2015 GT - 9.90 at 147mph 1/4 and 205 one mile - Boost Works Twin Turbo

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
I want to go TT but from what I hear the under hood heat is outrageous and takes its toll on electrical parts ect, are you factoring this in your kit?
Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
While I am looking forward to seeing the results, I do have a question for you FATHERFORD....

How old are you?

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
I want to go TT but from what I hear the under hood heat is outrageous and takes its toll on electrical parts ect, are you factoring this in your kit?
If they spend some money on turbo blankets, jet coating and stuff like that, they can keep heat under control. You can wrap some the electrical lines too with heat wrap (like they use on headers).

It only adds to the cost, but if you want something that works efficiently, then sometimes you have to pay.

Making the hood louvers/vents functional might help too. It would allow some of the heat out of the compartment instead of keeping it contained like an oven would.

Just my thoughts :cheers:

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's funny how everyone is getting on my case on the hellion thing... As anyone that has installed one can tell you all the problems with the S197 coyote system. When you call and ask about the problem all you get from tech support is "uhm er I dunno guess you have to modify it." or "Errr ummm a magnet sticks to our stainless?" In any case knowing what I know now, I would have bought the on3 kit for half the price and still do most of the same modifications to make it work that I did for the Hellion.

The 15 hellion system is essentially a single system. Passanger side loops around behind/under the engine, goes into a log manifold, y-s off from that log manifold to the two turbos, then the exhaust of the two turbo's y's back into one pipe and goes UNDER the k-member. I understand they did this to through it together, to be the first to say they have a "twin turbo system," but the reality is that is not production and unacceptable. I am sure their 2015 system when released will resolve the issues.

As far as the material of the system on my 2014, the guy that helped me rough installed it was an actual metallurgist and professional welder. I work in the oil and gas field on offshore oil rigs and very familiar with Stainless Steel as well. It's cheap end stuff. Will it work? Yes... Will it rust over time? Yes(I have seen several kits first hand that have). The quality of material doesn't reflect the price. That is what upsets me.

I really have no desire to talk about their system anymore. Yall can blow it off, or do more research yourselves.

With that said another pic...

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
X3

Who's 'we', and if you 'started first', what's taking so long? Should customers expect a long wait as well?

I dealt w/ John at Hellion and found him very professional and helpful. The kit was expensive, but worth the money over what I would consider truly 'cheap' kits. Shipped the day after I placed my order, and wasn't missing any parts when received.
This is being done on the side while working on other customers cars. The major hickup is we were waiting for a K-member to come out as room is needed to escape the exhaust. Ended up buying a k-member from ford and giving it to a local chassis guy to jig up and make their own. Maybe when BMR or what not comes out, the system can be modified a bit to make work.

Once it is fully developed a jig will be made and can be built in short order.

Sponsored

gtmiller1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I don't want to detract from your thread anymore but will back you on the Hellion issues. And that is coming from personal experience on their single kit for the S197....and LOTS of time and money spent modifying it to try and make it perform even close to advertised potential...which never happened.

Like I said, just wanted to echo your experiences, if anyone has questions they can PM me so this thread stays on track.

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
It's funny how everyone is getting on my case on the hellion thing... As anyone that has installed one can tell you all the problems with the S197 coyote system. When you call and ask about the problem all you get from tech support is "uhm er I dunno guess you have to modify it." or "Errr ummm a magnet sticks to our stainless?" In any case knowing what I know now, I would have bought the on3 kit for half the price and still do most of the same modifications to make it work that I did for the Hellion.

The 15 hellion system is essentially a single system. Passanger side loops around behind/under the engine, goes into a log manifold, y-s off from that log manifold to the two turbos, then the exhaust of the two turbo's y's back into one pipe and goes UNDER the k-member. I understand they did this to through it together, to be the first to say they have a "twin turbo system," but the reality is that is not production and unacceptable. I am sure their 2015 system when released will resolve the issues.

As far as the material of the system on my 2014, the guy that helped me rough installed it was an actual metallurgist and professional welder. I work in the oil and gas field on offshore oil rigs and very familiar with Stainless Steel as well. It's cheap end stuff. Will it work? Yes... Will it rust over time? Yes(I have seen several kits first hand that have). The quality of material doesn't reflect the price. That is what upsets me.

I really have no desire to talk about their system anymore. Yall can blow it off, or do more research yourselves.

With that said another pic...
That sure is Pretty! Nice job and Thanks for sharing the pictures! :cheers:

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Forgot to mention my new wheels should be in next week. True Forged 20x9.5 and 20x11.5 chicanes in matte bronze. There is an easy way to modify the rear shock bracket to give you the added room to run 345's

Although I did this back when I bought the car in October... I guess everyone else has caught on.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well ordered my 335/30/20 pilot sports, and 275/35/20 pilot sports. Wheels and tires should be in next week.

I can't decide one what I want to do suspension wise. I have a set of SVE drop springs, but really want to swap out sway bars etc.

Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Fantastic workmanship! Cannot wait to hear and see performance.

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Well ordered my 335/30/20 pilot sports, and 275/35/20 pilot sports. Wheels and tires should be in next week.

I can't decide one what I want to do suspension wise. I have a set of SVE drop springs, but really want to swap out sway bars etc.

Just a piece of advice, get some Nitto's or Toyo's instead of the Pilot Sports. I had the same tire (size and type) on my old C5 and with 605 to the wheels, it would lay rubber down from 50 mph.

I got a little aggressive on the gas one time while taking my wife for a ride in the car, and it did a 360 in the middle of the road. Luckily, there was no traffic, but I ordered different tires when we got home (Nitto's..... and they worked good enough to run 10.52 at 131 mph at the track and wore out a couple of C6 Z06's in Mexico ;)). Needless to say, I ruined a perfectly good pair of drawers too! :D

Chances are that your car will have the capability of putting out more power than that, so I'm just trying to give you a heads up.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your build though! It looks like it's going to be one SICK ride! :cheers:

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just a piece of advice, get some Nitto's or Toyo's instead of the Pilot Sports. I had the same tire (size and type) on my old C5 and with 605 to the wheels, it would lay rubber down from 50 mph.

I got a little aggressive on the gas one time while taking my wife for a ride in the car, and it did a 360 in the middle of the road. Luckily, there was no traffic, but I ordered different tires when we got home (Nitto's..... and they worked good enough to run 10.52 at 131 mph at the track and wore out a couple of C6 Z06's in Mexico ;)). Needless to say, I ruined a perfectly good pair of drawers too! :D

Chances are that your car will have the capability of putting out more power than that, so I'm just trying to give you a heads up.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your build though! It looks like it's going to be one SICK ride! :cheers:
Just FYI, to anyone, this isn't my first rodeo with powerful cars. I currently own a full bolt on 97 Viper with a 250 pill, 500rwhp f-150, had several fox bodies with over well over 450rwhp, built big block f150, etc. Not to mention my 2014 Mustang GT with over 1300rwhp....

My choice of tires is due to this being a car my wife will drive on occasions(This will be my daily driver). We are putting a 3lb spring in for "low" boost situations and daily driving. I also can control boost by gear so my 1st and 2nd gear I can keep low then by third ramp it up some if I so desire. When I track the car(which will happen on occasion) I'll put on some widened 18's and run an e/t street radial or what not.

In summery, these tires should be good between low boost and traction control for my wife when she drives the car, even in the rain.

Just curious, on your vette did you have the regular pilot sports? or the ZP run flats? Cause I've had the run flats on my viper and they were like skating on ice.

OP
OP

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored