Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Logging my cobb tune I see 2-3psi more (23-24psi) in the morning 50-60 degrees compared to the afternoon 70-80 degrees. Definitely temp sensitive.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Very nice. Thanks for the honest review. Its not easy to admit a $350 part might not be very beneficial. So when he does a custom tune using your data logs do you still have the ability to change maps with the cruise control buttons or do you just have that one tune loaded kind of like an SCT?

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Mike did you ever dyno your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
I have an SCT, so it is one tune only. That does not bother me, it takes minutes to swap a tune. I have always had my doubts about CAIs. I probably would have gotten the MMR if it was actually out and shipping. At least it makes noise. The Airaid has this low rpm resonance sound, but that is it. It has a bigger tube and a bigger inlet, so I am sure it makes some additional power. However, don't expect to bolt it on and marvel at the new found power...only the tune itself does that.

Mike
Isn't the ecoboost intake adapted from the 5.0? I wonder if just a higher flow filter would work as well as a cai. On the frs a cai wasn't much of an improvement over a drop in aftermarket air filter.

Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Regardless, the times aren't bad at all.

a 1.8s 60ft isn't too shabby, and the trap speed is good. Are you auto or manual?

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Where does the stall limit you? I haven't really tried, and I have the basic Goodyear Eagle F1's on mine and they spin easy from a dig lol

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that it was spinning at 2500 at the strip. Torquey little engine... lol.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Probably around 2500 Whoops entered too late i guess. Lol

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I have an SCT, so it is one tune only. That does not bother me, it takes minutes to swap a tune. I have always had my doubts about CAIs. I probably would have gotten the MMR if it was actually out and shipping. At least it makes noise. The Airaid has this low rpm resonance sound, but that is it. It has a bigger tube and a bigger inlet, so I am sure it makes some additional power. However, don't expect to bolt it on and marvel at the new found power...only the tune itself does that.

Mike
Ah ok idk why I thought I recalled you getting the cobb AP. I am considering an SCT still just because its way cheaper at $400 rather than $500 plus another $200 for a protune. Hmm I did check out the MMR intercooler/intake combo it looks like a pretty good deal. How easy is the data logging or did you take it to a dyno before getting your custom tune?

Sponsored

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Good job Mike, that data helped validate my CS calibration. What you have in place now is more aggressive and should work out nicely for the next outing.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Anyone have done anything with HP Tuners?

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
I use their stuff but I don't believe they have released this specific controller support just yet.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I wish!! they don't support the EB cars yet. If they did I would not have gone with Cobb. I've been tuning GM cars for over 10 years on HPT.
Sponsored