Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang sleeker, quieter even with soft top

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I say get rid of the plastic fog unit altogether for even better airflow. It's an eyesore to begin with.
I'm not sure that would be a good idea. I feel it would allow too much airflow into the wheel well and not steer it around the wheels, creating turbulence. Keeping the opening small and vertical speeds the airflow and creates things like venturis and air-knife effects. Things they know much more about than I.
Like it or hate it, the fog light area is stuck in there for a reason.
Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I'm not sure that would be a good idea. I feel it would allow too much airflow into the wheel well and not steer it around the wheels, creating turbulence. Keeping the opening small and vertical speeds the airflow and creates things like venturis and air-knife effects. Things they know much more about than I.
Like it or hate it, the fog light area is stuck in there for a reason.
Exactly. I think I'll trust Ford's CFD development on this one.

jagerx9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5
I say get rid of the plastic fog unit altogether for even better airflow. It's an eyesore to begin with.
Yep. If it isn't already there, I would add (or widen) the brake ducting using space from the fog light.

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
very interesting indeed seeing how the car design is linked so closely with the the detailed wind testing. Now I know why the corners of the lower bumper area are designed the way they are. Also, love how quick the Vert top goes up & down and has only 1 interior latch, my 2008 has 1 at each end.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
No, its because they were busy waving the white flag for the frenchie eurosnobs and want it to look like a hyundai/accord. :headbonk:

Sponsored

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
Haha dont u just love how anytime an american car gets some curves and loses the "muscular" box on wheels look it becomes eurofied/asiafied in the eyes of some internet trolls (not on this forum)?

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
I think the lower wider stance, coke bottle and flares/hips make it look much MORE muscular.
Some people obviously spent their childhoods trying to pound square pegs into round holes.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Coke bottle shape? First time I saw that was mid 60s Corvettes and GTOs. Very Euro/Asian inspired.
Sponsored