Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Is guard a blue green or a blue grey?
Neither from what I can tell. Looks Gray/with a hint of dark green. Unless it is in bright light it is going to look metallic gray. In bright light you will detect the dark green tones.

… on second view its more like a gray(gunmetal)/dark forest green split. 50% gunmetal gray 50% dark forest green. At least to my eyes. Watch the video above, its one of those colors she is referring to as being "sophisticated". (I read that as plain) In other words you could see that color on a BMW, Jaguar or Aston Martin. If you don't like to be outgoing in your color choice it would be reserved yet not be a total gray color. Feels British if you ask me. ;)

NRMStand

I suspect the problem is that Guard is like the old Mystichrome last seen in the 04 Cobra. It changes colors and some of the pictures fluctuate from very dark green to looking just like the more grayish Magnetic color. Even the pics OP posted look different from one to the next. From the australian reveal Guard looks much greener than it shows in some pics.

2004-Ford-SVT-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-Mystichrome-1.jpg

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I suspect the problem is that Guard is like the old Mystichrome last seen in the 04 Cobra. It changes colors and some of the pictures fluctuate from very dark green to looking just like the more grayish Magnetic color. Even the pics OP posted look different from one to the next. From the australian reveal Guard looks much greener than it shows in some pics.

I still like the Guard,,,,,the lave red on the 12 was a color like this i am guessing? I only saw one lave red 12 but i liked it

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.

I think the reason it may look color shifting is that there was some strange blue-purple light shining down on those models that the person was taking the cell phone pics of. From another angle it does almost look dark forest green metallic with a hint of gunmetal gray. Very subtle. I know some people are into those subtleties. Wish there was a nice bright emerald green metallic to go along with it. :)

Bringing back Mystichrome would be cool though. :)

Sponsored

NRMStand

I'm sure lighting has something to do with it but without the color shifting properties it wouldn't look that different. At this point I've seen a few different sets of pics that look like they are completely different colors for Guard. The only ones I can definitively say are it are the ones that it shows up more dark green. In any event I think this is gonna be one really popular color and can't wait to see it in person.

I'm a little surprised they didn't bring back Guardsman Blue but it's possible that's beings saved for the GT350?

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
If it comes out in Guardsman blue I am trading my kona blue 11 GT for one.....its my wifes DD but she will understand

Thunderbuck

Threads
Reaction score
My favorite of the current colors is Sterling Grey. I could go for either Guard or Magnetic on the new palette.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
My excite for the Tripple Yellow is off the charts! :clap2:

Sponsored

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
I thought it was determined that the Aussie reveal car was Magnetic, not Guard.

Guard is VERY green. I'm really looking forward to seeing one on the real car.

GustavoSimoes

Threads
Reaction score
How is the magnetic color ? I cant see the real diference between magnetic and guard on the pictures

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
from MM&FF
colors.jpg

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Wow, nice find, Topnotch. Magnetic almost looks like platinum in that shot. Can't wait to see these colors in person.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The Triple Yellow looks good in that shot :love:
Sponsored