Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016,gt premium,shadow black,black accent, 401a
Congrats buymycar, I'm sure the wait was well worth it. My delivery should be right around the corner. Supposed to be the 16th. We will see.

rgonzaminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP - Recaros
Replacing my black 2015 GT Fastback with a ruby red 2016 GT PP Premium. Ordered from the dealer on March 31st. VIN provided mid-April. Blend date was last Wednesday May 4th. Currently sitting in Flat Rock waiting to be loaded on a train.

Estimated delivery is May 21st-25th according to my dealer but wondering if there is a way to get a little more specific? I believe I've exhausted the COTUSB log in attempts as it is now asking me for a Ford or Coviesnt log in. Car being delivered to Atlanta area.

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Replacing my black 2015 GT Fastback with a ruby red 2016 GT PP Premium. Ordered from the dealer on March 31st. VIN provided mid-April. Blend date was last Wednesday May 4th. Currently sitting in Flat Rock waiting to be loaded on a train.

Estimated delivery is May 21st-25th according to my dealer but wondering if there is a way to get a little more specific? I believe I've exhausted the COTUSB log in attempts as it is now asking me for a Ford or Coviesnt log in. Car being delivered to Atlanta area.
You could check with your dealer for the railcar# and begin tracking via the CSX phone line per Post#1 on the Buying Basics thread

Sponsored

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
One of the last '16s

Relatively new member here. I just added to the poll. I have a loaded 5.0 premium vert on order. I am a bit surprised that it is taking so long. I ordered March 15 and I now understand that it will be born on May 23. Delivery is likely not until June 9. That is 11 weeks. My Carrera S took only 8 weeks from Germany. I was told that part of the problem was retooling for the '17s. So I must be near the end.

I find it surprising that less than 1 in 5 Mustangs is a convertible (even though I think the got the line of the coupe perfect), and that more than 2/3 of all vents are GT premium - the most expensive non-Shelby in the lineup.

Not sure what to make of that.

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Relatively new member here. I just added to the poll. I have a loaded 5.0 premium vert on order. I am a bit surprised that it is taking so long. I ordered March 15 and I now understand that it will be born on May 23. Delivery is likely not until June 9. That is 11 weeks. My Carrera S took only 8 weeks from Germany. I was told that part of the problem was retooling for the '17s. So I must be near the end.

I find it surprising that less than 1 in 5 Mustangs is a convertible (even though I think the got the line of the coupe perfect), and that more than 2/3 of all vents are GT premium - the most expensive non-Shelby in the lineup.

Not sure what to make of that.
My car was ordered March 8th and the build date is May 18th so your not alone on having a long wait.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
My car was ordered March 8th and the build date is May 18th so your not alone on having a long wait.
I guess the good new for both of us is the car is so popular. I was hoping to be able to top down a good part of May - but between the weather and the pollen, it was probably for the best.

Congrats on the CS - drive it in good health!

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I guess the good new for both of us is the car is so popular. I was hoping to be able to top down a good part of May - but between the weather and the pollen, it was probably for the best.

Congrats on the CS - drive it in good health!
I was planning on taking mine to OC Maryland next week for a big event but that won't be happening lol. At least I'll have more money to put down on it though

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Here's my long journey ...

New update on mine today ... GRRRRR !!

02/11/16 Ordered
03/21/16 got VIN from Meagan at Ford Service
04/14/16 Order Processing Completed
04/15/16 got Window Sticker pdf from my salesman
04/20/16 Built
05/09/16 Est Dely
05/05/16 On a TRAIN
05/16/16 Est Dely
and now today cotus is saying:
05/21/16 Est Dely

Flat Rock plant is only 7 hours / 450 miles away from my dealer and train ride to the Markham railyard (south of Chicago) takes less than a day.

So if the new 5/21 date is accurate, this means my car sits in the Markham railyard (only 3 hours south of my dealer) waiting to get on a delivery truck for more than TWO WEEKS ?? This is totally ridiculous !! My 2011 sat at Markham for a week, and I thought this was way too long, now my 2016 could be there twice as long ... this just is not right !!

Doug

Sponsored

rgonzaminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP - Recaros
Well the new car came in last Thursday! I could not be more happy with my purchase :) Going from a 2015 Base GT to a 2016 Premium PP with Recaros and a new Roush axle back with H pipe was like TOTAL sensory overload and I love every second of it.

Car already has some of my old mods including Diode Dynamics sidemarkers, 4th brake light, switchbacks, Ford Racing decklid blackout panel, Steeda clutch spring, and Ashiko shift knob.

Pic attached is from Saturday where I had my ceramic coating put on. Tint is coming Friday, lowering the car on Saturday, getting by Rovos Durbans powdercoated gloss black next week, and have my order in for my Rotorpros drilled and slotted rotors which should be in early next month.

Many more picts to come! HUGE shout out to the FordService team. They kept me informed on my vehicles movements every step of the way.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Well, my car FINALLY ARRIVED Monday the 23rd !!

It was supposed to be delivered "by 5/21" and we had swung by the dealer lot 3 times between after they closed Saturday afternoon & Sunday night and no sign of it.

I swung by there again yesterday morning on my way to work at 5 AM and it was still not there, but got call from the dealer at 9 AM saying it had arrived so I probably missed it by only a couple of hours. As soon as I got off the phone with the dealer, I called my wife to see where she was at since she said she'd drive by the dealer on her way to work ... turns out she was only a few blocks away, so she stopped in and took some pics for me.

I'll be out of town till Wednesday night, so I'll be picking it up 1st thing Thursday morning !!

I know you guys like pics so here it is with almost 3 weeks of transport dirt on it ...
My 2016 EB A-D 1.JPG
My 2016 EB A-D 3.JPG

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stangs r me, that's great dude,looks great, the guard is growing on me. I know your looking forward to picking it up. Got my call at 10am today, going tomorrow afternoon to pick her up. Ten weeks of waiting never thought it would be this hard, I'll post some pics right after I pick her up.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It will be 15 Weeks for me when I pick it up tomorrow ... ordered on 2/11 ... longest wait EVER for a special order and I've ordered a total of 6 new Fords since 1994.

As I said, I've been out of town since Monday morning so I'm going to leave work early tonight so I can stop by the dealer before they close to see it ... then will be back at 9 AM to do all the paperwork and take it home.

It has been a loooooooooong wait and the past two weeks have been especially brutal as I thought there was a chance it would be in both last week and the week before.

Doug

Ddef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well she is finally home. Well worth the wait, :ford::headbang:

Having trouble getting the pics to load they are too big. I will get some shrunk down and get them posted.
Sponsored