Sponsored

GT350 Intake Manifold Swap & Testing on JDM Engineering's 2015 Mustang GT Automatic

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
*All Manifold Kits purchased through JDM Engineering are inspected and repackaged by JDM to ensure damage does not occur during shipping to our customers.*

2015+ Mustang GT 350 Intake Manifold Packages

Update 01/15/16:

Something new has arrived!

As most of you have seen, early reports and testing of the New GT350 Voodoo Intake Manifold installed on a regular 2015+ Coyote show promising gains in top end power with no loss in bottom end torque. Usually when something is too good to be true, it is. However, we at JDM Engineering have faith in this manifold and Ford Performance so we are testing it out for ourselves.

The GT350 Intake Manifold was installed on our 2015 A6 shop car. The long term goals of our car is to remain Naturally Aspirated taking advantage of simple Bolt-On parts first with internal engine work to follow later.

As the car sits we have ran a best of 11.92 @ 117 in full street trim, full weight with MPSS street tires. The car was only equipped with an Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Street Cat-Back and a JDM Engineering 93 Octane Street Tune at the time.

The slips:

Now for the fun part!

To start, a Baseline Dyno Test was done with the Stock Intake Manifold, Airaid intake, Magnaflow Street Cat-Back and a JDM Engineering 93 Octane Street Tune.

We were rewarded with 408whp and 385wtq (A6 with 3.55 gears)

Next began the swap...

There are some modifications necessary to make this an OEM-like, Clean Install as mentioned in a previous thread. More on that later.

To confirm the previous test done with this manifold we made only changes in the tune to compensate the larger throttle body and prevent surging.

Boom! The manifold works great! But we do see some areas where the car lost some torque and power compared to the stock manifold.

Gains of 60whp and 43wtq at the new peak of 7300 rpm!

Gains of 63whp and 44wtq at 7500 rpm!

We do think most of those loses can be recouped with some tweaks to the cam timing and a few other parameters. Again, we wanted out initial test to be a Apples to Apples comparison.

Initial drivability is good. The car actually feels like it has more low end response despite the areas where we lost a little power on the dyno. We assume most of that is due to the larger throttle body increasing throttle response. The car pulls nicely up top now compared to before and should yield some decent gains on the track.

I will keep you all posted as we continue to refine the tune for the GT350 Intake Manifold on our 2015 A6 GT. There is more to consider and test when tuning an auto car compared to a manual so it could not all be done today unfortunately.

Overall we are extremely satisfied with this simple, bolt-on part from Ford Performance. The installation is rather straight forward but not exactly plug and play. The quality is well, OEM quality..it's great! Performance per dollar spent is good in our opinion. For a little over $1000 you can pick up huge amounts of top end power with little to no loss in low end power depending on the tune.

Pics of our car just because:

Sponsored

Last edited:

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Great job!!! This is getting interesting.. How long is the install time? Thanks for the info..

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Ingot Silver
You were able to get the normal Airaid CAI to fit the GT350 TB?? Do you have plans to go to a CAI that will open up the complete increases in TB size of the GT350?

Thanks for posting!!

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Who did the tuning on this car? It's odd to see peak power with the stock manifold at 6300-6400, I am used to seeing 6800-7000rpm peak power.

Thanks for posting these results. I'm very interested to see what it looks like on a coyote with long tubes.

Kris

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Great post!!! Thanks!

I am really curious to see if you can tweek the cam timing to reduce the dip in the curve seem like up to 25-30 pound ft torque lost in some area thats huge but the gain up top is great.

Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Who did the tuning on this car? It's odd to see peak power with the stock manifold at 6300-6400, I am used to seeing 6800-7000rpm peak power.

Thanks for posting these results. I'm very interested to see what it looks like on a coyote with long tubes.

Kris
Looks pretty normal to me. I peak at 6400-6550 on a low reading Mustang dyno with mods in my sign

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Wow, I so much would like to see what kind of gains would be there on a blown setup.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
You were able to get the normal Airaid CAI to fit the GT350 TB?? Do you have plans to go to a CAI that will open up the complete increases in TB size of the GT350?

Thanks for posting!!
Same questions here...any modifications to the Airaid CAI to get it to fit correctly?

From the picture, it seems to bolt right up to the GT350 TB.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
That's awesome gains for such a small price. Good work on the tests!

+1 would like to know more about using a different cold air to take advantage of the larger TB.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Nick

Awesome testing, considering you can get the intake/tb combo for now under $1100 makes this very tempting and good value for the gains on offer.

One question, how were the stock injectors holding up at 7500rpm? Also would you recommend any engine upgrades for this especially if the car is seeing 7500rpm a lot?

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Nice! Love to see a shop near me finally be active on the boards. Please stay active! This is the route I will probably go, though with a manual.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Love this intake setup. Nice to see you guys got some positive numbers with this intake also. Did you tune it with the cover on the Airaid? I'd like to see what it would make with an open system like a Roush.

Also what wheels are on the car. Love to see them in person one day. Hopefully you guys will stop by Uncle Franks spring Lightning party if he does one.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Thanks for doing this write up. I'm extremely interested in how this would work with my full exhaust.