Sponsored

So.......2 years and 24 days after ordering....

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
I finally have my Mustang :headbang:

The timeline for this has been:
Ordered: 25/01/2014
Priced: 24/01/2015
Stripes added: 05/05/2015
Blend date: 18/11/2015 (NB: my other Stang 21/11/1965)
Gate release: 10/12/2015
Set sail from Baltimore: 04/01/2016
Arrived Zeebrugge: 18/01/2016
Transferred to Southampton: 04/02/2016

I collected from Essex Ford at Dunton this morning. The weather was yuk but I could not wait another day. Took the Manders Mustang checklist with me and almost everything is just great - F5 card already present :eyebulge: Unfortunately there is a small scratch on the nearside wing. My salesman Paul found it and got the Chairman of the dealership and their top paint guy out. They will have it back in a couple of weeks to fix it. Overall the experience with them has been very good except of course for the lack of delivery info. Paul is an excellent salesman.

So far I have done a little under 100 miles on lots of different roads. My first impression is that it is a big solid car. It is surprisingly refined and I would be happy crossing Europe in a day. It rides well although that is partly due to the very squishy seats. I had the distinct impression of being in a spring-loaded tractor seat at one point! The width of the thing is fine on small roads. Parking and turning out of blind junctions can be tricky. Just tried it in the garage and it fits with supervision, or extreme care.

The engine is a gem as everyone has said. I was a bit worried because my fuel consumption kept on getting better and better but was reassured when after 22.5 mpg it started coming back down again :D And the chassis is certainly playful. I could feel it start to slide in a good way on a few corners.

Mrs GregT is absolutely smitten with it too and I can tell we will love owning this car (as if this forum hadn't told me already). When the salt clears and the sun comes out I will get some pics with the '65.

Right then, off to wash the car as it is filthy! :headbonk:
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Very nice:cheers:.....enjoy:thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
She looks gorgeous mate, glad the checklist came in handy, the paint work looks brilliant by the way, how does it look up close - looks to me like it's been done really well!

Can't wait to see the pics next to your 65! Let me guess, they're identical specs ;)?

Oh and a mrs who likes them, winning aint you!

Was it worth the 2 and change years to get, i'd say judging by the smitten look on your face in the picture - yes :D!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Nice colour combo :thumbsup:

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I finally have my Mustang :headbang:
Congrats on finally getting your car, I like how with the ceramic seats it looks like the stripes continue inside as well.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Very nice.

Scratch aside, the dealer prep looks tidy? Strange the prep guys didn't identify it though.

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
Very nice.

Scratch aside, the dealer prep looks tidy? Strange the prep guys didn't identify it though.
They probably did it:lol: cars looking good greg, stripes set it right off

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Stunning! Apart from the stripes, looks like the same spec as mine, can't wait to get my hands on the bad boy :)

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Looks fab - if I'd have known the 'silver' stripes were that white, I'd have been tempted to order (mine's DIB). In fact, a few days back I asked the dealer whether they could be ordered as retro fit.

Ruby looks much better than I thought it would in UK light. It's almost a candy, whereas most metallic reds look very muddy usually.

Nice one - enjoy :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fab - if I'd have known the 'silver' stripes were that white, I'd have been tempted to order (mine's DIB). In fact, a few days back I asked the dealer whether they could be ordered as retro fit.

Ruby looks much better than I thought it would in UK light. It's almost a candy, whereas most metallic reds look very muddy usually.

Nice one - enjoy :)
you can get white as aftermarket, quite easily, most wrap companies would be able to do it easily, including faded stripes, as this will just be a part print vinyl, to create the fade (same way ford does it)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
She looks beautiful, just love that colour and stripes look great, bet you thought this day would never come

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
you can get white as aftermarket, quite easily, most wrap companies would be able to do it easily, including faded stripes, as this will just be a part print vinyl, to create the fade (same way ford does it)
Thanks Manders - well aware of this ta. I have aftermarket black silk stripes on my old car (and in the course of my business have more vinyls cut/printed than you could shake a stick at!).

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Manders - well aware of this ta. I have aftermarket black silk stripes on my old car (and in the course of my business have more vinyls cut/printed than you could shake a stick at!).
Hahaha! Didn't know if you knew! Well, look forward to seeing yours with some white stripes on once it comes :D!
Sponsored