Sponsored

663whp/605wtq - TUNE+ E85 Conversion (ORDERS SHIPPING NEXT WEEK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
PRE-ORDER IS LIVE!

http://adamtuned.com/collections/20...-port-injection-kit-for-2015-ecoboost-mustang

Well, most of you know that I have been working on a E85 conversion kit for the Ecoboost Mustang for some time now, and some of you ask me almost every week when you can purchase it. I'm sorry to keep pushing it further back but in order to release something it needs to be proven and go through testing before I am satisfied.

From the basic to the extreme I have finalized all my testing and have chosen the optimal injectors and configuration for each style of customer. Stock turbo, Turbo Upgrade, Turbo Upgrade and Built motor. Each had impressive results, and each performed flawless in regards to the fuel system. Stock turbo cars will be limited by the stock turbo, and upgraded turbo cars will be limited by the stock block, and built motor cars will be limited by the factory head gasket unless built with 12mm head studs and a custom gasket which is up next for testing on the 663whp/605wtq car.

The testing is done, and the next step is to bring down manufacturing cost on the different variations that will be offered. Here are the different stages in kits, all based off my love for burritos.

Lite Sauce - Designed for stock block cars for up to 450whp, with either stock turbo (400whp) or a turbo upgrade like our GTX2867R turbo upgrade kit.

Extra sauce - Designed for upgraded turbo and built engine cars up to 600whp. The kit is virtually the same but includes bigger injectors to support the additional fuel. To make up to 600whp it is recommended to upgrade the in take fuel delivery system. We will have a solution for this in the near future. A Boost-a-pump is NOT recommended, or considered to be a "fuel delivery upgrade" it can cause fuel driver failures on the Ecoboost platform.

Each kit will come with the following:

- Injection plate
- Fuel feed line adapter
- 4 x Injectors (Lite, Heavy, and Mega all use different injectors)
- Plug and Play Fuel Lines
- Fuel Controller

Optional equipment:

- Inline Fuel Filter
- Bluetooth Ethanol Content Sensor

If both optional equipment are chosen you will receive a 3D printed mounting plate to hold the filter and the ethanol content sensor to the intake manifold. Still in development but will be available in the future.

If you are a TUNE+ customer, or a Cobb Accessport customer (more than likely you are a TUNE+ customer at that point) you won't need to do anything with the Accessport if you want to switch back to pump gas. Simply map switch with your cruise control buttons to your pump gas slot, and turn the E85 injection system off. The controller will be wired to a switch to turn on and off when necessary. So you can drive out of state on E85, and if there is no E85 just switch off the kit and switch to your pump gas slot and off you go!

As mentioned above, the kit is now past the testing phase and now looking into reducing manufacturing cost. Final pricing will be posted soon, but currently the Lite Sauce kit will start out at $1,000 shipped without any options, pricing will drop if cost can be reduced significantly. Looking to drop the line and fitting quantity.

New pictures will be posted later this week once a few new pieces arrive. Going to be hand making one of the pieces and want to get it pressure tested before I move forward with final production pictures.

UPDATE: 6/6/16

Pressure tested a custom fitting last week, then put 150 miles on it this weekend to make sure there are no problems. I'm reaching out to a few machinist today to get some quotes on making a few things, then we should be good to go.

I will have final pricing on everything tomorrow hopefully, then we can start the pre-orders.

Here is the latest pull from the World Record run, the car made 48 pulls on the dyno this day, that last 20 were over 600whp. This is SB1Racing's vehicle and you can find his build thread below:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41001

The car below is a MAP 5558 / Stock block car, been at this power level for over 2 months on E85.

I will have some dyno graphs from the stock turbo car I am tuning now, and is making 400whp as of last week with full bolt ons. The car is being put together for a customer in Kuwait, and will be shipping there soon once we finalize the tune/transmission.

Quick glimpse at the bluetooth ethanol content sensor hooked up and working on a Galaxy Note 4.

Sponsored

Last edited:

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Oh hell yes!

Keep up the work Adam!

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
Love that you just keep advancing this platform to new heights!

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I assume you're using the Split Second controller on the Lite package. Will this include a plug and play harness, or will we need to splice?

Also, I assume you say requires Cobb AP because you are including a tune to use this. But what about those of us that tune our cars ourselves? Any possible discounts there?

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Damn 400whp on the stock turbo? That's leaning on it pretty hard I assume?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I assume you're using the Split Second controller on the Lite package. Will this include a plug and play harness, or will we need to splice?

Also, I assume you say requires Cobb AP because you are including a tune to use this. But what about those of us that tune our cars ourselves? Any possible discounts there?
You will be wiring it in yourself, there is no way to make it plug and play unfortunately. I will be going over the wiring in an install video.

I'm not selling you the Cobb Accessport, it is just required in order to have me tune the vehicle. So there would be no discount if you are tuning it yourself.

Damn 400whp on the stock turbo? That's leaning on it pretty hard I assume?
Oh yea, that is giving it all the beans.

Love that you just keep advancing this platform to new heights!
Thank you.

Oh hell yes!

Keep up the work Adam!
Thank you.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I will say, that dyno for the MAP turbo car on a stock block has a nice curve. That's exactly where I want to be power/tq wise.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Oh, guess I forgot to ask, is the stock lp fuel pump in the tank enough to keep up on the Lite system with the extra injectors and e85?

Soulripper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jae
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Ecobeast
What are some of the base line numbers we can expect on the stock turbo or Big turbo upgrade with e85 ....i remember you said that on the stock turbo you would not go beyond 380 whp does that change with e85?

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's @780 hp. Wow!! The fully developed Mega Sauce kit may see the magical 1000 hp mark.

khrome13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco Prem PP, 2015 F150 5.0, 93 Foxbody 5.0
sub'd

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I just sent you an email with a bunch of questions. Not about this but reading this makes me feel that im on the right path by choosing you for tuning and future build. tune+ all the way!!!!!

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Can you still use Meth with this E85?

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oh, guess I forgot to ask, is the stock lp fuel pump in the tank enough to keep up on the Lite system with the extra injectors and e85?
Yes, I have used the stock lift pump to 500whp, but it get's a little finicky around 450whp especially from a dead dig launch.

I will be testing a boost-a-pump in the future. I can only get 16v out of the stock lift pump with the ECU.

What are some of the base line numbers we can expect on the stock turbo or Big turbo upgrade with e85 ....i remember you said that on the stock turbo you would not go beyond 380 whp does that change with e85?
Those are listed in the first post, so I guess I might be reading the question wrong.

That's @780 hp. Wow!! The fully developed Mega Sauce kit may see the magical 1000 hp mark.
1000whp is the target!

Can you still use Meth with this E85?
There is no reason to, methanol injection with straight methanol would displace the E85 and cause issues, and if you run a 50/50 mix with methanol it would just dilute the E85 and decrease it's effectiveness. Ethanol fuels HATE agua.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.