Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Something not adding up here. The post above was for the install.

I also got my PP2 for about $570 which I'm thinking about selling.

Dealer Install PP2 ..................................... $1660.75
Buy PP2 from Ford No Install ...................... $949.00
Buy PP2 from American Muscle no Install ...... $795.00
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Dealer Install PP2 ..................................... $1660.75
Buy PP2 from Ford No Install ...................... $949.00
Buy PP2 from American Muscle no Install ...... $795.00
Right, that makes more sense but crazy expensive for the install.

As stated earlier, Bay Area FORD dealerships are asking $500-$600 for JUST the install of PP2. Smaller tuning shops are asking $250-$300.

I bought my PP2 on a pre-buy for $570. $949 seems a bit much but it is what it is I guess.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Some cars with cable throttle body had hanging throttle. I had 04 Mach 1 most complained about it mine didn't really do it.

Damn it's good thing I'm ASE master tech

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Not sure if this has been posted in this thread but ...

Just got Dealer Quotes for a full Install on Performance Packs 1,2 and 3

Performance Pack 1 $943.25
Performance Pack 2 $1660.75
Performance Pack 3 $4,191.25

For comparison you can get these for ....

Performance Pack 1 $499.00
Performance Pack 2 $799.00
Performance Pack 3 $1999.00

Discuss :thumbsup:
Where in NY?

Sponsored

LawsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
So here are the issues I have seen reported:
5) Neck Breaking when Decelling -try this trick, if you are under hard accell (in the power band) and immediately let off the pedal then try using the clutch next time
Sure and that's what I usually do in the situation but my post was trying to appeal to the people in all driving situations. Just pressing in the clutch isn't always an option especially for track guys i'm sure. All the bad things I've had issues with can be avoided with the exception of rev hang which you just have to deal with apparently until the car is warmed up a bit. I wasn't trying to sound like a millenial complaining out every small thing. Just want everyone to know what they can expect even in unordinary driving situations.

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
Never drove anything with a cable throttle, eh? :thumbsup:
Yeah, I learned on cable throttles, smartie. So we're justifying the PP2 driveability issues on 2015, 2016, & 2017 Mustangs by comparing them to cable throttle vehicles? :doh:

A few too many folks in this thread seem to be getting bent out of shape because a small percentage of us don't want to shell out our money for the PP2, which can't be returned if we're not happy with it, and can't have the tune adjusted, like a custom tune can be until the vehicle runs the way we want. Wow. :frusty:

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There was trick that putting ground wire on throttle body some time back that Focus guys were doing. I have 2 friends that did this to their 06 and 07 GT's they swear it made hugh difference

Last edited:

LawsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP

There ya go guys. Track conditions were crap for everyone but there's a video of a 1/4 mile pass with the PP2 installed. Used NLS for all shifts excluding 1-2 due to traction issues. I'm not pro driver or videographer so take it easy on the feedback haha.
This was my 3rd best pass of the night but my fav race for comparison reasons. Best pass of the night was a 13.436 @ 110.28. Our track is notorious for slow times and the traction is even worse on nights there's no grudge races or small tire classes running. That's about .2 better than before PP2. I can't complain too much

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So we're justifying the PP2 driveability issues on 2015, 2016, & 2017 Mustangs by comparing them to cable throttle vehicles?
Well, yeah. Do you want the electronics to simulate direct user control over the inputs or do you want the electronics to take suggestions from the user while doing what was coded?

I mean, cable throttle or drive-by-wire, I want all of the engine braking I can get when I take my foot completely off of the pedal. The S550 with PP2 is pretty good, but i know the butterfly valve is being held open to avoid rich conditions that port injection would cause. In the case of carburetors, stop airflow past the Venturi and you stop fuel, too.

I'm just saying you can't complain about both rev-hang and too aggressive engine braking.

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I really dont understand how pp2 is messed up for a few people only. Shame really because PP2 is really good on my auto.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
On a vacuum accuated carb, throttle open and close is slow and results in rev hand and slow on engine braking. On a direct mechanical carb slide it opens and will close fast. The pp2 is more in line with the direct connection and you need to fether the throttle to get the best results, in some cases the clutch is required. From what I have experienced so far it is also related to the learn process which seems to be dynamic rather static.

On the perf pack install costs, I would say that is product cost rather than install cost.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert

There ya go guys. Track conditions were crap for everyone but there's a video of a 1/4 mile pass with the PP2 installed. Used NLS for all shifts excluding 1-2 due to traction issues. I'm not pro driver or videographer so take it easy on the feedback haha.
This was my 3rd best pass of the night but my fav race for comparison reasons. Best pass of the night was a 13.436 @ 110.28. Our track is notorious for slow times and the traction is even worse on nights there's no grudge races or small tire classes running. That's about .2 better than before PP2. I can't complain too much
Thanks for posting, sounds nice!:

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
After seeing those install prices I'm incredibly nervous about going to my local dealer and getting a quote, lol. I was originally interested in the PP3 but $4k including install? I'd save up a little more and go supercharged...

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
On a vacuum accuated carb, throttle open and close is slow and results in rev hand and slow on engine braking. On a direct mechanical carb slide it opens and will close fast. The pp2 is more in line with the direct connection and you need to fether the throttle to get the best results, in some cases the clutch is required. From what I have experienced so far it is also related to the learn process which seems to be dynamic rather static.

On the perf pack install costs, I would say that is product cost rather than install cost.
Dude - stop trying to justify this crappy tune. Rev hang and inconsistent engine braking are GARBAGE and counterproductive to any sort of precision driving. Frankly, the rev hang sounds dangerous.

Oh, and the stock tune DOES rev hang. It does it when warm. It never goes away. You're just not very aware of what your car is doing.... obvious by your downplaying of the PP2's issues.

And really? Your suggestion to avoiding the crappy decal is to push the clutch in? So, I'm attacking a canyon run, left foot braced against dead pedal and you want me to push the clutch in every time I lift off the throttle? That's flawed in so many ways it must be a joke. You cannot be taken seriously.
Sponsored