Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Be thankful you don't live in Ontario, Canada.

You go 50km/hr (31mph) over the speed limit you get charged with street racing and stunt driving. They suspend your license for a week right then and there on the spot and also impound your car for a week.

If convicted you face up to a $10,000 fine and you lose your license for a year. So it can always be worse lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
Keep in mind that generally 100+ ticket means 2 points on your record, and also generally you will not be allowed to do traffic school for 25 over. If you're young, your insurance rate will increase for the following 2 years, and that adds to a LOT of money.
im young

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I had a 101.9mph ticket when I was 17.

Get a lawyer, I got off lucky with 25hrs of community service.

I had nothing on my record, had my father and one of my HS football coaches write me a letter saying how I'm a good person and made a bad choice, blah blah blah.

Gave all that to my lawyer and was lucky enough to only receive community service.

One good tip to avoid all of this would be to slow down though :D;)

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm old and have learn't that if the numbers are high enough then a lawyer is needed. You're lucky you're not in VA, you'd be in Jail. It happened to me when I was 18 and got pulled for 105/55. Happened to this dude too...

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053

My last ticket was 81/55 and with a lawyer it was reduced to 65/55. Reckless driving down to a simple speeding ticket... I'll take it.

Never... Never... Never think a cop will miss his/her court date. It has happened but people also win the lottery (I never have).

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Does the citation say correctable for the tint and license plate?

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Boy do I have stories vs the authorities. Lets just say I've played the game quite a few times. Twice I pleaded my case and drove away with no ticket. Other times completely caught being the only moron on the road. The worst of my record was all in my first car, 84 Mustang GT. I obviously did enough to get my license suspended. Then I went and got caught driving with a suspended license a third time. I did 5 Sunday's of community work at the local park. The fear of going to jail ended that type of driving real quick. Now I take out my urges on the road courses. BTW, it's been 27 years since that fiasco. :D

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just go the ticket clinic type route, I used Tikd when I got pulled over for 104 in a 70 (he got me rounding a curve passing someone) and all I had to pay was their amount (slightly less than the ticket) and that was it.

I don't know if they're available in Cali yet though, but it should be similar with a ticket attorney.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Get a lawyer. Even if it is a lot of money you don't want anything to happen to your license.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'm with everyone else. You're going to need a lawyer.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I don't believe you will have the option for traffic school due to how over the limit you were going. I think if you go over 15 or 20 mph you don't get the option. Sorry to tell you but you kind of f*cked up buddy, next time just slow down and merge when safe.

By no means is this legal advise, I'm just telling you from my personal experience from when I was young and stupid, lol. :doh:

Now, If it's your first time they might cut you some slack. Wait for the ticket to arrive and make sure to save the court date and show up on time if you want any kind of leniency. Go in an talk to the clerk and let him know you are truly sorry for what happened and if there is anything they can do to lessen the ticket and grant you traffic school. More than likely they will give you a payment plan and the option for traffic school so that you can get it off your driving record. I don't see why you need a lawyer if it's obvious it was your fault, you were behind the wheel and besides, you can defend yourself. Own up and handle your decision to drive at that speed and try not to make the same mistake again.

As for the tint and plate ticket, remove the tint on the front windows and put the front plate and pay the ~$25 for each. OR, pay the full amount of the correction violation which might be around ~$220 and leave your car as is.

All in all, don't be surprise if you get a ~$750+ ticket in the mail, not counting on your insurance going up when your renewal comes around.

Yeah, don't speed. It's not worth it, trust me I've been down this road before and it sucks. A lot of money that could have gone into your car is now going to be donated to the state of CA.

Good luck!:headbang:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Reading through this brings back memories of my youth and the '87 GT and '90 Saleen I had out in Cali. I had a LOT of speeding tickets, but I was in the Marine Corps with a FL license. I was lucky to go to court and win a few, but also paid a few out. None of which ever impacted my license since they didn't have the system set up to share between states like they do today.

It's also funny that the ad showing up at the bottom of the last post is for Farmers Insurance.

ba-da-da-da-bum-bum-bum

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I think someone else mentioned this above but in your case, I would give this a shot. Seems like you have nothing to lose:

https://tikd.com/

If you do use it, keep us posted. I'm curious how this works out. Bottom line, it sounds like they should get you off with no points, otherwise they'll refund your money AND pay the ticket.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I think someone else mentioned this above but in your case, I would give this a shot. Seems like you have nothing to lose:

https://tikd.com/

If you do use it, keep us posted. I'm curious how this works out. Bottom line, it sounds like they should get you off with no points, otherwise they'll refund your money AND pay the ticket.
They don't offer the service in California, only Washington DC, Florida, Georgia, & Maryland. This state is very strict on everything, they get you one way or another.