Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Combat Wally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Guard w/ OTT Racing Stripes
I have been looking at getting a Mustang since at least Spring 2014, but just ordered a 2016 GT with Performance Package in Guard Metallic this week. It should be here around late October.
Just saw the 2016 Build and Price QA website last night, and got a hold of my dealer first thing this morning. Added the ebony 'over-the-top' racing stripes to my 2016 Guard Metallic GT. I think this is going to look great!
Sponsored

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Darth Vader Ordered

After months, in the forum, reading about de new 6G, I finally decided to trade my 2013 GT. This is the most helpful forum, providing, from photos to experiences about the new 6G. I log every day, to see the lastest mod, or photo.....
Now the terrible waiting period, I enjoy the help from Deysha again!
Repeating the process again!:D

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Right on time, my window sticker is live.
Congratulations ilkhan:clap2: Not sure what is going to be harder waiting for VIN to be assigned or waiting once the VIN has been assigned :doh: At least the process has started

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Congratulations ilkhan:clap2: Not sure what is going to be harder waiting for VIN to be assigned or waiting once the VIN has been assigned :doh: At least the process has started
Yep. Although I have to admit since its my only vehicle I'm still very apprehensive about this vs getting a FoST for $10k less and actually having a trunk available as needed.

I'll email my salesman and see if she can change it to stock order and still guarantee me the employee pricing that's going on now.
Dont do this.
You won't get it any faster, theres probably enough stock orders to fill everything until OK to buy when retail orders start production.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Yep. Although I have to admit since its my only vehicle I'm still very apprehensive about this vs getting a FoST for $10k less and actually having a trunk available as needed.

Dont do this.
You won't get it any faster, theres probably enough stock orders to fill everything until OK to buy when retail orders start production.
I have no idea how that works out, so you're sure of what you are saying !
Maybe Deysha can chime in on this.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Just saw the 2016 Build and Price QA website last night, and got a hold of my dealer first thing this morning. Added the ebony 'over-the-top' racing stripes to my 2016 Guard Metallic GT. I think this is going to look great!
How did you do that? I don't see the option for the OTT stripe. :shrug:

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
She kinda already did. See post 320 in this thread. I don't see why the gap though, if they are indeed about done with stock orders only but aren't scheduling retail until September.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
By the time you get it switched to a "stock" order they'll be prioritizing retail orders. You'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you try to get it switched.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I just PM'd Nick from Ford CA customer service and waiting on his response. It'a all good either way, just getting impatient.
Last Mustang i ordered took exactly 8 weeks from order to delivery.

Sponsored

juareze16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG Ecoboost
So excited!!!!! Window sticker went live this morning and the stang gets built on Wednesday!!!! Schedule to be delivered on the 22nd of August!!!!!

Combat Wally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Guard w/ OTT Racing Stripes
How did you do that? I don't see the option for the OTT stripe. :shrug:
A buddy of mine sent me a link to the 2016 Build & Price QA site, and I was able to build my car, only I saw this time that they offered the OTT stripe. So I called up the dealer the next morning and told him I wanted to add it, and he did. I had no idea they were even offering the OTT racing stripe until I saw it on that site. The site is dead now, but you can still call your dealer... Hopefully, it won't delay your order too much if you change it!

To be honest, I didn't even think to ask for it back in June when I ordered my 2016 GT - I just e-mailed the dealer with everything I wanted (based on the 2015 Build & Price). I don't remember seeing the OTT racing stripe being offered for the 2016? But the dealer was able to add it to my order, no problem, so I guess we're good to go.

Last edited:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My Window sticker just went live also. So psyched!

Thanks Deysha for the link!
Woo hoo!! You’re welcome, mculver!

You all with window stickers are stock orders I assume?
Yes, Verdomix. We’re not scheduling retail orders yet.

After months, in the forum, reading about de new 6G, I finally decided to trade my 2013 GT. This is the most helpful forum, providing, from photos to experiences about the new 6G. I log every day, to see the lastest mod, or photo.....
Now the terrible waiting period, I enjoy the help from Deysha again!
Repeating the process again!:D
Woot woot!! Congrats again, and welcome back, redtrack!

I’m also thinking we already have all the “first run stock orders selected,” montreal ponies. Switching it now to stock may or may not get you scheduled early. You’re welcome to check with your dealer. If you do, be sure to let FordServiceCA know, so Nick can keep track of it for you.

Deysha

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hopefully those of us with retail orders get scheduled in a few weeks.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
A buddy of mine sent me a link to the 2016 Build & Price QA site, and I was able to build my car, only I saw this time that they offered the OTT stripe. So I called up the dealer the next morning and told him I wanted to add it, and he did. I had no idea they were even offering the OTT racing stripe until I saw it on that site. The site is dead now, but you can still call your dealer... Hopefully, it won't delay your order too much if you change it!

To be honest, I didn't even think to ask for it back in June when I ordered my 2016 GT - I just e-mailed the dealer with everything I wanted (based on the 2015 Build & Price). I don't remember seeing the OTT racing stripe being offered for the 2016? But the dealer was able to add it to my order, no problem, so I guess we're good to go.
Yeah, I knew it was available since I saw it in the Order Guide. I was just wondering how you got it to "render" on that now-defunct site because I couldn't find it on there. What style is it?
Sponsored