Sponsored

15 gt pp vs. 15 camaro

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I thought this was about the regular Camaro SS vs. Mustang GT. I think they are close and it's a matter of taste.

Functionally the Mustang is easier to see out of. It's less expensive. I think the Coyote is a better motor - more enjoyable power delivery. The Camaro motor is more torquey, so I could understand someone liking it more, though.

The dual mode exhaust on Camaro is amazing. The greatest exhaust sound I've ever heard in a car.

The interior and radio on the Camaro are not very good.

I like the seats in the Camaro (1SS model) better. The Mustang's seats are too narrow and are bolstered too much for me.

I think the Mustang has a better shifter than the Camaro. The shifter throws are much longer and less precise on the Camaro.

The exterior on the Camaro looks better, but it is a simple style and I may end up liking the Mustang more over time. Any angle from the rear of the Mustang it looks great to me, but the front is not as good IMO. The Camaro is not as good looking from the rear.

I chose the Mustang mostly because it has a lot of small improvements over the previous year Mustang, plus at heart I'm a Ford guy. In the end I just enjoyed driving the car more.

Not sure about comparing a basic Mustang GT with PP to a ZL-1. The ZL-1 is much more expensive and to me the owner has bragging rights over the Mustang owner just because of all the technology in the car. I wouldn't buy one, but I say it's wishful thinking trying to say a Mustang GT PP is equivalent or competitive.
Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
If we're being fair lets throw a tune on the zl1.....
Yes, lets give the car that already costs ~23k more another leg up... Heck lets spot it 100ft too...

Bottom line: A GT with a few bolt-on's will give a stock ZL1 a run for its money. Good tires, tune and exhaust and its a drivers race - contrary to what you scoffed at earlier. You want to modify the ZL1, then yea its going to take even more. But we weren't talking about a modded ZL1, we were talking a stock one.

In its defense its not a strip car - much like the Z28. Still, though, something just doesn't translate here. The car is putting out power, a lot of it. Sure its heavy but again its power to weight ratio is respectable, and should be cranking out better trap speeds than it is imo. Guess the power band sucks for WOT?

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Dont worry we're not all living in delusion... Its just that one guy. Nobody in their right mind thinks a 5.0 is anywhere near a ZL1.
It's most of the people in this thread, actually. The 5.0's are only about .3-.4 seconds behind and 2-4 mph in the trap. You're telling me a few bolt-on's won't cover that gap? Tune, exhaust, and some tires and it's a drivers race.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
If we're being fair lets throw a tune on the zl1.....
I wouldn't mind racing a zl1 that had a tune with my mustang. Even with all of my modifications, my 2015 Mustang will still have a lower price point than that pig.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I gother the guys # so when I get the intake tune and exhaust I'll challenge him to a rematch
Make sure he's stock. You'd need more if he's done anything else.

The beauty of supercharged engines is its pretty easy to add more power. Tune and a pulley, which doesn't cost a lot, and he could get a serious power bump. So much that you'd want a supercharger as well or drop some serious $$$ into a naturally aspirated engine to keep up.

Also, what's the density altitude like where you live? That'll affect a naturally aspirated engine's performance more than a supercharged engine. Pretty sure I read a thread where one climate was so poor that a ecoboost mustang was close to a 5.0 performance wise. So keep that in mind too.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I wouldn't mind racing a zl1 that had a tune with my mustang. Even with all of my modifications, my 2015 Mustang will still have a lower price point than that pig.
After your WhippleSC install you will rape many, many cars. I assume you are going for around 640-650RWHP?

That car will run like a raped ape:lol::D

Very much looking forward to your build.

OP
OP
camnuts44

camnuts44

2015 Mustang GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp (black)
Dunno why everyone is so delusional in this thread. I had first hand experience with a zl1 and it pulled a couple car lengths on me. Stock for stock the zl1 is faster.... no need to be get defenaive and make up excuses... is what it is... still had fun and met a new friend that has a sick a $$ car

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
I look at it this way.
The ZL1 is not in the GTs class. The SS is.
For braggin rights stock for stock its a drivers race in the 1/4.

In the 1/4 stock for stock the ZL1 is quicker and faster. But it should be its in a higher class.

When you mod any car you can pretty much make any car as fast as your imagination and wallet allow.

Bang for the buck the Mustang is and always was an incredible bargain. The aftermarket is huge and with some well picked parts you can bring you car to whatever level you want. But it is now modded.

I think the ZL1 is a pretty cool car. But as with any car there are problems. Its biggest problem is its weight. But it has alot of stuff I love. Incredible suspension, blower, uniqueness, versatility. I wouldnt pick one over a GT500 but I still like and respect it.

N63tu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 550i
"It's a drivers race"...... Alright record than and post it here please.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
After your WhippleSC install you will rape many, many cars. I assume you are going for around 640-650RWHP?

That car will run like a raped ape:lol::D

Very much looking forward to your build.
Lol, it will rape my stock tires. I might push it to 700rwhp.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
FWIW an SS and GT is not a drivers race with equal drivers....by 3rd gear the GT is ahead and pulling harder.

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
In the 1/4 mile it is. A drivers race in the 1/4 is when 2 cars consistently run within a 1/10 or two. I've seen times for both cars go deep into the 12s bone stock for best times. And unless your a bracket racer type and always get the same time run after run, for most people racing it is a drivers race with these cars.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline