Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT350 Spied With Less Camo

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Am I the only one around here who sees a really nasty problem with the new profile - so well revealed in the above photo which contrasts it to the old one? Basically the greenhouse has been squashed, as Ford has gone for a Camaro-esque bunker-slit look. While some might find this more "sleek" (personally IRL I found the greenhouse looked disproportionately small and awkward, like the greenhouse of a Cayman had been glued on top of the new Mustang's body), it is guaranteed to wreak havoc with the Stang's visibility.

IMO this was a stupid design decision on Ford's part. A lot of potential Camaro sales were and are lost because of its horrid outward visibility issues, and the same thing is likely here. I find the visibility in the current generation Mustang barely sufficient, and I suspect many like myself are going to find the new one unacceptable.
The hood height and tail height have been lowered more than the roof so actually the useable greenhouse is the same or bigger. You are letting the sleeker design fool you. Which is good so the car will look more exotic without giving up functionality.
Sponsored

stangray11

For what it's worth, I heard Ford is still making 2014 Mustangs as we speak. I know they usually stop production in November. So far, 4 months passed that mark.
Wait, why wouldn't they be? The 15 won't go into production until August. THat's almost half a year away, they can't just idle Mustang production this far out.

This is going to be a very long model year. To make up for it, I wouldnt be surprised to see a shorter 15 to balance it out, unless they plan to sell a sports car during Fall/Winter every year. Bad idea if you ask me.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The hood height and tail height have been lowered more than the roof so actually the usable greenhouse is the same or bigger. You are letting the sleeker design fool you. Which is good so the car will look more exotic without giving up functionality.
Just blew the image up and measured them - you are right, the windows are identical in height so it's a bit of an optical illusion. However it appears that the maximum height point on the new model is farther aft than the old one, which will likely have a negative impact on visibility as the windshield will not be as high due to the roof curvature changes.

I still find the greenhouse proportions and shape look imbalanced on the new version (with the exception of the fastback-style rear window)- the greenhouse is in much better alignment with the Mustang's massive body on the old car. And I can't see myself ever using the word "exotic" to describe any Mustang...

NRMStand

this when next year years production starts in Oct.
Who said the following year's production of SVT vehicles starts in October?
This. Oh the irony of this coming from someone who doesn't like speculation.

My eyesight is fine and it is very clear from looking at the above photo that the greenhouse is less tall overall than it used to be. How could anyone not see that? Just look at those 2 side windows, the older car's window is at least 10% taller.
The info is already out so I'm not sure why we are debating this. Look at the charts on the bottom of the first page:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-mustang-s550-986.html

Passenger volume is up from 81 cubic feet to 84.5, with more leg, shoulder and hip room in front compared to the 2014. Yes front headroom is 0.9" less, but rear headroom increased by 1.5"

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Passenger volume is up from 81 cubic feet to 84.5, with more leg, shoulder and hip room in front compared to the 2014. Yes front headroom is 0.9" less, but rear headroom increased by 1.5"
See my edit above, the pillbox look is at least partly an optical illusion - but losing that .9 inches off the top of the windshield will make a difference in frontwards visibility, and not for the better. And is it going to make it harder for track-day enthusiasts to wear a helmet in the car? They'd better avoid the sunroof option.

Sponsored

NRMStand

I wont get into future MY change over, just to say should be obvious by now SVT and S550 coupe and convertible program timelines are different. It changed several times already. They were all together once, planned for this summer as 15MY. Everything got delayed. SVT was pushed to early 16MY and last year brought up to be late 15MY. It is all late 15MY really. S550 convertible will not even be available at launch.

Remember development is in progress. Much can happen and things do change. That’s all I will say about this.
It sure would've been nice to have had the S550's ready to go by or shortly after April 17, 2014. How about you bring this suggestion back to the company..... seeing that '14 will go on for about 18 months, make the '15 extremely short so we can all benefit from the little upgrades and refreshes in the upcoming model years sooner rather than later :)

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
:ford:the following are words from MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS,may 2014: "....we are banking on a sick 5.2L coyote with a flat-plane crankshaft,revised heads,cams,and intake,that will be capable of over 520 naturally aspirated horsepower!..."
That's pretty AWESOME!

JackHoya

To be fair saying "capable of over 520 naturally aspirated horsepower" is a different question than whether they would tune it that way with a factory warranty.

5.2 sounds plausible to me since it has been repeated by enough sources (not just magazines and blogs) on the forums from people who know what they are talking about, that I believe it. However I would think a FPC would have been easily recognized in the videos and I haven't heard any of that yet. I will be surprised if that one turns out to be true.

HTownStang

So I know these pics were posted here a few days ago but R&T says in the article that the GT350 won't be shown next month. I figure someone on here might know.

One thing we've been told not to expect in New York: the Shelby GT350. We originally heard over a year ago that it was NYC-bound, but it seems that the 50th Anniversary celebration Ford has in store will focus on the car you see here, plus the standard lineup that made its debut back in December. The tire-shredding next-gen SVT Mustang will be unveiled at some later date.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futu...anniversary-edition-spied-testing-in-michigan
That would suck.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I would not bet on it. There are many reasons why Ford may choose to wait.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I would not bet on it. There are many reasons why Ford may choose to wait.
There is enough news with the Anniversary Edition along with all the other specs and stats regarding the V6/Eco/V8...finally get to see all three...maybe launch Build and Price on line...or books may open early ( to gauge customer orders).

But....I would love a tease or two...the z/28 will be getting a lot of press these next few weeks.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Agreed. There will be more than enough to keep Mustang fans happy.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There is enough news with the Anniversary Edition along with all the other specs and stats regarding the V6/Eco/V8...finally get to see all three...maybe launch Build and Price on line...or books may open early ( to gauge customer orders).

But....I would love a tease or two...the z/28 will be getting a lot of press these next few weeks.

Other than a few photos of what people are assuming is the 50th Anniversary Mustang, what news is out there about it?

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Other than a few photos of what people are assuming is the 50th Anniversary Mustang, what news is out there about it?
I think the point was that there will be news about it at the NY auto show. Along with probably the entire model lineup and a 50th anniversary edition and hopefully ALL specs and pricing/order info. That seems more than enough for one day.

Of course I won't complain if they show or tease the GT350 :gossip:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Agreed. There will be more than enough to keep Mustang fans happy.
News about the GT350 would make it even better. Sorry but the 50th Anniversary edition is of no interest to me.
Sponsored