seen isn't painted in, just stamped.

Can you confirm if the SD card slot is still in the armrest?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sync 3 value is subjective. If you aren't getting Nav then the only real huge difference is Carplay/Android Auto; otherwise the functions it does are identical basically. Sure it's a bit more fluid but 1/2 a second extra wont ruin your life either.

There are plenty of 3rd party plug and play options for Carplay/Auto on MFT with devices like Lockpick for $300-400.

If you can get a 2015 with discounts and a 0%/low interest rate it'd be hard to argue Sync 3 against possibly $2-3k savings on the car itself for a comparable 2015.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Nice photos. Yes, the white lettering is new, every 2015 I've seen isn't painted in, just stamped.

Can you confirm if the SD card slot is still in the armrest?

Would like to confirm this too. From what I have read, it looks like it is no longer. :(

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Sync 3 value is subjective. If you aren't getting Nav then the only real huge difference is Carplay/Android Auto; otherwise the functions it does are identical basically. Sure it's a bit more fluid but 1/2 a second extra wont ruin your life either.

There are plenty of 3rd party plug and play options for Carplay/Auto on MFT with devices like Lockpick for $300-400.

If you can get a 2015 with discounts and a 0%/low interest rate it'd be hard to argue Sync 3 against possibly $2-3k savings on the car itself for a comparable 2015.

It,also,comes down to this: if what you want is not on the lot, you order. 2016 by default. I preferred to not settle for second best. If I'm spending over 25k on a car, I'm damn well getting it the way I want it. If I wanted to settle, I'd have bought a corolla and started suicide counseling.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Duplicate
Sponsored