Sponsored

Custom exhaust installed

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So after hearing many of the pre-fabricated exhausts and not being able to justify paying over $1,000 on what I consider sounding "O.K" I decided to set out on my own and try a swing at my own exhaust. Ending up costing me $350 at a local muffler shop.

Modifications:
-Straight pipe in place of both stock mufflers.
-Resonator delete
-Magnaflow 1 in / 2 out in place of resonator.

I personally love the sound. I filmed this on my very old iPhone so the quality of the microphone picking up the low bass is non existent. It sounds much much deeper in person. It's also very tame when not on the throttle. When it was completed I walked into the shop which was a little noisy and I told him to start it up. He looked at me weird and said hey man it's running!

This is literally as quiet as stock at idle and also when driving with no load on the engine. Which is what Magnaflow is known for. But when you let on the gas it just screams. Its designed to drown out the high pitch and leave the low aggressive notes.

It's a straight through muffler so it's as non-restrictive as possible. I'll post a video later this week of me cruising and drive bys. But here's a few revs for now. Again, my phone did not pick up on how good this sounds in person.

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Sounds awesome man

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
In reality, are we going to see much of a power difference between something like this and a 3" to 2.5" catback system with high flow cat DP? If we are talking ~5hp, not sure the extra $600 is worth it...

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
So after hearing many of the pre-fabricated exhausts and not being able to justify paying over $1,000 on what I consider sounding "O.K" I decided to set out on my own and try a swing at my own exhaust. Ending up costing me $350 at a local muffler shop.

Modifications:
-Straight pipe in place of both stock mufflers.
-Resonator delete
-Magnaflow 1 in / 2 out in place of resonator.

I personally love the sound. I filmed this on my very old iPhone so the quality of the microphone picking up the low bass is non existent. It sounds much much deeper in person. It's also very tame when not on the throttle. When it was completed I walked into the shop which was a little noisy and I told him to start it up. He looked at me weird and said hey man it's running!

This is literally as quiet as stock at idle and also when driving with no load on the engine. Which is what Magnaflow is known for. But when you let on the gas it just screams. Its designed to drown out the high pitch and leave the low aggressive notes.

It's a straight through muffler so it's as non-restrictive as possible. I'll post a video later this week of me cruising and drive bys. But here's a few revs for now. Again, my phone did not pick up on how good this sounds in person.

Sounds excellent! Do you happen to have a part number or know the muffler size that you went with in place of the resonator? People use a pretty wide variety of our universal mufflers as resonator replacements; I'm always interested to see what options people are taking.

OP
OP
ECM90

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Sounds excellent! Do you happen to have a part number or know the muffler size that you went with in place of the resonator? People use a pretty wide variety of our universal mufflers as resonator replacements; I'm always interested to see what options people are taking.

I'd have to call the shop to get the part number. It's the single in dual out one, I know you guys probably have a bunch of different sizes though. Could I find the part number on the muffler?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ECM90

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
In reality, are we going to see much of a power difference between something like this and a 3" to 2.5" catback system with high flow cat DP? If we are talking ~5hp, not sure the extra $600 is worth it...

If I were to put a dp on this setup I would say it would be pretty close to a full on turbo back pre fabricated exhaust in terms of flow. But I still have on the stock dp and from my understanding that's the most restrictive part of our exhaust system and most of the gains will happen there. Still saving a lot of money once I buy a dp. Most full turbobacks (which include the dp) are running $1300+

The dp is something I would definitely go prefabricated with though. Especially since I want to swap it in and out come emission time.

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
I'm diggin those revs even if it is an old iPhone recording.

Please let us know that part number. This may be the route I take cuz that seems worth it for a $350 job

Looking forward to drive by videos :-)

OP
OP
ECM90

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm diggin those revs even if it is an old iPhone recording.

Please let us know that part number. This may be the route I take cuz that seems worth it for a $350 job

Looking forward to drive by videos :-)

Thanks, ya I'll get the part number. The video sounds decent on some quality speakers, but again no where near as good as in person.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Yeah I'm thinking I'll go this route as well

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
I'd have to call the shop to get the part number. It's the single in dual out one, I know you guys probably have a bunch of different sizes though. Could I find the part number on the muffler?
Part number isn't usually stamped on the mufflers. The easiest way to figure it out is to use the dimensions: The width of the muffler at its widest part, the length of the muffler body, and the tubing diameter would do the trick. Don't go nuts trying to get that dimensions, though.

It may very well be the #12158, which is a 5"x8"x14" oval muffler with 2.5" tubing in/out.

Sponsored

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Good sound!
I will probably be going custom too. I have other mods to buy.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
it does sound good, Nice work man!

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score