Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
That charger looks huge next to the stang, and so would a challenger!
But it's good to have 4 doors on a larger car.

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
The day has finally arrived! 37 days after order was placed...
IMG_2667.jpg

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Got my estimated delivery date on COTUS today...depressing to say the least. About a month later than I was hoping.
Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 3.19.38 PM.JPG

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016,gt premium,shadow black,black accent, 401a
Hey guys first time posting, been reading on here for awhile. I ordered a 2016 GT premium, Auto, 401A, Shadow Black, Ebony interior and black accent package. Ordered on 3/15/16 I got the VIN, but have not been able to track her anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated. I thought it would be easy waiting, man was i wrong.

Sponsored

Fantom928

Fantom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Same car here.....

Spoke with dealer on Friday and will be using X-plan pricing + any rebates I qualify for once I accept delivery. Should be finalizing details and signing paperwork on Monday or Tuesday.

GT Premium w/Performance Package (Guard + Dark Saddle Interior). I'm hoping to get OTD pricing below $40k before rebates. Will update once everything is final.

I have the same car being delivered next week - without the performance package (I drive over 30K miles a year and wanted a friendlier shifting car).
Nice selection!
:cheers:

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 black GT, perf. package
Question on ordering...is there any correlation between the dealer you order through and how fast the car will get built? i.e. a larger volume dealer (as an example) may get priority on a customer order vs. a smaller dealership.

Fantom928

Fantom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Question on ordering...is there any correlation between the dealer you order through and how fast the car will get built? i.e. a larger volume dealer (as an example) may get priority on a customer order vs. a smaller dealership.
I'm VERY new to all this (my Mustang will be delivered next week), but I did notice on my Vehicle Order Confirmation that their is a "Priority" number listed right at the top.
I ordered from a small dealer and my number is 80.
I saw on another thread that special orders are usually 11-20, managers have the power to get you a lower number (1-9) and regular orders are 21-89.

So, ask how to get a lower priority number and what impact that has on delivery timing.

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Hey guys first time posting, been reading on here for awhile. I ordered a 2016 GT premium, Auto, 401A, Shadow Black, Ebony interior and black accent package. Ordered on 3/15/16 I got the VIN, but have not been able to track her anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated. I thought it would be easy waiting, man was i wrong.
Welcome aboard Ddef16! Your best bet at this point is to send a PM with your VIN to FordService. They'll treat you right!

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I'm VERY new to all this (my Mustang will be delivered next week), but I did notice on my Vehicle Order Confirmation that their is a "Priority" number listed right at the top.
I saw on another thread that special orders are usually 11-20, managers have the power to get you a lower number (1-9) and regular orders are 21-89.

So, ask how to get a lower priority number and what impact that has on delivery timing.
Yep, there's lots of great info on the Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16942

Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 black GT, perf. package

Thanks, great information.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone at Ford Service for all of the updates! I took delivery of my pony this afternoon. So happy that the wait is finally over. :)

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you GTU!!! They hooked me up with the info I needed. Can't wait, never thought the wait would be this hard. Lol

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thank you GTU!!! They hooked me up with the info I needed. Can't wait, never thought the wait would be this hard. Lol
Once you reach your build date, wait 3-4 days & contact your dealer salesperson for your railcar tracking number. Then you can track your pony's movement across America using the automated telephone tracking system numbers listed on the Buying Basics + COTUS thread (post #1).

Also, once built, you can look up your specific build aspects on the Ford Etis website (select vehicle and enter VIN).

Have Fun..it's worth the wait!!!

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you reach your build date, wait 3-4 days & contact your dealer salesperson for your railcar tracking number. Then you can track your pony's movement across America using the automated telephone tracking system numbers listed on the Buying Basics + COTUS thread (post #1).

Also, once built, you can look up your specific build aspects on the Ford Etis website (select vehicle and enter VIN).

Have Fun..it's worth the wait!!!
Again great info and Thank you....

My build date is the set for 5/2 and EDD is 5/23. The info I received was a little conflicting with what the dealer had recently given me, which was delivery was still looking like 5/5 to 5/15. So we will see. I will look into the railcar info as well.
Sponsored