Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
With the 2018 refresh looming, I had to see if I could piece together some Ford design DNA and come up with a refreshed 2018 front/rocker combo.

I was actually quite surprised it came out as well as it did as I was dreading the new grille on the Mustang. However, when mixed with some big-brother influences, I think it could work very well.

This is a relatively quick chop, and I might polish it up later, but it gets the point across and I think looks quite good.

Anyone have a line into Ford's design team? :D
2018_Mustang_Render_1a.jpg
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Nice job!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good to see you posting renders again :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow that new front end looks awesome! Reminds me a bit of the Ford GT. I hope Ford retains some sort of the 3 "gills" in the headlights still though when they do the refresh as I think they're really unique and look awesome. Thanks for doing this render! I'd love to see your thoughts on what a back end refresh would look like as well!

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Wow that new front end looks awesome! Reminds me a bit of the Ford GT. I hope Ford retains some sort of the 3 "gills" in the headlights still though when they do the refresh as I think they're really unique and look awesome. Thanks for doing this render! I'd love to see your thoughts on what a back end refresh would look like as well!
Imagine that front with the next GT500 for 2018MY?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That actually looks rather nice.
Very European look.

Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I appreciate the rendering, but i'm not into that front. it's not aggressive enough, kind of looks like a Focus front (RS is still a focus). maybe throw a huge ass splitter on there, but its missing that mustang pop.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
With regards the actual render, here's some personal feedback. Please don't take it as criticism, as I still draw cars like I did when I was 5 years old :eek:

However....

I'd like to see the nose dropped a little, keeping the headlamps at the current level. I'm hoping the '18 manages to pull off this GT350 effect. It's one of those things that almost goes unnoticed unless you park a GT and a GT350 side by side.

I'd also like to see the lower fascia shrink a little. Right now, I think it takes away from the main grille (and we certainly don't want to get to a situation where the lower grille is bigger than the top one....yeah, I'm talkin' to you, Camaro :p )

I also wonder if Ford will adopt the new grille seen on the Fusion/Focus etc. Perhaps they'll keep the current shape to help fend off those "Fusion coupe" jibes!

OP
OP
Rampant

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
With regards the actual render, here's some personal feedback. Please don't take it as criticism, as I still draw cars like I did when I was 5 years old :eek:

However....

I'd like to see the nose dropped a little, keeping the headlamps at the current level. I'm hoping the '18 manages to pull off this GT350 effect. It's one of those things that almost goes unnoticed unless you park a GT and a GT350 side by side.

I'd also like to see the lower fascia shrink a little. Right now, I think it takes away from the main grille (and we certainly don't want to get to a situation where the lower grille is bigger than the top one....yeah, I'm talkin' to you, Camaro :p )

I also wonder if Ford will adopt the new grille seen on the Fusion/Focus etc. Perhaps they'll keep the current shape to help fend off those "Fusion coupe" jibes!
Yeah, I know. There is a lot of fine detail work I would do if I had the time. I just literally threw on the GT lower, the new Fusion upper and pinched and squeezed a little to make it work. I did drop the nose a little BTW -- just hard to tell without comparison.

I just wanted to do a quick 'chop to see if it was worth pursuing. To see if there was any way the Mustang could look right with that new grille.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
:headbang:

Now we just need an amalgam of the two headlamps. Keep the 3 gills from today, but blended with the outer section of the Fusion ones you used :thumbsup:
Sponsored