Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Is that all that was around it? That thin ass piece of small cell bubble wrap? If so, shame on ANY vendor/entity that ships like that...ESPECIALLY knowing full well how the various shippers "care" for the products we order and, in most cases, have had this happen on more than one occasion and had to refund or send another unit...in other words vendors...GET A FUCK|NG CLUE!!!!
All these damaged units is precisely why I haven't pulled the trigger on this.
they had it wrapped in this paper, which pretty much does nothing
VTAtT3Sl.jpg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's how mine was packaged too. I was surprised it made it in good shape but it looks like UPS was more careful with my box. Only one side of it was smashed in.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
It's truly pathetic and downright lazy of them to pack like that.

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just heated right now, the box had a rip along a seam but didn't look bad. When you have studs sticking out on whatever you're shipping, what the hell is bubble wrap and paper going to do to reinforce them?!? We'll see how long this will take to resolve, the wait continues

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sent the vendor an email earlier with photos and just got their response. They're emailing me a return slip to send the broken manifold back and are shipping a new one next day air when they get it ordered. The packaging they did is shit, but I'm thankful for their professionalism with handling the situation without issue

Sponsored

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
Where is everyone ordering from who’s received one that’s damaged? Mine is set to arrive Tuesday from Koon’s and I’m pretty much convinced it’s also gonna be smashed :/

Are they all being packaged the same way??

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
well add me to the damaged list:mad:

ub5sCpkl.jpg

ftl0KdDl.jpg
This is how essentially mine is as well, one broken stud, expect other side. Dunno why not too upset about it, maybe I was expecting it. Probably be more upset if it was a GT350 manifold, or something more pricier. Thinking I may just pick up some of the JB weld plastic bonder and give that a try.:shrug:

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine was from Koon's. They told me on the phone that they inspect every package before shipping it to the customer and add extra padding. My packaging looks just like just_a_5.0's so I'm guessing his was from Koon's or they don't actually do anything extra.
I asked them if they could just send a new actuator since that's all I need but they said I have to ship the entire thing back and get a new one, which will probably get broken as well.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
There should be a list started of the vendors who have packed poorly and the one's that packed properly to ensure no damage.

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when I got my gt350 manifold from a different source, it was shipped in a foam casing which was pretty much molded to it's shape, that's what I expected here not some bubble wrap. Oh well, i'm not as upset now that I know it will be taken care of with no hassle to go along with it. I'm getting my mind off of it, time for some beers and some music:cheers:

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I got mine from koons, it was packed the same way with a little bubble wrap around the manifold and then packing paper on all sides no damage to the manifold or the imrc.

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
Mine was from koons and it was flawless. I took it in hand from the UPS guy, but the packing was skimpy. Draw your own conclusions cause who knows!

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
So, having mine in hand gave me the chance to really look at the pin connectors (the male pins) that are on the imrc.

Someone who has done it, or with Better knowledge than I, please let me ask— it doesn’t look impossible to modify the existing female pigtail from the harness by pulling the actual connector (the black base) from the gray locking piece and using that to directly connect to the male pins. Am I wildly off base here? If I am, it seems that the local electronics store would have a matching size piece.

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine was from Koon's. They told me on the phone that they inspect every package before shipping it to the customer and add extra padding. My packaging looks just like just_a_5.0's so I'm guessing his was from Koon's or they don't actually do anything extra.
I asked them if they could just send a new actuator since that's all I need but they said I have to ship the entire thing back and get a new one, which will probably get broken as well.
Which actuator is damaged on yours? I bought a full set to replace mine but the one with the plug on top is still in perfect condition.

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Which actuator is damaged on yours? I bought a full set to replace mine but the one with the plug on top is still in perfect condition.
The vertical one just has slight damage to the plug but will still work. The horizontal one is toast.
Sponsored