Sponsored

2016 GT350

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Not judging anyone, but have a hard time understanding the utility of 526hp, 429ft torque, and 8250 rpm redline on US streets or highways with 55-75mph speed limits. I can understand "street plus" but not "street only" with that type of capability. Even "spirited driving" can't come close to testing such a car, trans/diff issue withstanding.
i bought mine cuz i knew people would take pics and videos of me while driving....superstar!! :eyebulge: :love: :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
Not judging anyone, but have a hard time understanding the utility of 526hp, 429ft torque, and 8250 rpm redline on US streets or highways with 55-75mph speed limits. I can understand "street plus" but not "street only" with that type of capability. Even "spirited driving" can't come close to testing such a car, trans/diff issue withstanding.
I hear ya, but if I was going simply by utility, I would be looking at something far less expensive with much better gas mileage. It's sort of like buying toilet paper. Sure, I can go buy that one ply that is in all public rest rooms at a far cheaper price. It may not be the prettiest thing all the time, and may even be uncomfortable, but it would get the job done at a much slower rate.

In all seriousness, I get your point. My answer would be, because that's what I want and we only live once.

OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
i bought mine cuz i knew people would take pics and videos of me while driving....superstar!! :eyebulge: :love: :D
I am camera shy, so I may have to reconsider.

OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
Thanks again. I did put things on hold due to a couple losses in the family. I am back seriously considering it. The dealer and GM have both contacted me a few times. They must be eager to move the car. The offer on the table is now 1K below invoice. I am going to think about it, but it's getting hard to pass that up. I am just concerned about it being a tech car. I appreciate the responses in regards to that issue. It has helped alleviate some of my concerns. I don't see me tracking it. Yes, I live in the country with plenty of roads that beg you to drive faster. Maybe that begging is in my head, but I can't simply ignore it. Within reason of course.

Take care

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks again. I did put things on hold due to a couple losses in the family. I am back seriously considering it. The dealer and GM have both contacted me a few times. They must be eager to move the car. The offer on the table is now 1K below invoice. I am going to think about it, but it's getting hard to pass that up. I am just concerned about it being a tech car. I appreciate the responses in regards to that issue. It has helped alleviate some of my concerns. I don't see me tracking it. Yes, I live in the country with plenty of roads that beg you to drive faster. Maybe that begging is in my head, but I can't simply ignore it. Within reason of course.

Take care
If you are referring to invoice (dealer cost) and you are getting it below that..... I'd buy it. I would ask to see the invoice and be certain to know how to ascertain that price. Be weary of dealer fees and other hidden costs. If you are truly getting 1k below dealer cost, I'd go for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
If you are referring to invoice (dealer cost) and you are getting it below that..... I'd buy it. I would ask to see the invoice and be certain to know how to ascertain that price. Be weary of dealer fees and other hidden costs. If you are truly getting 1k below dealer cost, I'd go for it.
Thanks. It's legit below invoice. Nothing hidden.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Get a 17. You can't beat magneride and piece of mind of having coolers
The '16 Tech has MagneRide.

$1K below invoice is ~$7K below MSRP, depending upon options. That sounds like a great deal considering many folks paid over MSRP. That leaves a lot of money on the table to resolve any cooling issues, if they arise.
2016PRICING.JPG

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Good deal for sure.

FYI, I occasionally track my car and my cooler fix is on track to cost me $1k. It's an electric pump that's manually turned on at the track. No need for it otherwise.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
The '16 Tech has MagneRide.

$1K below invoice is ~$7K below MSRP, depending upon options. That sounds like a great deal considering many folks paid over MSRP. That leaves a lot of money on the table to resolve any cooling issues, if they arise.
Thanks for posting that. The offer is inline with your post

OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
Thanks for all the replies. I missed the deal. The car sold today while I was at the funeral for my Grandma. Oh well. There will be another. Take care

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
If you aren't tracking it and you aren't daily driving it in stop and go traffic you'll likely never experience "limp mode." I personally think that the whole issue has been blown way out of proportion.

Assuming the price is something you're comfortable with, buy it and enjoy it. JMO.

Edit: I see you missed it. Better luck next time.

OP
OP

Norton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Challenger R/T
If you aren't tracking it and you aren't daily driving it in stop and go traffic you'll likely never experience "limp mode." I personally think that the whole issue has been blown way out of proportion.

Assuming the price is something you're comfortable with, buy it and enjoy it. JMO.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am gonna keep looking. It's an awesome car!

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4

This car should never experience limp mode in stop and go traffic. That would DEFINITELY be a problem if it did. I can understand on the track, but not on the street under normal driving conditions.
Sponsored