Sponsored

120-122 mph before boost...how fast after boost?

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I'm think about a supercharger again and curious what I will run after a procharger or Paxton. I've been 11.5 at 120-122 na and want to go low low 10's or high 9's. My main issue is the manual. I'm not worries so much with shifting, but the trans holding up.

Any ideas what mph or time I could run with 11 psi and possibly e85 since that's what I run now.

Mods now are full exhaust, gt350 intake, e85 tune.

Thanks
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
The "main issue" you spoke about is just that.... your main issue.

The clutch,trans is going to fight you. But really comes down to the power you are wanting to make and fuel. We have customers anywhere from 130mph to over 150mph now in the 1/4 mile.

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I've seen a couple manual cars go into the 9's, but not sure how long they last. I don't live at the track. I go every once in a while, but do use the car on the street. I can get the clutch worked out, but not sure where the trans starts to fail. I've heard the 15' and up are stronger, but that is only info I've read online.

I rather have a manual, but hate having the trans be the weak link. To late for an auto and in reality it makes for a boring street car...in my opinion.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I've seen a couple manual cars go into the 9's, but not sure how long they last. I don't live at the track. I go every once in a while, but do use the car on the street. I can get the clutch worked out, but not sure where the trans starts to fail. I've heard the 15' and up are stronger, but that is only info I've read online.

I rather have a manual, but hate having the trans be the weak link. To late for an auto and in reality it makes for a boring street car...in my opinion.
They don't live in the 9's... no matter what power adder.
A few passes here and there, but long term it's borrowed time.
Couple people get lucky, but the vast majority don't

Even on our 2011 Stick car that we use for testing, we had to change to a T56 after breaking a couple stock trans. (Obviously the T56 hasn't missed a beat)

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Is the t-56 the same thing ford racing sells as the magnum?

Thanks for your time.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I went 11.5's at 120-122 in both my 12 Boss and 14gt, both mt82, full exhaust, welds, wanted to go with a blower but knew the mt82 wasn't going to handle it. Bought my first auto mustang, installed a TVS blower the first month, went mid 10's. So much easier, but I do miss shifting gears.
Sponsored