Intelligent Oil Life Monitor

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
So has anyone else had this nag screen come up yet?
Just over 10,000 Kms and the car is telling me I need a service. By the manual this puts my driving style under the severe category:doh:
IMG_2982.JPG
Sponsored

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
we have done over 10000km but havent seen this one yet..

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Here in the US it's 10k miles, 1 year or when the oil life monitor says so. I have 29k miles and my car and it's been consistently around 7500 miles or 12k kilometers when the oil life monitor has said it's time for an oil change.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Just over 10,000 Kms and the car is telling me I need a service. By the manual this puts my driving style under the severe category:doh:
Nothing to stress about mate. Does the dipstick show oil? If yes, you are fine. Have you changed your oil since delivery? If not I will be doing it quick smart.

Anyway, try this to remove the warning from the screen, see if it really works and let us all know - post #51 http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44770&page=4

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Same thing has just recently come up on mine! Only done just over 4000km though. Was wondering if it was due to the fact my car is an early (August 2015) build and it's coming up to 12 months since it was built.

Sponsored

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Out of interest [MENTION=19128]Gnome[/MENTION] what sort of fuel usage do you typically see?
I'm curious to compare how your driving style compares to mine and others with regard to the oil sensors predictions.
I started out at 19.5/100 now seeing 15.5/100
Only done 400 kms so far, so I'm keen to see what the car thinks of this...

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Out of interest [MENTION=19128]Gnome[/MENTION] what sort of fuel usage do you typically see?
I'm curious to compare how your driving style compares to mine and others with regard to the oil sensors predictions.
Hey mate, wait till you get at least 3000km on the car before worrying about fuel. As soon as mine hit 3000 it was like magic and my economy got a whole lot better! I gained like 100km DTE ! It counted up 1km every 2 seconds lol

OP
OP

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Out of interest @Gnome what sort of fuel usage do you typically see?
I am not stressing over it just curious what sort of km's this was coming up at for others. Like someone else said the mileage gets much better over the first few 1000 km, don't take too much notice of the mileage yet. I am at around 13.9 average for the last 2000 km but the overall average from the second trip meter that I haven't reset since delivery still shows 14.8 due to the initial high fuel usage when it was new.

I don't baby it, but by the same token I don't flog it either.:)

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
While we're on the subject of oil , I booked my free 3000k service today and requested an oil change and new filter. The service chic said why ? It won't need that ,
My way of thinking is that it couldn't hurt and why not !
Any thoughts guys ???

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
While we're on the subject of oil , I booked my free 3000k service today and requested an oil change and new filter. The service chic said why ? It won't need that ,
Any thoughts guys ???
Do it yourself or get a local mechanic to do it. Ford will probably just wipe the filter and say they replaced it

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Any thoughts guys ???
Find out what oil your dealer uses and provide them with better stuff if theirs is just bulk buy rubbish with the 'correct' viscosity but incorrect protection :thumbsup:

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Mine just gave me the same warning, and I'm only at 5,000km..
I'm not a nana-driver, but also not thrashing it either, so surprised to see it come up this soon.

Also on a related note, emptied the oil catch can today after 2,500km, about 18-19 mls of dark brown oil collected.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Mines popped up and I've only got 2000km on the clock. What oil is everyone using? Might drop mine and replace with Castrol edge.
Sponsored