Socal350's GT350 Story

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
I know I’m a little late here as I’ve owned my GT350 for almost 7 months now but I figured sharing my story late is better than never haha. This thread will be similar to Bossing, 50 Deep and RaiderJatt02 where I’ll continue to update my build progress over time.

Ever since I was a little kid growing up, my father had always taught me one thing, “You can own any car you like, as long as it’s a Ford.” That mentality has always stuck with me and was only amplified by him constantly telling me stories about when he owned his Mercury Cyclone GT or Ford Thunderbird. But it wasn’t until he bought his first Cobra, that I truly appreciated what Ford (and the Mustang) brought to the table.

1998 Bright Atlantic Blue Ford Mustang Cobra

I’m sure some might say, “Really this is the car that did it for you?” but at about 9-10 years old, how was I supposed to know the Mustang we owned wasn’t a classic or highly remarked one. All I remember is my dad and I would laugh/smile and just enjoy riding around in that car! Even to this day, I still miss that car (sold it about 8 years ago). After owning the Cobra for a while, I think my dad was happy with his choice of sports car and decided to start buying more utility/luxury vehicles like this custom 2001 Black Ford F-350 Crew Cab Dually:

The spree of buying utility/luxury vehicles finally came to an end in late 2007, when he decided to buy himself a 2008 Vapor Ford Mustang GT, which was passed down to me after high school. The car is completely stock aside from a body kit. I’ve debating over keeping or selling it but I think it’ll stick around for a bit longer (even though some call it an old mustang already). It may not be the best looking or the fastest but it’s technically my first car so I’ve become somewhat attached to it haha.

2008 Vapor Ford Mustang GT

Fast forward to September 2015…I’ve been fortunate enough to land a good job out of college and after a few years of hard work and saving up, I was finally in the market for buying my dream sports car. I knew I was somewhat late on ordering and figured I was probably pushing my luck a little but I decided to head down to my local Ford dealership and see if I could get my hands on a GT350. My dad and I were super excited just from talking about the car and watching car reviews/videos online. We showed up at the dealership and we were walking around outside looking at GTs. I told myself that as much as I liked the GTs, I would walk out of there with a GT350 or nothing.

As soon as the sales representative approached us, I immediately jumped into “I want to buy a GT350” with a huge smile on my face. The sales rep looked back at me like “this kid must be crazy” hahaha. And to my surprise he explained that they had 1 allocation left but the car had already been ordered by the dealership. We discussed the details of the car, color and package (technology) and were able to negotiate a deal! I put my deposit down that day and the waiting game began.

My dealership said they would let me know once they received information on when the car would arrive. In mid-December I received a call and they told me the car could arrive within the next few weeks. After a few weeks of pestering them with calls, the car finally arrived on New Year’s Eve. Talk about timing…what a way to start the new year! When my dad and I go to the dealership, we saw the car parked outside waiting for us and our faces instantly lit up like Christmas trees…I didn’t expect the Shadow Black color to shine like it did and it totally caught me by surprise.

I’ll continue the thread with my next post being my initial impressions of the car. In the meantime here are some photos below:

GT350BK.jpg
IMG_0885BK.jpg
DSC04677BK.jpg
IMG_1968BK.jpg
IMG_1983BK.jpg
IMG_1967BK.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Superb car! :headbang:

Looking forward to future updates!:thumbsup:

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Awesome looking car, and I love your previous cars! My first car was a 1994 mustang, and my current is a 2007 mustang (both v6). Looking forward to hear more about how you like your new gt350!

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nice collection of ponies in your stable Socal. :coolphotos:

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
It is never too late to share your experience. Congrats!
I must say you've been very patient. So which one do you daily drive? GT or 350?

Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
SWEET! I'm not a fan of black cars but that thing is GORG! Get a clearbra on it ASAP!

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
Congrats!! Great looking car! Excellent story!

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Car looks good man. Great story

You haven't even shown them the most recent pics. It's a whole new car!

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Great story and fabulous GT350! The only advice I could offer is to keep that 2008 Vapor GT forever if you can. That's an awesome first car and once it's gone, you'll probably never get it back.

Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
She's sooooo shiny!!

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Car looks good man. Great story

You haven't even shown them the most recent pics. It's a whole new car!
He's holding out on us?

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
He's holding out on us?
In a major way.

Basically he is at the strip club throwing $1 bills, but has a pocket full of $100's

BSures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Congrats on the ride. I'm in Los Angeles as well, we should hit the crest!

OP
OP

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
Thanks for the kind words [MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22111]Praehotec[/MENTION] [MENTION=16810]Helmet[/MENTION] [MENTION=23431]302toVoodoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17837]raiderjatt02[/MENTION] ! :cheers:

It is never too late to share your experience. Congrats!
I must say you've been very patient. So which one do you daily drive? GT or 350?
[MENTION=24571]abcut973[/MENTION] Haha I'm pretty patient most of the time. I daily my GT and drive the 350 on the weekends

SWEET! I'm not a fan of black cars but that thing is GORG! Get a clearbra on it ASAP!
She's sooooo shiny!!
[MENTION=22191]straightliner1[/MENTION] [MENTION=21052]AGGT350[/MENTION] Haha I myself wasn't all that thrilled when I first found out the car was going to be black but it was one of the better choices available so I took it. But once I went to go pick it up, I was like "Oh man, this is the Shadow Black color?!" It's probably one of the best black colors available for a car imo (still hard to maintain though)

Great story and fabulous GT350! The only advice I could offer is to keep that 2008 Vapor GT forever if you can. That's an awesome first car and once it's gone, you'll probably never get it back.
Thanks [MENTION=23082]hacktracker[/MENTION] ! I will most likely keep the car. I've debated on trading it in for an S550/future model GT but like you said, I'll likely never get it back. I guess only time will tell what'll happen
Sponsored