2016 GT PP-Brake thud after rain

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
I have noticed after my car sits for a few days in the rain, that I have a loud clunk noise when first putting the car in motion, as if something is breaking loose before it can move.

This was first noticed when the car was only a couple of months old (bought Nov 2015). I didn't pay much attention because it doesn't rain much here in California.... until recently, and this has happened only 2 or 3 times. It only happens after rain.

So the car sat at the airport for 4 days in the rain this week and I noticed the noise again. It sounds like it is coming from the front. I have the Brembo brakes up front. I am wondering if something on the brakes starts to rust together after a few days motionless in the rain. I can feel that the car does not immediately move when slowly letting out the clutch until I hear a clunk sound, which feels like something let loose.

It only does it once and after that everything is fine...brakes work fine, nothing feels out of the ordinary.

Anyone else have this happen and can share findings?

EDIT - GT is a 2015 not 2016.

Wondering if I should take to dealer to have it looked at.
Sponsored

Last edited:

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Yes, this happens to me when my car sits for a few days and I finally move it. It sounds like the front brembo's breaking loose. My experience is 2 + days in a cold garage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Normal. The pads have metal and is stuck to the rotor due to moisture. Happens all the time.

OP
OP

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Yes, this happens to me when my car sits for a few days and I finally move it. It sounds like the front brembo's breaking loose. My experience is 2 + days in a cold garage.
Normal. The pads have metal and is stuck to the rotor due to moisture. Happens all the time.
Ok thanks...looks like nothing to be concerned about.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Yeah mine are very noisy when rolling slowly out of the garage. I can barely here it over my exhaust, but the wife notices it all the time when she's outside with my son and I'm leaving. Goes away after a few rotations. It's just the combination of the pad material and it sitting cold.
Sponsored