Sponsored

102 in 65

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
I just got my first ticket on 102 in 65 in California. I was trying to pass at a terrible merge and as i passed i saw the cop.. He wrote me for tinted windows and no front plate as well. He made me pop my hood and roll up my windows to see them. So miserable rip. Probably gonna have to sell my car.. just hoping for traffic school..
What happens now... any advice?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Better get this tattooed on your lower back.. Just in case.

Bad-Tattoos-HIV.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did he write you up for recklack driving too? Could be a 2 pointer and traffic school will only mask/hide/remove <------- maybe someone can answer this if traffic school will hide/remove a point?

Sponsored

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I had a police officer once ask me to pop my hood as well. He was a hater. Wrote me up for tint, no front plate, modified exhaust, and having longtubes (tampering with cat converter). No speeding ticket tho. I removed tint, and bought a sto n sho for license plate, and put on my stock exhaust. Think I paid like 25 bucks per corrected violation.

As for the ticket, I once got written for a 94 in a 65.... Here in california in most counties you will not be allowed to do traffic school if you were going 25 over speed limit or if you were traveling faster than 100mph. I got a lawyer and I didn't end up having to pay for anything besides the 600 bucks I paid the lawyer. (Cop didn't show up to court the 2nd time my lawyer rescheduled it)

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did he write you up for recklack driving too? Could be a 2 pointer and traffic school will only mask/hide/remove <------- maybe someone can answer this if traffic school will hide/remove a point?
not specifically it say expeditious driving

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a police officer once ask me to pop my hood as well. He was a hater. Wrote me up for tint, no front plate, modified exhaust, and having longtubes (tampering with cat converter). No speeding ticket tho. I removed tint, and bought a sto n sho for license plate, and put on my stock exhaust. Think I paid like 25 bucks per corrected violation.

As for the ticket, I once got written for a 94 in a 65.... Here in california in most counties you will not be allowed to do traffic school if you were going 25 over speed limit or if you were traveling faster than 100mph. I got a lawyer and I didn't end up having to pay for anything besides the 600 bucks I paid the lawyer. (Cop didn't show up to court the 2nd time my lawyer rescheduled it)
im thinking of scheduling on black friday if possible. i have class on the original date

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not specifically it say expeditious driving
That pretty much sums up every time I get behind the wheel of a car.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
im thinking of scheduling on black friday if possible. i have class on the original date

My advice: Get a lawyer. The money you'll pay a lawyer could potentially save you much more vs insurance premium going up. Lawyers can usually get you lesser charges.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My advice: Get a lawyer. The money you'll pay a lawyer could potentially save you much more vs insurance premium going up. Lawyers can usually get you lesser charges.
ill do some research

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Was it CHP?

I got pulled over for 115 in 55. Sheriff pulled and I got the biggest break ever! Wrote me up for 65 and paid $245, but no traffic school because I already took it within the 18 months :frusty: lol. Sheriff was pretty cool, but I never had any good CHP officer talk.

I agree with other here, lawyer up and change dates around to see if they can lessen it or hope that the cop doesn't show up.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was it CHP?

I got pulled over for 115 in 55. Sheriff pulled and I got the biggest break ever! Wrote me up for 65 and paid $245, but no traffic school because I already took it within the 18 months :frusty: lol. Sheriff was pretty cool, but I never had any good CHP officer talk.

I agree with other here, lawyer up and change dates around to see if they can lessen it or hope that the cop doesn't show up.
chp :/ lawyer sounds expensive

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
California Highway Patrol
CHP
CHiP

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
chp :/ lawyer sounds expensive
Keep in mind that generally 100+ ticket means 2 points on your record, and also generally you will not be allowed to do traffic school for 25 over. If you're young, your insurance rate will increase for the following 2 years, and that adds to a LOT of money.
Sponsored