Limp Mode on the Track

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's already been posted in this thread that Ford Performance is working on a fix, so all the track pack and non-track guys can stop saying that we don't know whether it's a problem yet.

Frankly, I'd rather not put my car into limp mode. Basically limp mode is saying that the car is right on the brink of being damaged. So hopefully you can understand why I'd really rather avoid that. I'd like to install the fix first and THEN go to the track. :)
Actually the wording was that they are working on a solution, not a fix. I know it seems the same but I wouldn't take anything FP has said as an admission of fault at this point. Again, way too early.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
At the end of the day we are all Mustang and Shelby GT350 enthusiasts and for you to suggest that all the track pack owners are out to get the tech pack owners is outrageous.

That statement is really hard to comprehend!

:eyebulge:
What's your explanation for why all the track pack owners are arguing against the tech pack owners?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not suggesting for anyone to pound salt but just wondering if you have actually tracked your car yet and can give us some real data based on your personal experience or are you using results from others to form your opinion?

I am not piling on but just making an observation based on reading many hundreds of posts that just seem to go on an on and very, very repetitive.

At the end of the day we are all Mustang and Shelby GT350 enthusiasts and for you to suggest that all the track pack owners are out to get the tech pack owners is outrageous.

That statement is really hard to comprehend!

:eyebulge:
It seems that the thinking by some is that if 100% of everyone doesn't 100% agree with their opinion, they are against them. I'd love for everyone to be happy with their cars but obviously we aren't all going to agree 100% with how that should be accomplished.

Apparently, I'm not even supposed to be posting in this thread since I don't have a tech pack car...and nothing invested...when the biggest complainers/accusers don't even have their cars yet and/or don't plan to drive it on the track. This just got hilarious.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
What's your explanation for why all the track pack owners are arguing against the tech pack owners?
I don't think anyone is arguing that Tech owners don't deserve their car the way they want them. I've been saying that, IMO, going one-sided and talking about suing and such isn't likely the way to get it resolved. FP are enthusiasts, too and I believe once they are given a little time to dig in on this, they will offer a reasonable solution.

I also never said they aren't overheating - I just said it's early. I expect that when summer hits, we will see this a bit more - but I also suspected that as soon as I saw a "track pack" and a "tech pack". Agreed, some of the wording, if looking at JUST that sentence, would seem to talk up even the non-cooled cars...even though no specific specs/times were provided - they did mention "all-day" and didn't specifiy the tech or the track. I linked it ^^ somewhere - I think that's the biggest piece of confusing marketing that was offered and what you guys should take to the boards.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody cares about track pack guys posting here. The problem is the indifference presented by their comments.

The "you should only track it if it had a track pack"
"You should have known"
"Isn't that what the track package is for?"
"Why would you expect a non track package to perform like a track package"
"It's not ford's fault"

These comments just show how out of touch with the situation they people making are.

How would you feel if the situation was turned and there was an issue with your track package car on the roads and my responses were...

"Isn't the tech package for street use"

The packages aren't exclusive to street or track.

Overall this car was built by Ford with people tracking it in mind. Yes, ford had made a package for more serious track people, but even the base car is meant for the track. It appears that in all the testing Ford didn't identify and correct the heating issue. Which to me is a flaw.

The "well you should have bought a track package" is the wrong answer and attitude.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think anyone is arguing that Tech owners don't deserve their car the way they want them. I've been saying that, IMO, going one-sided and talking about suing and such isn't likely the way to get it resolved. FP are enthusiasts, too and I believe once they are given a little time to dig in on this, they will offer a reasonable solution.

I also never said they aren't overheating - I just said it's early. I expect that when summer hits, we will see this a bit more - but I also suspected that as soon as I saw a "track pack" and a "tech pack". Agreed, some of the wording, if looking at JUST that sentence, would seem to talk up even the non-cooled cars...even though no specific specs/times were provided - they did mention "all-day" and didn't specifiy the tech or the track. I linked it ^^ somewhere - I think that's the biggest piece of confusing marketing that was offered and what you guys should take to the boards.
I agree with you that a suit is not a good approach and I hope no one goes there.

Thanks for the balanced post. I did notice that one. :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I certainly don't see it that way but if that is your opinion I guess there isn't much more to say other than it is a sad day when us GT350 enthusiasts are accused of taking each other on regardless of what options our cars have.

:(

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I certainly don't see it that way but if that is your opinion I guess there isn't much more to say other than it is a sad day when us GT350 enthusiasts are accused of taking each other on regardless of what options our cars have.

Agreed.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

These got lost on the other page, but these are the kind of comments that Track Package guys are giving:

"You should have known"
"It's not ford's fault"

These comments are what makes me feel that the track package guys don't have our backs.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
These got lost on the other page, but these are the kind of comments that Track Package guys are giving:

"You should have known"
"It's not ford's fault"

These comments are what makes me feel that the track package guys don't have our backs.

I'm not changing my tune about my opinion that there was more writing on the wall that this would happen than there was to indicate tech cars could run all day at the track with zero issues. Obviously there was SOME confusion and conflicting text out there but to go so one-sided is what I primarily don't agree with.

Opinions aside, you guys want the cars a certain way - and I think there's a path you guys can take to get it. I'd rely on the enthusiasm of FP. Sounds like they may have anticipated this backlash based soley on the different package offerings for 17 - so I'm sure there's at least an outline of a solution. Let em hash it out.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
indicate tech cars could run all day at the track with zero issues.

But you opinion is based on an argument we aren't even having. And that is distracting from the conversation.

NOBODY has stated that they expect the the tech to have the same longevity on the track as a track package.

We are stating that even the base model of this car should be able to manage a typical 20 track session without coolers. That's it. Take the blinders off and see what we are asking for.

I'm glad that you absolutely knew that this track inspired car could not handle 20 mins on the track, but I was not able for tell that and a lot of knowledgeable people here obviously could not either.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
hoping Ford:
- develop an external pump wired to battery with track/r tranny cooler for base/tech
- recommend a thicker better tranny oil for ALL models base/tech/track/r

all these limp mode issue regarding tranny will all go away. even a better tranny fluid will hope a lot.

those motorcraft stuff are pretty sh&t based on the reviews of 5w-50 engine oil

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
But you opinion is based on an argument we aren't even having. And that is distracting from the conversation.

NOBODY has stated that they expect the the tech to have the same longevity on the track as a track package.

We are stating that even the base model of this car should be able to manage a typical 20 track session without coolers. That's it. Take the blinders off and see what we are asking for.

I'm glad that you absolutely knew that this track inspired car could not handle 20 mins on the track, but I was not able for tell that and a lot of knowledgeable people here obviously could not either.

Blinders? I'm acknowledging both sides - you're cherry picking little one-liners (evidence above) to try to prove your point.

The fact that you have a number in your head is the problem. There were no numbers given. You are stating that you expected it to not last as long as the track but longer than 20 minutes - where did you get this very specific expectation? You wished it to yourself. Again, some people (you) have a problem if others don't agree with you 100%. I'm past the arguing - it doesn't matter. The resolution matters and I hope you guys get satisfaction.

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
They absolutely could and would if it was an oil issue. There's no requirement for them to prove anything other than you altered the oiling system. The burden then shifts to the consumer to prove the alteration did not contribute to the failure.
This thread is discussing trans oil, not engine oil. In my example I'm talking about Ford voiding your engine warranty for installing a trans cooler. The burden is on the manufacturer to prove that your part caused the problem, I believe it is the law.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This thread is discussing trans oil, not engine oil. In my example I'm talking about Ford voiding your engine warranty for installing a trans cooler. The burden is on the manufacturer to prove that your part caused the problem, I believe it is the law.
Yeah, it is the law but it's frequently turned around on the consumer as their burden to proof the part "didn't" cause the fault. They simply say that the original design was modified outside of OEM specs.
Sponsored