Sponsored

15-17 owners, what will make you trade for an '18?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Now that I've seen all the changes to the 2018, I still think the only way I'll give up my 2016 is if they make a Bullitt. I am starting to like the new styling and would love the active exhaust but that's it. Honestly I feel pretty indifferent about everything else. Also, it might sound dumb but I really like having the hood mounted turn signals so since the 2018s don't have them that's kind of a deal breaker as well. If I'm going to give those up and want an active exhaust I'd rather just have a Shelby.
just get the roush active. the app with the geofencing on it is sweet
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Not trading my 16 for the 18. I'll wait till the next generation comes out.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
The 18 is really tempting, but I've enjoyed doing mods on my 16.

I also think (incorrectly?) that the digital display will only be available in the premium trim, which I am unlikely to want to pay out for.

I will probably wait until the s650.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Nothing at this time. I bought my 2015 used and DIRT CHEAP. I literally got the ONLY option I really wanted (PP) and nothing else and I got it a couple grand under value so I couldnt pass it up. If it werent for that deal on that particular car Ide be hunting a 2013-2014 as I like the looks better and they are substantially cheaper. I like the new options coming out on the 2018 but the looks arent doing it for me at this time. I had the same opinion of the 2015-2017 and it grew on me so Im sure the 2018 will as well but itll have to come down in price considerably for me to trade over (meaning Ide trade for a 3 year old used one LOL).

Matt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
just get the roush active. the app with the geofencing on it is sweet
I'd love to have it, it's just a lot of work. I'd need the Roush rear valance, along with all the wiring that's involved to make the switch on the interior work, etc. I'm one of those weird people that actually likes the stock exhaust most of the time. Just would be nice to open it up when in the mood. I wouldn't spend 2k plus installation on it though. The one on the 2018s is appealing because all I'd have to do is check an option box (and it would probably be way less than 2k too).

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I'd love to have it, it's just a lot of work. I'd need the Roush rear valance, along with all the wiring that's involved to make the switch on the interior work, etc. I'm one of those weird people that actually likes the stock exhaust most of the time. Just would be nice to open it up when in the mood. I wouldn't spend 2k plus installation on it though. The one on the 2018s is appealing because all I'd have to do is check an option box (and it would probably be way less than 2k too).
It can be pretty rewarding to get under the car and install it yourself if you have the inclination.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It can be pretty rewarding to get under the car and install it yourself if you have the inclination.
I've installed catbacks before so that's not the main problem. It's the tearing off the rear bumper to install the roush valance and doing all the wiring for the interior switch.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
Ford does this EVERY time! Two years before the all NEW model they upgrade the existing car to keep interest up. All these people that rush out and buy a 2018 will feel like idiots when the pics and information for the 2020 are revealed. I will stick with my blown 2016.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I've installed catbacks before so that's not the main problem. It's the tearing off the rear bumper to install the roush valance and doing all the wiring for the interior switch.
it's not bad! valance comes off easily as long as you pay attention to the tabs. the wiring is just running the wire to the knob inside. you can do it! it'll be cheaper than a whole other car.

i wished corsa had an active system... i'd have headers for sure then.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
A GT350 or GT500 with a significant performance improvement over my current GT350. Right now it looks like that won't be the case for 2018, but maybe 2019.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Winning lottery numbers

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Not trading my 16 for the 18. I'll wait till the next generation comes out.
Same here. My 2016 just turned 11,000 miles so there really isn't enough of a difference for me to sell mine and buy a new one. Especially since I've put about $5,000 into my 2016. I'm waiting.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Nothing. Only thing I really like is the quad exhaust and it looks it might be a direct fit to 15-17. The magneride, active exhaust and gauges are nice but I could do without.

reed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Manual Magnetic
Really like the quad tips and the gauge but I still love my 2016 :love: So will probably wait for S650.... if Ford still offer V8 on the next generation :amen:

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
I like the digi dash but not enough to trade in my 16. Plus, my whipple is barely broken in...
Sponsored