Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT considering GT500 axle backs

Jamesdent87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I've read and seen a video where a 2016 mustang swapped on the GT500 axle backs and it sounded great. They also deleted the resonators and added an Hpipe. Thoughts on this? I want a throatier sound but don't want any drone. I appreciate any input/advice. Thanks.
Sponsored

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You won't get any drone with those at all. It isn't the loudest setup but it has a great tone and is vocal enough to satisfy most. Plus it's cheaper than most catbacks.

OP
OP

Jamesdent87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Awesome! Do you know which Hpipe or x-pipe I should go with? Also, when I called and asked American muscle about using those mufflers they said I couldn't use them. Then they said to go with borla or corsa and so I figured they worked off commission since those are expensive setups. Does changing the mid pipe affect the warranty? Thanks Xavier.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Do you know which Hpipe or x-pipe I should go with? Also, when I called and asked American muscle about using those mufflers they said I couldn't use them. Then they said to go with borla or corsa and so I figured they worked off commission since those are expensive setups. Does changing the mid pipe affect the warranty? Thanks Xavier.
They're not a direct fit, which is the primary reason AM would tell you that you couldn't use them. A decent muffler shop can bend the hangers and make the needed cuts and welds to fit them.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is my GT with Lethal X Pipe and GT500 axleback

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jamesdent87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That sounds amazing. I am definitely going for that setup. I found the axle back mufflers on brothers and will look for the x pipe.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
wish I had seen this before buying my S-type, Im happy with them but damn, the GT500's sound nice

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I have the GT500 AB's on my Coyote ('14 GT) with off-road H-pipe. Absolutely no drone (this is my daily driver) and it's the perfect deep tone and pretty loud. Took me a few tries to find the right exhaust, and this is definitely the right one!

Sponsored

thewoodscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Base
I've had them on for a while now and absolutely love the sound. I've received a ton of compliments on the sound...Also these mufflers allow the burbles and crackles on deceleration/down shifting to shine. I find myself down shifting pretty much every chance I get in order to hear it.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I just had this setup done on a convertible with the MRT H-pipe. It sounds great! Sounds very "Mustangy" if that makes sense. Has a deep tone. At times it sounds like the Foxbody exhausts. And even say it sounds SN95's or even almost like a Terminator Cobra, but maybe not as aggressive. I think a company should design an exhaust system that bolts right up using the exact muffler design, maybe even Ford.

Oxfordbp

2016 Mustang GT/ CS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Cali Special
I just bought the Gt500's for 150. Can't wait to have them installed!

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550