Sponsored

16 GT/PP w/ Silver Wheels

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I see that a silver version of the black Performance Pack wheels are now available, but I have yet to see any with this option. Does anyone have any photos of a car equipped that way?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I like the silver wheels on the DIB and the new Lightning Blue for 2017. Silver/Chrome go well on those colors. Black is okay I suppose, but black pops on certain colors, like orange and of course black on black, or white car, black wheels.

OP
OP

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've just always felt that the black PP wheels are TOO black. They need a little bit of definition on them or they just kind of get lost in the wheel wells. Black wheel lip, black center cap, black brake calipers and course black tires. Maybe if they machined the wheel lip or something, it'd have broken up all of the black.

As such, I like the silver option a lot better.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Here's mine

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I like that they get lost in the wheel wells because the design is kind of busy, IMHO. In black, the design works. In silver, I would not be interested in them on any color.

But, that's me. If you like the silver wheels, get 'em. If you want more of a gun metal wheel, then I'd get the silver ones and have them painted/powdered or try plastidip.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Go to the main photo forum. Find the main thread for Ruby....down about 20 threads but on the main page. Next to the LAST page of that thread is a ruby coupe GT PP with both the silver "fade" factory ott stripes and the silver PP wheels. Working off a phone so pasting a direct link not possible.

Last edited:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I like that they get lost in the wheel wells because the design is kind of busy, IMHO. In black, the design works. In silver, I would not be interested in them on any color.

But, that's me. If you like the silver wheels, get 'em. If you want more of a gun metal wheel, then I'd get the silver ones and have them painted/powdered or try plastidip.
My exact thoughts!...Has anyone plasti dipped or powder coated a dark color on their perfpack wheels?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
IMO black wheels look nice if you are within a few feet of the car but when you step back or try and photograph the car, you lose all the details of the wheel and they look just like big black saucers. Reminds me of a low end car with steel wheels missing it's hubcaps.

But obviously it's a trend right now and lots of people love black wheels. I can appreciate them but I opted for the nickel finish when I ordered my car
image.jpg

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I've just always felt that the black PP wheels are TOO black. They need a little bit of definition on them or they just kind of get lost in the wheel wells. Black wheel lip, black center cap, black brake calipers and course black tires. Maybe if they machined the wheel lip or something, it'd have broken up all of the black.

As such, I like the silver option a lot better.
Problem with most black wheels. Especially glossy ones. Unless the ones with big openings.

ThomasL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT
Those silver PP wheels look great. Don't see em often.

smav03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT; 400a, PP, MT
I see that a silver version of the black Performance Pack wheels are now available, but I have yet to see any with this option. Does anyone have any photos of a car equipped that way?
Just thought I'd chime in with a picture of a black car with the nickel wheels. they're not shiny like chrome wheels. it's a nice finish when they're clean.
2016 profile re-size.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yep, said it before and I'll say it again, if they would have been available for '15 I probably would have ordered an Ingot Silver with them.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Glad some members like them in silver. I could just never picture them on my black gt pp. I think the colors would clash. Now maybe a dark gunmetal would do it for me. Even considered having mine powder coated that color but then I realized how heavy they are in stock form.I guess black was always acceptable to me because the wheel seems styled after the Lamborghini aventador wheel.
Sponsored