Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT versus 2014 Camaro SS

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Thanks for posting, John. :thumbsup:

Didn't realize you had done a comparison already, but here's one we were planning to post today. Merged the threads -- see first post. Very similar ideas!
Nice update JarStang.
It is nice to be able to compare the cars when you are looking at similar pictures. I'm sure we will be getting a few more great pictures of the S550 to be able to put up against the Camaro.
Sponsored

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
The relation of the headlamps to the grill on the Camaro is better. It has better symmetry and better design language overall while the Mustang is just bad symmetry. The Mustang's headlamps do not work with the grill design or the grill does not work with the headlamps, however you want to look at it. Either way the two clash and look out of sorts. However, the lower portion of the Mustang front end is a much better design than the lower portion of the Camaro front end.

GTsquid

The relation of the headlamps to the grill on the Camaro is better. It has better symmetry and better design language overall while the Mustang is just bad symmetry. The Mustang's headlamps do not work with the grill design or the grill does not work with the headlamps, however you want to look at it. Either way the two clash and look out of sorts. However, the lower portion of the Mustang front end is a much better design than the lower portion of the Camaro front end.
Hah yea ok whatever "better design language overall" means. "However you want to look at it" that's called your opinion. I disagree completely. The Camaro's front end is a squinty smiley mess. How's that?

T-5 killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Cobra
Every time I see a 5th gen Camaro interior I am in awe that GM allowed such a mess to hit the market.

Sponsored

Brew_WY

Threads
Reaction score
I can honestly say that the Camaro refresh did itself no favors. The tail lights are terrible now and the front end looks awfully squinty.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus

Wow, could not disagree more. The grille and headlight combination on the 5 gen refresh looks compressed and squinty on what is otherwise a very large and squarish front end.

I think the Mustang's front end works quite well. It's modern and sleek, with a nice shape and creases. Very European. The Camaro looks like a square with a slit cut out of it.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Hah yea ok whatever "better design language overall" means. "However you want to look at it" that's called your opinion. I disagree completely. The Camaro's front end is a squinty smiley mess. How's that?
When it comes to how a car looks it's always just based on opinion. That's widely understood. Some people think the Fiat 500 looks good.

T-5 killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Cobra
HA HA.......that Etch-A-Sketch radio is the worst I've ever seen in a car.
LOL thanks thatis where I saw that before and honestly the gauge hood pod thing while being retro looks like an afterthought and doesn't match the rest of the dash.

I can honestly say that the Camaro refresh did itself no favors. The tail lights are terrible now and the front end looks awfully squinty.

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Actually more like the Integra lights. :-)
integra.jpg

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Guess that's one good thing about the Mustang, no one can say that it's rear lights look like anything else but Mustang. Now the front, that's another subject.
I'm glad the went with tri-bar.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
If only the Camaro was as light as these Honduhs...