Sponsored

2015 Mustang Questions & Answers

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Does Ford "Corporate" approve of these Mark Ups on the Limited Editions being placed by dealers?

I have a $5k markup and It bothers me to be $7k away from a Hellcat (USAA pricing is $58500) almost makes me want to switch. I wonder what Dave thinks of that.
Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Does Ford "Corporate" approve of these Mark Ups on the Limited Editions being placed by dealers?

I have a $5k markup and It bothers me to be $7k away from a Hellcat (USAA pricing is $58500) almost makes me want to switch. I wonder what Dave thinks of that.
No car is worth paying that kind of markup. If everyone refused to do so dealers would never do it.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Hey, I'm doing this in my free time-- I still have a job to do! Specifically, the last couple of weeks have been planning final details for the drive you're seeing coverage of today.
Your time is much appreciated - whatever you can spare!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Hey, I'm doing this in my free time-- I still have a job to do! Specifically, the last couple of weeks have been planning final details for the drive you're seeing coverage of today.
I completely understand and that was my point. It probably wasn't the best time to jump in and answer questions with everything going on. It's much appreciated though.

We're all very happy. I just got back from sitting with Dave Pericak and a few of the journalists at the program... The feedback that we're being given is overwhelmingly positive; folks have consistently said that the car is a "total winner."

Keep in mind that there will be a ton of articles coming out in the next few days. We have a whole new batch of journalists who will drive the car tomorrow, then several more batches of journalists after that.
I think the better question would be. What do you and Dave think about a lot of us being down after the initial reviews? The Mustang communities response to these reviews has been lukewarm at best. I think a little GT350 news could cheer us up. :ford:

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Brian, welcome back. You should have told us that you were doing this on your time, and not Ford's dime. But thanks for popping in. Anyway 2 questions:
1. Do you know what the 1/4 mile time is for the Ecoboost manual transmissions?(Journos only had an automatic to test)?
2. Can the Ford Racing 6 piston Brembo brake kit(same as GT PP) fit in stock 18'' Ecoboost wheels or would I need to buy 19" wheels?

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Hey Brian, welcome back. You should have told us that you were doing this on your time, and not Ford's dime. But thanks for popping in. Anyway 2 questions:
1. Do you know what the 1/4 mile time is for the Ecoboost manual transmissions?(Journos only had an automatic to test)?
2. Can the Ford Racing 6 piston Brembo brake kit(same as GT PP) fit in stock 18'' Ecoboost wheels or would I need to buy 19" wheels?
The stock Ecoboost wheels will not fit over the 6 piston Brembo brakes

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Thank you for reaching out to us, esp. on your free time!

Any word on if MFT will be upgradeable to future systems (ex. QNX)?

juzef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
curretly a 2014 CRV :(
Why is the 2015 GT with PP not faster to 60 than similarly equipped 2014 GT?

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Ok if we can get Brian for a couple hours, I'll chip in a few bucks....who's with me?
I'm in. What's the going rate, Brian? :p We'll crowdfund your time. :)

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker

I would be extremely surprised if the Hellcat will be sold below sticker any time close to it's release. While Dodge has said they will penalize dealers for long DOL times based on mark ups, they won't do so for DOL for MSRP.
Sponsored