Sponsored

2015 5.0 Whipple Supercharger on Ford Racing Facebook

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Taneras;33922 said:
On the bright side, having no s/c whine does confuse people. You're throwing down 550-600 or more rwhp and it sounds like all motor. They'll never know what hit them!
That one thing I love. I'm making 585 rwhp through gt500 mufflers, rest is bone stock. Makes a many a "should be faster cars" ask "Wtf" at the next light. Plus, I. Guess I'm. Getting older and the loud as hell daily driver isn't my cup of tea aby longer. When I wanna be loud and draw attention, I've got a Shelby cobra replica that should be finished up in next 3ish months for that. Then will be a blown coyote 33 or rats glass speedstar after that for the ego days haha
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The package fits...
"That's what she said..." :p Sorry, a bit juvenile, but couldn't resist.

If the GT350 turns out to be too far out of reach for me, I will seriously consider having one of these dealer installed when I purchase a GT. Wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. ;)

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
"That's what she said..." :p Sorry, a bit juvenile, but couldn't resist.

If the GT350 turns out to be too far out of reach for me, I will seriously consider having one of these dealer installed when I purchase a GT. Wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. ;)
Haha

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Whipple SC info

Found on instagram:

whipple.jpg

JUST RELEASED - Whipple Superchargers sent over a few teaser photos of their 2015 Ford Mustang Supercharger System!

The All-New #Whipple #Supercharger System features the industry leading front feed 2.9L Whipple twin-screw compressor, which significantly outflows the older style rear feed based superchargers. With as much as 280 additional ponies at the touch of the throttle, the new Whipple system will certainly be setting the industry standard. -

The Whipple W175FFAX Twin-Screw Supercharger System reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy.

The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold, and an oversized intercooler reservoir. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply delivers more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today!

------------------------ -An estimated 700HP with 91-octane fuel

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
700hp-280hp= 420hp
Key word: "estimated" ;)

I'm sure they don't know the final HP specs for the motor either, so they have to be conservative and estimate based on the current figures.

EDIT: even if they do know the final specs, I'm sure they're under NDA and have to be careful not to say anything that might reveal that information.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
More info and better pics from Whipple:

2015 whipple sc.jpg

2015 whipple sc2.jpg

Always on the cutting edge of technology, Whipple Superchargers wants to share a few teaser pics of the CAD images of what’s coming for the 2015 5.0L Coyote-based applications (such as the Ford Mustang & F150).

The All-New Whipple Supercharger System features the industry leading front feed 2.9L Whipple twin-screw compressor, which significantly outflows the older style rear feed based superchargers. With as much as 280 additional ponies at the touch of the throttle, the new Whipple system will certainly be setting the industry standard.

The Whipple W175FFAX Twin-Screw Supercharger System reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold, and an oversized intercooler reservoir. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply delivers more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today!

• An estimated 700HP with 91-octane fuel
  • No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box, more HP per PSI than any other system
  • Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
  • 26% more displacement then Eaton 2.3L supercharger
  • Integrated Crusher™ 170mm oval inlet
  • Integrated Crusher™ 170mm oval inlet
  • Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler with 15% more square area then previous generation
  • Massive aluminum intercooler reservoir holds more than double the IC water then previous generation
  • Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
  • Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
  • One-turn turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends
  • Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
  • Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
  • Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
  • More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
  • Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
  • Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
  • 65lb/hr high flow fuel injectors included
  • Proven 6-rib belt system with adjustable idler system for easy belt changes and multiple pulley configurations
  • Optional race 10-rib belt system
  • Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
  • OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
  • Complete kits, Tuner kits and Hot Rod kits are available
  • Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
  • Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies
  • Optional 5-year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty

Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
UPDATED March 26, 2014: Added details Whipple has sent to Mustang6G:
Excellent! But a 6-rib belt is worthless, it will slip and fray pretty quickly. An 8-rib should be standard. I've fought that problem on several cars. And the supercharger belt should be separate from the other belt in case it does break.
This is a lot of boost for these weak internals... and of course the base engine is already over the torque capacity of the POS MT82 transmission. This won't help... the transmission will be headed towards an early grave. Even with the current car, a TR6060 transplant is all that will work in the long term with this kind of power.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This is a lot of boost for these weak internals... and of course the base engine is already over the torque capacity of the POS MT82 transmission. This won't help... the transmission will be headed towards an early grave. Even with the current car, a TR6060 transplant is all that will work in the long term with this kind of power.
Wrong on two counts:
Unless you are a Koenigsegg owner the factory Coyote internals hold great power often putting 600-700hp to the wheels. The new Coyote now has the Boss's connecting rods so figure 700hp+ to the wheels. The pistons are still unknown however.

Second, I've already corrected your false assumption on the MT-82's torque capacity once. Unless you are towing a 10,000lb trailer behind your Mustang the stock torque output won't come close to the transmission's capacity. If you really want to take the transmission manufacturer's torque ratings as gospel, then the Getrag MT-82's capacity is twice that of the Camaro's T6060.

Crazyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old beat up and thankfully running strong
Looks promising as they have done R&D in advance of the new motor's debut in the S550

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Looks promising as they have done R&D in advance of the new motor's debut in the S550

It probably helped that it is basically the same engine as the previous generation.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
For those who know, whats this statement talking about? Air-bypass specifically.

"Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy"
Sponsored