2015 Mustang in Deep Impact Blue Spotted at Barrett Jackson

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Guard, DIB or Magnetic… tough choice. Guard is currently first choice but I still need to see it in person. I'll be seeing the DIB car in person tomorrow… can't wait.
I hope we get a satin option on the PP wheels.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Did you watch the Ford streaming thing from Monday? One of the Ford guys showed a poster they used for inspiration with Steve McQueen, and photos that they thought represented the Mustang. A panther poised to strike was one of them.
Haha....no, I didn't catch that. Clearly their inspiration worked :headbang:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Pics of DIB in the shade
Nice, it seems much lighter under real world world conditions. I'm interested in your opinion. Does it appear dirty easily, is it a pain to keep it clean, etc....?

Sponsored

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
It looks best when the sun is shining on it. Yes gets dirty very quick, you see every swirl and smudge. Unless your a detail freak it does not stay clean very long.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Nice, it seems much lighter under real world world conditions. I'm interested in your opinion. Does it appear dirty easily, is it a pain to keep it clean, etc....?
Fill a baggie with vacuum cleaner dust/dirt, go to a Dealership, after they close, sprinkle a small amount of dirt on different colored cars (Hood) then step back and see which colors show the dirt better than others...Take pictures for future reference-->:ninja:

GTsquid

Does the DIB have the little metallic flakes in it or not?

This isn't scientific by any means but just zooming in on the DIB here, seeing how it looks under the lights and the way they been workign the metallic flakes into these new colors i would guess that it does.

Jarstang, do you have any closeups of this DIB model?

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Why does it have those front/side skirts? Is that a certain package?
I assume you're asking about the flat black, horizontal "skirt" extensions under the car? They are on All 2015 Mustangs and tie in with the Splitter up front and the Difuser in the rear. Aston Martin uses a similar design.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This the first retail '15 Mustang that will be sold right? Great choice of color.

Not necessarily...the winner in past auction has usually spec'ed out what they wanted and then that was produced as the first.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

This isn't scientific by any means but just zooming in on the DIB here, seeing how it looks under the lights and the way they been workign the metallic flakes into these new colors i would guess that it does.

Jarstang, do you have any closeups of this DIB model?
Stang.RaceRed.b04.KGP.ed-3154742121-O.jpg
DIB 2015 Mustang.jpg