Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Wow the Camaro team came to play, for real! From the looks of things so far and from my point of view, Ford does not make a Mustang trim to compete with the SS from an overall performance standpoint. If I'm looking for a Mustang/Camaro, I am not looking for refinement or space, like has been mentioned here.
Well you also represent a small percentage in overall sales of both vehicles, performance isn't everything and if your goal is all about performance then you would be modding anyways. And because the mustang has a larger aftermarket then I'd still buy the stang.:ford:
Sponsored

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
It was the same car on the same Dyno. He even admits it was wrong. Nobody has ever dynoed a stock GT even close to that. There have been 3 Dynos done on the SS, 405hp, 400hp, and 399hp. Pretty close to each other. The GT Dynos have been between 375-385hp. Really reaching now.
Dude, we know the clown car is faster. Ok, but it's not the better overall car. If you want bragging rights that your stock camaro is faster then a stock stang then so be it, most people here that want performance mod anyways, and I'll say it again aftermarket support is way larger for the ford folks. So in all, who gives a rats ass what these cars do stock.....:ford:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Dude, we know the clown car is faster. Ok, but it's not the better overall car. If you want bragging rights that your stock camaro is faster then a stock stang then so be it, most people here that want performance mod anyways, and I'll say it again aftermarket support is way larger for the ford folks. So in all, who gives a rats ass what these cars do stock.....:ford:
You know what they say about opinions.:cheers:

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Since the 2016's are out, how are they responding? A fully loaded coupe with mag ride and NPP with nav is less then $46000. You really think a vert is going to be $8000 To $10000 more. Now you really sound like thepill:crazy:
Yes a loaded 2ss vert will creep up there...I'm pretty sure the build and price is up. Not sure if the vert is an option yet though.

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
You know what they say about opinions.:cheers:
:cheers: yup everyone's got one, but I'm right that the mustang is a larger community thus they have more aftermarket options. Way more mustangs sold over time my friend and that's no opinion.:ford:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It was the same car on the same Dyno. He even admits it was wrong. Nobody has ever dynoed a stock GT even close to that. There have been 3 Dynos done on the SS, 405hp, 400hp, and 399hp. Pretty close to each other. The GT Dynos have been between 375-385hp. Really reaching now.
wrong...we have over 10 members here that have dynoed 390RWHP and over...

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
:cheers: yup everyone's got one, but I'm right that the mustang is a larger community thus they have more aftermarket options. Way more mustangs sold over time my friend and that's no opinion.:ford:
It's nice to have choices. I don't play follow the leader, I go with what puts the biggest smile on my face.:D

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
It's nice to have choices. I don't play follow the leader, I go with what puts the biggest smile on my face.:D
Haha, There's a reason why they're the leaders though ........and we are all followers of something.......I admit I bleed blue. But it is good to have choices and we can :cheers: to that. And I get plenty of smile action driving my old 2012 5.0.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
dont be stupid thats less then 10% drivetrain loss.
Pretty sure he's pointing fun of the guys carrying the 390 WHP "stock" Mustang GTs, which would be ~11% drivetrain loss versus that Camaro of ~10%. They have happy dynos or are in cold air, that's it.

Dynos should only be treated as tuning tools anyways.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.