Sponsored

2015 GT driver door latch

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
So the driver side door latch has decided to not function . I live in Dubai and no one of the spare parts dealers here are stocking spares for latch motors. Can you guys advise me a website where I can get the part shipped to Dubai asap?
Also if you guys can help me with the part number that will be helpful.

Much appreciated
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There was actually a recall for the early S550’s where the concern was the door latches. It’s a safety recall and should have been taken to Ford Dealer to have addressed (at no charge).

If you have a local Ford Dealer they should be able to fix it for you. You can go on the Ford website and plug your VIN number in to see your recalls, the Ford ETIS website and I believe the U.S. NHTSA website too.

Did you buy the car new or used? If new, Ford should have sent a letter to you at some point addressing the recall. If used, plug the VIN and take to dealer since it does not seem like it was addressed.

EDIT:
Here’s the door latch thread from a bit ago:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/door-latch-recall.83364/

OP
OP
iffiamj

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
Great! Yes checked the website and sadly there was a recall for my car. The downside is the car was imported from Mexico, and local dealers in Dubai don’t give a rats ass if you have an imported car. I want to get this part replaced, can u point me to the direction of a website that can ship the part to me ?
Sponsored