2016 Camaro: How will Ford respond

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
No body knew about the new Ford GT until it was released . People would not buy the current turd Z06 if they knew a mid engine 2017 was coming. IMO:shrug:
But this is about the Camaro so sorry for getting off track.
Sponsored

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
Well in my book, im not really concerned about what the bowtie boys have planned,

What I know about my s550, its got boss cams, exhaust cam has a longer duration, ive got forged rod and crank, hiflow boss styled cast heads w big valves, my stock gt intake flows more than the boss at high rpm. Its got aluminum lcas on the irs, massive breaks, and engine oil cooler. Oh and the new pistons are boost friendly.

Tunes are conservative atm, but wait and ull see what a 15 is made off.

Comaros are gonna need alot of work to compete. Just remember how potent 14 base gts were, the pp gt is a beast. I doubt the torquey ss will make enough difference when im on the top of 4th gear

The s550 did shed alot of weight, from initial vission to end result.

Good luck to gm, they need it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Well in my book, im not really concerned about what the bowtie boys have planned,

What I know about my s550, its got boss cams, exhaust cam has a longer duration, ive got forged rod and crank, hiflow boss styled cast heads w big valves, my stock gt intake flows more than the boss at high rpm.

The '15 Coyote has 13mm lift cams but no word on duration so can't really be compared to Boss cams. The Coyote intake does not outflow the Boss intake at high RPM. Dyno graphs show power dropping off around 6,700rpm whereas the Boss keeps making power well beyond 7,500rpm.

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
Ill try and find a link were i got that info from

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
The '15 Coyote has 13mm lift cams but no word on duration so can't really be compared to Boss cams. The Coyote intake does not outflow the Boss intake at high RPM. Dyno graphs show power dropping off around 6,700rpm whereas the Boss keeps making power well beyond 7,500rpm.

heres general specs on the engine itself of the revisions

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/2015-Mustang-Engine-Specs-50L-V8-Coyote

now this video explains the intake itself, their was one that described it a bit better on the powergraphs but so u get an idea.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pZe1omuyB8g[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

I did recall reading something about the cam being better. this is all reading that I do online so please don't discredit me or attempt to if u wanna buy a comaro that's your business. if you don't like my info please keep it to urself or file complaints to am or lmr not to me k

thanks

Al

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I know its too soon to talk but only if we had that weight advantage! Thats what always been mustangs advantage even with the less hp it would leave camaro behind but now things might change :(

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If Camaro makes their 4 cyl the entry model and their V6 the mid model, how does Ford respond? Do they then do more to the V6 or just kill it entirely?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
No the v6 is dead end for Ford, they will just keep it as entry but put the new tune ecoboost in the new Focus RS in the mustang to keep up with their v6 i think. But they have to squeeze more hp from the 5.0 to keep up with lt1! I m calling it now in 4 years the 5.2 lt v8 paired with 8 speed auto and 7 speed manual will be the powerplant for the gt!

bharabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Premium
No the v6 is dead end for Ford, they will just keep it as entry but put the new tune ecoboost in the new Focus RS in the mustang to keep up with their v6 i think. But they have to squeeze more hp from the 5.0 to keep up with lt1! I m calling it now in 4 years the 5.2 lt v8 paired with 8 speed auto and 7 speed manual will be the powerplant for the gt!
I believe Ford has an ecoboost 6 cylinder engine too which would generate about 330hp.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I believe Ford has an ecoboost 6 cylinder engine too which would generate about 330hp.
Yes but its not NA, my comment was for the NA v6 engine as the one in the camaro! The ecoboost in the Taurus SHO produces more than 330hp!

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Yes but its not NA, my comment was for the NA v6 engine as the one in the camaro! The ecoboost in the Taurus SHO produces more than 330hp!
The SHO had the original ecoV6 and pumped out 365. since then Ford has made leaps and bounds in ecoboost performance. If they remake their current 3.5 or make an entirely new V6 between 3.5-4.0L it would far overpower even the NA 5.0L

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
This!!! DI has it's issues. I had a Mazdasped 3 before the 5.0. We used to have valve cleaning parties LOL. Audis also have the gunked valve issues.
You can add the venerable N54 from BMW that requires valve cleaning if you want that platform to perform optimally.
Sponsored