'17 V6 with performance pack floating issue

Dwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 with Street Pack
I have a '17 V6 with performance pack and Steeda rear subframe brace installed. Above 40 on the highway it tends to "float" and almost seems to swerve in the rear. The feeling is almost like you would expect if you were to quickly move the wheel back and forth slightly. I don't think it's road related as it seems to do it regardless of road type. I did read a thread that suggested it might be air pressure related but I ran higher rear tire pressure with no change. It's all brand new stuff installed right before I got it. Only 3K on the car. I wonder if it could be alignment related.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Since when did '17 V6 come with 'performance pack'? You mean the 'power pack' for the engine tune?

Your dampers weren't very good from the factory and if you don't know what your alignment is, get it done. And check all axle nuts. 3000 miles on ODO meaning nothing aside from 3000 miles on the ODO. Correct assembly is in no way assured.

OP
OP

Dwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 with Street Pack
Street pack kit was installed by previous owner. I do have the alignment printout when it was installed. It looks like it was aligned using the non performance pack settings (as you would expect) since it didn't come with that. I noticed that the alignment specs are different.
Sponsored