smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Update ::::::

The DA at the track tonight sucked compared to last Weds night .. +300 DA last week and 968 tonight .. My first run of the night was my best run of the night , every run after the first run got worse ( spinning out of the hole and spinning on the 1 to 2 shift ) We only had 14 cars show up and most of the were street tire cars , so the more they ran the worse the traction got ... My 60 foots getting worse with each pass ..

So last week 6.45 @ 108 with a 1.45 60 footer ..

Tonight first pass and best pass was a 6.42 @ 109 ..With a 1.48 60 footer ..

So you can see I did better my times with the MAK Boost + intake and filter ..And did it with a higher DA ( 668 feet higher ) and a Track Prep that was sub par compare to last weeks testing ..

So the intake does work !! I feel strongly that if the track was hooking like last week and the DA was a bit closer to last week testing the car would have been running in the high 6.30s , maybe even mid 6.30s ..

Our tracks are open year around here so more testing will happen soon .. I also hope to get some dyno time after the first of the year to see how it compares to my last dyno runs .. Our good 1/4 mile track is closed till the 7th of Jan and I plan a trip down there as soon as they reopen .. Our 1/4 mile track always has great prep and I always 60 foot better there .. Our 1/8 mile track I ran at tonight is hit or miss on traction .. Just ask Kelly at BMR about that :)

So all in all I'm happy with what I saw tonight with the MAK intake .. Very promising out come Judging from tonight's testing .. More to come ...
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I'm sure you'll find 110mph here soon. That's hauling man.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Update ::::::

The DA at the track tonight sucked compared to last Weds night .. +300 DA last week and 968 tonight .. My first run of the night was my best run of the night , every run after the first run got worse ( spinning out of the hole and spinning on the 1 to 2 shift ) We only had 14 cars show up and most of the were street tire cars , so the more they ran the worse the traction got ... My 60 foots getting worse with each pass ..

So last week 6.45 @ 108 with a 1.45 60 footer ..

Tonight first pass and best pass was a 6.42 @ 109 ..With a 1.48 60 footer ..

So you can see I did better my times with the MAK Boost + intake and filter ..And did it with a higher DA ( 668 feet higher ) and a Track Prep that was sub par compare to last weeks testing ..

So the intake does work !! I feel strongly that if the track was hooking like last week and the DA was a bit closer to last week testing the car would have been running in the high 6.30s , maybe even mid 6.30s ..

Our tracks are open year around here so more testing will happen soon .. I also hope to get some dyno time after the first of the year to see how it compares to my last dyno runs .. Our good 1/4 mile track is closed till the 7th of Jan and I plan a trip down there as soon as they reopen .. Our 1/4 mile track always has great prep and I always 60 foot better there .. Our 1/8 mile track I ran at tonight is hit or miss on traction .. Just ask Kelly at BMR about that :)

So all in all I'm happy with what I saw tonight with the MAK intake .. Very promising out come Judging from tonight's testing .. More to come ...
Very nice. Even with DA aside, More ET, More MPH, and a slower 60ft. That is hard to beat.

Cant wait to see what it will do in better weather with a better 60ft.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I'm sure you'll find 110mph here soon. That's hauling man.
Thanks , our 1/4 mile track ( Bradenton Motorsports Park ) is so smooth and hooks so hard it's always worth a 10th of a second and 2 MPH over our crappy 1/8 track .. It's a real shame our 1/8 mile track is so bad because it's only 5 miles from my house .. The 1/4 mile track is 50 miles away .. I have been racing both track for over 35 years so I know the tracks pretty good ..

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Very nice. Even with DA aside, More ET, More MPH, and a slower 60ft. That is hard to beat.

Cant wait to see what it will do in better weather with a better 60ft.
I'll get down to Bradenton Motorsports Park after the first of the year then we can really see what this thing can do .. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Well got mine on. Butt dyno says yes 4750 on up.
Either you guys have really small hands or a magic wand....took me a good hour and a lot of swearing to get it on. Looks great! I attached a pic of PC stock one and the MAK one.
20161230_104621.jpg

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Either you guys have really small hands or a magic wand....took me a good hour and a lot of swearing to get it on. Looks great! I attached a pic of PC stock one and the MAK one.
I got small hands and took me that long or longer .. I want to see a 5 min install video :eyebulge::D

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT

Just running it without a tune change?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Just running it without a tune change?
no retune on mine , my turner said it would be fine ... He wanted to dyno it for fun with the filter and pipe off like the Paxton guy do .. I said no .. :)

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well everyone likes data....so here is some good data to digest.
I am running the 3.6" pulley on my HO P1.
I have long tubes, catless and also have the stage 2 intercooler.
The last log I did for Lund was back in July. The car was rocking and we felt it was pretty dialed in.
I have done absolutely nothing to the car since that last data log except put gas in it and one oil change.
I went out and did a data log with the car today. I selected a few points from old log and new log to compare. They are in the attached photo.
Needless to say I know why the butt dyno noticed something...:hail:
Untitled.jpg

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well everyone likes data....so here is some good data to digest.
I am running the 3.6" pulley on my HO P1.
I have long tubes, catless and also have the stage 2 intercooler.
The last log I did for Lund was back in July. The car was rocking and we felt it was pretty dialed in.
I have done absolutely nothing to the car since that last data log except put gas in it and one oil change.
I went out and did a data log with the car today. I selected a few points from old log and new log to compare. They are in the attached photo.
Needless to say I know why the butt dyno noticed something...:hail:
The only thing I will caution you about is that MAF and boost this time of year will be higher this time of year vs July because cooler denser air. I'm not saying you are not seeing gains but you should have logged it with the stock intake and the new one on the same day or at least in the same exact conditions.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing I will caution you about is that MAF and boost this time of year will be higher this time of year vs July because cooler denser air. I'm not saying you are not seeing gains but you should have logged it with the stock intake and the new one on the same day or at least in the same exact conditions.
Makes sense...I would go do that but it was a knuckle buster getting it in there.
i went back and looked at the logs. IAT today was 57 and on the Lund day IAT was 82.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Where's the stage 2 setup!?!?
Sponsored