Sponsored

2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
The fitment issues are not only on the outside. I found the black plastic trim above the passenger side window in the back was not properly attached was sticking out about an inch. This is a minor fix but it just shows a lack of attention to detail.
Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Alignment issues.

I got my car on Thursday late afternoon. There are some things, I would say FORD or the dealership should have fixed right away. But they didn't. What I am talking about?

Take a good look, please:

picture.jpg

Yes of course I tried one time to push it in but it pops up again.

The alignment of some things like the hood and DOORS:

picture.jpg

Again. Yes. The door was closed proper. When I was waiting for my wheels to arrive from the warehouse, I made some pictures. I do have to wash the car today and make some more pictures. The hood is my biggest concern. When I touched the side edges to check the alignment to the fenders, I recognized on both sites that the hood "falls" down in the middle. I hope she is not bended. What I like to do is to put a ruler or other straight object over this area to see what is going on. And yes. I know that my car was only a $40,000 car. But I don't care guys. I am working hard to earn my money - or I did.

Good surprises:
How good she looks in person. And the GUARD looks so fantastic in person that I have to say: "Everyone who said that there is no green in this color and that it would look like magnetic, you guys should apologize to everyone who ordered this color without knowing how it would came out!" It is dark green my friends. YES!:first:

Biggest surprise:
My BRONZE Fire Leather - also that we ordered DARK SADDLE on the 12th of August this year. Ford Service has no clue why I got that.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Sorry you have some fitment issue, Papaya. That sucks! I got REALLY luck apparently. I've gone over my car with a fine tooth comb and the only build quality/fitment issue I have is a very minor 1/16th inch underhang of the rear bumper where it meets the quarter panel on the passenger side. The dealer is going to fix it next week if I can find the time to get it in then.

Guard is stunning, that is very true. The color is everything I expected.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
there is....

the whole gauge cluster turns red :)

:headbang:
Didn't see any of the cluster light up on a second gear roll up to redline last night. I'll go back into settings to check and see if its programmable.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
3c45156bd120ab5900de3eddadeb62d5.jpg

Disappointment (one)
Happened a couple days.... As sun is setting I get blinded by the reflection on the steering wheel....

Hopefully tint in the spring will help. If I can wait that long.

I would like to black out all the silver on the knobs and surfaces if there was a good way to do it.

Besides this.... So far it is just amazingly fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Can't take this thing anywhere without being swarmed by other Mustangs.
IMG_20141214_131748_932.jpg

Murdered Out Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
You guys make me so jealous

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Sync = GARBAGE. Other than that...love the car.
Go use a BMW/Mercedes voice/bluetooth system then come back and say that with a straight face. You probably have an Iphone which Iphones are garbage with most systems due to their unfriendly integration with anything that doesn't have an I infront of it

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Your car came in!!!! :clap2:
Have you posted pics?
Not yet -- will take some in the garage in Manhattan tomorrow where lighting is better. The car is phenomenal in every way.

Sponsored

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Go use a BMW/Mercedes voice/bluetooth system then come back and say that with a straight face. You probably have an Iphone which Iphones are garbage with most systems due to their unfriendly integration with anything that doesn't have an I infront of it
Yes I do have an iPhone. Funny she has an iPhone, & both my wife's 09 & 11 Nissan Murano have zero issues her iPhone 6 Plus connectivity. Sync is garbage & it's known issue with all Fords...why do you think Ford dropped Microsoft?

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Yes I do have an iPhone. Funny she has an iPhone, & both my wife's 09 & 11 Nissan Murano have zero issues her connectivity. Sync is garbage & it's known issue with all Fords...why do you think Ford dropped Microsoft?
My last 6 cars have all had SYNC and the only one with any issues was my 2012 Explorer limited. Once i received a SYNC update about a year after I had it the SYNC issues went away. We have (2) 2013 Ford Fusions, a Titanium with MFT and and SE with Sync but no touch screen. My wife and I both own iPhones (mine is a 6 and hers a 5s) and we have had zero issues with SYNC.

Some people give SYNC a bad rap because of all the issues associated with the MFT when it first came out.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I had problems with Sync on my '13 F-150 4X4, but at least it would connect. With the Stang I can't get it to even pair. Oh, the other thing I'm not crazy about on the 15 Mustang is the "pizza cutter" tires...235's are pathetic looking. Can't wait to burn 'em off & get a staggered set up.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I had problems with Sync on my '13 F-150 4X4, but at least it would connect. With the Stang I can't get it to even pair. Oh, the other thing I'm not crazy about on the 15 Mustang is the "pizza cutter" tires...235's are pathetic looking. Can't wait to burn 'em off & get a staggered set up.
I sold my set on ebay for a decent profit. I wouldnt trash them!

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
I got my car on Thursday late afternoon. There are some things, I would say FORD or the dealership should have fixed right away. But they didn't. What I am talking about?

Take a good look, please:

picture.jpg

Yes of course I tried one time to push it in but it pops up again.

The alignment of some things like the hood and DOORS:

picture.jpg

Again. Yes. The door was closed proper. When I was waiting for my wheels to arrive from the warehouse, I made some pictures. I do have to wash the car today and make some more pictures. The hood is my biggest concern. When I touched the side edges to check the alignment to the fenders, I recognized on both sites that the hood "falls" down in the middle. I hope she is not bended. What I like to do is to put a ruler or other straight object over this area to see what is going on. And yes. I know that my car was only a $40,000 car. But I don't care guys. I am working hard to earn my money - or I did.

Good surprises:
How good she looks in person. And the GUARD looks so fantastic in person that I have to say: "Everyone who said that there is no green in this color and that it would look like magnetic, you guys should apologize to everyone who ordered this color without knowing how it would came out!" It is dark green my friends. YES!:first:

Biggest surprise:
My BRONZE Fire Leather - also that we ordered DARK SADDLE on the 12th of August this year. Ford Service has no clue why I got that.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
How the hell did that happen??? How does it compare to saddle? Looks good in that pic
Sponsored