Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Oh okay, by that then, we won't hear anything until after August 31st then. Thanks
Hey, you're welcome. Nice color choice BTW. Same color I ordered. Plain old GT with the PP and "Recardos".

That is all...
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
The "money quote" in the e-mail that was forwarded to me yesterday by the dealer from Ford:

"The "OK to buy" is scheduled for August 31, 2015. If the OK to buy is granted retail scheduling begins Thursday, September 3, 2015.

I guess that gives me more time to save for more goodies. Already got a set of wheels on order.

I've given up on COTUS. I put in my dealer #, order #, and last name, and it tells me that my F150 Platinum is on it's way to the rail yard in Atlanta! The reason being, the dealer uses the same alpha-numeric order codes every year. COTUS picks up the dealer# and order # then figures it's close enough. "Still a few bugs in the system" :lol::lol::lol:

That is all...
Oh well, I thought I would get at least a month of driving in before the snow hits....I thought wrong. :headbonk: Like you said though, more time to save for upgrades/mods.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Oh well, I thought I would get at least a month of driving in before the snow hits....I thought wrong. :headbonk: Like you said though, more time to save for upgrades/mods.
I originally figured around the 3rd week in September. Mine is a retail "Priority 10". Wanted to take it out to Utah before the snow hits. Snow's not a problem though in Georgia. Always next year!

Getting it made doesn't seem to be the problem for me. From my "F150 COTUS report", it takes 12-14 days to go from Dearborn to Atlanta for delivery. I just pulled it up... it arrived at the dealer yesterday. 13 days in transit. I'm an optimist... Flat Rock is CLOSER to Atlanta than Dearborn, although not much! Now maybe that my "F150" has been de-livered, COTUS might update tonight with my REAL order. Sure ain't holdin' my breath. :D

Best of Luck! Patience!

That is all...

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I originally figured around the 3rd week in September. Mine is a retail "Priority 10". Wanted to take it out to Utah before the snow hits. Snow's not a problem though in Georgia. Always next year!

Getting it made doesn't seem to be the problem for me. From my "F150 COTUS report", it takes 12-14 days to go from Dearborn to Atlanta for delivery. I just pulled it up... it arrived at the dealer yesterday. 13 days in transit. I'm an optimist... Flat Rock is CLOSER to Atlanta than Dearborn, although not much! Now maybe that my "F150" has been de-livered, COTUS might update tonight with my REAL order. Sure ain't holdin' my breath. :D

Best of Luck! Patience!

That is all...
I was hoping for a last week of Sept. (b-day is the 26th) but was realistically thinking first/second week of Oct. Mine is also a retail priority 10. I already have my Corsa Extreme and UPR Catch Can in waiting. Enjoy your F-150 :ninja::lol:

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Anyone get a Vin or anything in cotus yet for retail orders? And geez so much for late Aug/early Sept which my dealer told me arrival would be lol

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
From what I've gathered through the most recent posts, I wouldn't expect anything on retail orders until Late Aug/early Sept.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Placed order today for GT premium fastback Ingot silver 18" foundry wheels, 401A, ebony premier trim, spoiler delete, and all weather floor mats. All on Xplan and all thanks to Mustang6g for all the info :headbang:
I placed my order on May 21st. I already have the VIN# and my dealer told my that my order has been processed, but I can't seem to track it with COTUS.
Woo hoo! Congrats on your orders guys! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can check on them for you!

If you PM FordService Deysha can check that for you.
Thanks for the mention, leszek!

Deysha

BatGuano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0 V8 Convertible
Finally got my VIN today, but COTUS doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyone know why?

Dealer says that delivery date should be 15-Aug. Can't wait!

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
Finally got my VIN today, but COTUS doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyone know why?

COTUS is not working for 2016s yet. PM Deysha and she can hook you up with all the information and a link for your window sticker which should be available roughly a week before your build date. My estimated delivery date is 8/24 so I am right behind you.

NewLoveForTheStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium Ignot Silver 6MT. PP + Nav.
OMG the wait is so long I might die in a car accident before I get my car! I just called my salesman to switch to stock. He says the ford rep he talked to says that RETAIL comes before stock and stock only comes before retail on NEW GENERATION MODELS (like from 2014-2015) but I can change to stock if I want to. So I need to know what really comes first, Deysha I need your help! Please confirm this for me and everyone else who is also killing themselves :(

P.S. I just got a new job that is an hour drive away, so I really need my own transportation since I am sharing a car with my Dad. Ironically, I am now working as a car salesman if anyone was wondering lol. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram though so I have no info on Fords :(

Sponsored

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
I don't think that's correct for 2016. See my posts #297 and #299 in this thread. Hope you're right.

A 2015 just hit my dealer with the same specs as I ordered, only 3Y instead of Magnetic. The plot thickens!

Best of Luck!
That is all...

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
OMG the wait is so long I might die in a car accident before I get my car! I just called my salesman to switch to stock. He says the ford rep he talked to says that RETAIL comes before stock and stock only comes before retail on NEW GENERATION MODELS (like from 2014-2015) but I can change to stock if I want to. So I need to know what really comes first, Deysha I need your help! Please confirm this for me and everyone else who is also killing themselves :(

P.S. I just got a new job that is an hour drive away, so I really need my own transportation since I am sharing a car with my Dad. Ironically, I am now working as a car salesman if anyone was wondering lol. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram though so I have no info on Fords :(
I can tell you from my personal experience that the stock orders are definitely first. I ordered mine on 5/29 and my dealer was nice enough to order a stock one and a retail one, both to my specs. I already have a VIN and an estimated delivery date of 8/24. The retail order is in the system but has not been accepted yet. In another week I should be able to see my window sticker. I can't wait!. I found myself going by the Ford dealership Friday to sit in one and started daydreaming....haha.

Reactions: 113

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150

Stock orders are being scheduled first, retail orders will be scheduled once "OK to buy" (QA checks, basically) is issued, should be mid-late August for Sept production.

I can tell you from my personal experience that the stock orders are definitely first. I ordered mine on 5/29 and my dealer was nice enough to order a stock one and a retail one, both to my specs. I already have a VIN and an estimated delivery date of 8/24. The retail order is in the system but has not been accepted yet. In another week I should be able to see my window sticker. I can't wait!. I found myself going by the Ford dealership Friday to sit in one and started daydreaming....haha.
Same. I ordered 6/2 and took a week before the order was correct and I had the DORA in hand. :/
Stock order has VIN/production-date/EDD, retail order has zilch.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Welcome and congrats, BatGuano! COTUS is still in a pilot phase and has not been rolled out for all regions or vehicle nameplates. What you find on the site may not be the most up-to-date information. It's also for retail orders. I’m happy to check on it for you. Please, PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

COTUS is not working for 2016s yet. PM Deysha and she can hook you up with all the information and a link for your window sticker which should be available roughly a week before your build date. My estimated delivery date is 8/24 so I am right behind you.
Thanks for the support, mculver!

I’m gonna need you to breathe and step off the ledge, NewLoveForTheStang. Lol! Yes, stock orders always go first at the beginning of all production for a SMALL period of time. In general, orders are scheduled based on the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. Therefore, the date is the last factor.

However, at this time we’re not scheduling retail orders. As others have mentioned, this won’t start until possibly September. I hope this helps understand.

Deysha

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Welcome and congrats, BatGuano! COTUS is still in a pilot phase and has not been rolled out for all regions or vehicle nameplates. What you find on the site may not be the most up-to-date information. It's also for retail orders.
Is COTUS *only* for retail orders? Stock orders will never show up in COTUS?
Sponsored