Sponsored

MMD Rear Diffuser Fins for Base Bumper S550's have arrived!

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
Hey guys,

I've had to keep these things a secret for a little while but I am excited to say that the Diffuser Fins for the base bumper are officially OUT and ready for purchase!

We just got a set installed on Brian's SICK S550 and pics are incoming!

Check them out.

MMD Rear Diffuser Fins (15-17 GT, EcoBoost, V6 w/Non-Premium Rear Bumper)
  • Aggressive Race Inspired Styling
  • Smooth Matte Black Finish
  • Durable, Injection Molded ABS Construction
  • Simple Peel and Stick Installation
  • Fits 2015-2017 GT, EcoBoost and V6 Mustangs
  • Designed for Base (Non-Premium) Chassis Packages Only (Trim Levels: 050A/051A/100A/300A)
Aggressive Race Inspired Styling. Do you own a base model 2015-2017 Mustang with the Non-Premium Rear Bumper? Would you like to give it a more aggressive race inspired appearance? If you answered yes to both of these questions you should check out a set of Modern Muscle Design's Rear Diffuser Fins. These MMD Rear Diffuser Fins are a simple and inexpensive way to alter the exterior appearance of your base model Mustang.

High Quality Construction. Manufactured from an OEM quality injection molded acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), these MMD Rear Diffuser Fins were designed using the original OEM CAD data from Ford to ensure a perfect fit. ABS is an extremely strong material known for its light-weight, superior durability and impact resistance - making it perfect to withstand the hazards of daily driven vehicles.

Simple Peel and Stick Installation. No messy glue or drilling is required for installation. These MMD Rear Diffuser Fins are designed to install simply with the pre-applied 3M doubled sided automotive bonding tape. Thoroughly clean the surface and then simply peel the 3M tape from the back of the Fins and set them firmly in place using the included push pins as a guide. It is that easy.

Application. These Modern Muscle Design Rear Diffuser Fins are designed to fit 2015-2017 V6, EcoBoost and GT Mustangs equipped with the factory Base (Non-Premium) Chassis Packages only (Trim Levels: 050A/051A/100A/300A). Not intended for use on Premium Package models.

394110.jpg

394110_alt1.jpg

394110_alt2.jpg

394110_alt7.jpg
-Will
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
cant wait for the pics! any idea if they could like be added to the diffuser you guys offer? or they wont sit right?

CANTA1M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3T-T-Turbo Stormtrooper
Still waiting!

Shadow5oh

@Shadow5.slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hypershift 5.0
Hey guys! I absolutely love these MMD rear diffuser fins... install was a complete breeze, and it REALLY transforms the look of our rear ends. For me, being a non-premium guy was really tough because to make it look decent I would have had to buy a new bumper, a diffuser, install and paint, well over a thousand dollars. These MMD rear diffuser fins really saved my bacon! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
PM'd you Will! Need some help getting these in my hands now that I can't make the other MMD diffuser work.

Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I did my Premium bumper upgrade for under $800. But it's good to see some options finally for the base bumper guys that don't want to swap to the premium.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
How do they attach? Just Double-sided tape?

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
Lol that's gonna look great flying off your car on the highway when the double sided tape fails. AWESOME STUFF

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Lol that's gonna look great flying off your car on the highway when the double sided tape fails. AWESOME STUFF
I have fins from fordguys550 which are only attached using double sided tape and they have been on the car for over a year now and have not moved or fell off and don't think they ever will. As long as you properly clean and prep the area there is no reason that the tape wont hold.

Shadow5oh

@Shadow5.slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hypershift 5.0
How do they attach? Just Double-sided tape?
They attach via double sided 3m tape, and the two outer ones have push pins that go where the factory nut is under your diffuser if you look back on the lip. If you use the supplied alcohol wipes adhesive promoter, they are not going anywhere. More than enough 3m tape, and it's the quality one. Not worried in the least they will fly off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AMWill

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
Hey guys! I absolutely love these MMD rear diffuser fins... install was a complete breeze, and it REALLY transforms the look of our rear ends. For me, being a non-premium guy was really tough because to make it look decent I would have had to buy a new bumper, a diffuser, install and paint, well over a thousand dollars. These MMD rear diffuser fins really saved my bacon! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
Thanks brotha!

Can't get over how sick these look :headbang:

-Will

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Hey look. Someone trying to hate on a product they have never own or tested. COOL. Can't wait to read some more of your awesome reviews!:lol:

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Just wondering, does the install guide give directions on how to ensure the two fins are properly spaced on both sides, and straight? Thats my main concern if I pull the trigger
Sponsored