rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I had thought at first the 3rd brake LED light bar was not installed correctly.:confused:

Stepped back a bit and then noticed the rear mirror was lower on the drivers side by about 2mm.:doh:

Close up of the difference between both sides.

Drivers:

Passenger:

Mine is probably one of the worst. From the pics of the ones I've seen on the net, mine is glaringly obvious.

Other than the minor inperfections I mentioned on another thread, the car is basically lined up properly as it should on both left & right sides. I don't even see how the hell I missed this almost 3 weeks of having the car or even how the dealer is gonna fix this one. :headbonk:
Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
There are a couple of guys here with that same problem. The truth is, I have noticed that like in every one lol.

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
There are a couple of guys here with that same problem. The truth is, I have noticed that like in every one lol.
Yah I noticed...somewhat missed it reading through misaligned body panels.

Looking at it again & running through different repair scenarios, I don't think I want to have anyone attempt a repair. Last I need is snowball effect of leaks or other worse sh!t happening. I feel for the folks on here that have major issues and that mine pales in comparison. My car definitely lucked out for the most part.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had thought at first the 3rd brake LED light bar was not installed correctly.:confused:

Mine is probably one of the worst. From the pics of the ones I've seen on the net, mine is glaringly obvious.

Other than the minor inperfections I mentioned on another thread, the car is basically lined up properly as it should on both left & right sides. I don't even see how the hell I missed this almost 3 weeks of having the car or even how the dealer is gonna fix this one. :headbonk:
Hi rvlyssup,

I just wanted to reach out and offer assistance; could you please PM some more details on your concern, so I can look into this further. Thanks!

Jeff

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Crooked rear window - body alignment!!

Stepped back a bit and then noticed the rear mirror was lower on the drivers side by about 2mm.:doh:

Close up of the difference between both sides.

Drivers:

Passenger:

Welcome in the club!

I marked your comment where it gets tricky. The dealers can't fix it. Period! The body shop did cut out all windows in the back to see what is wrong with the body of these Mustangs on my car. They gave me an honest answer.
"We have to cut out the left quarter panel and weld a new one in to fix that "somehow". There is no way that FORD would pay for it....."

For customers who will complain about the crooked rear window, I am sure some dealers will cut it out and "fill" something underneath so it aligns with the roof. If water will leak later on? That's a different story.

My CSM is now looking "if" I am allowed to get a different car. My car is one with the crooked rear end. They ordered a brand new trunk lid to see if the new one looks better. Guess what? The right edge is crooked too. Actually the body shop guy did cut off the right edge of my trunk lid and welded a straight edge on. ON A NEW CAR! :rant:

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I regret starting that thread with regards to the window pane misalignment. It's such a small issue that I haven't noticed since complaining about it.

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I feel that the rail portion of the left panel that supports the glass itself is out of spec. No way I'll accept a Mickey Mouse job; but I'm still curious what the dealership will say about it. I can also imagine that my new tint job won't survive a repair either and that won't be covered under warranty to replace it.

To fix it properly would require a new panel. As I mentioned though my panel gaps are 96% spot on and do not want to screw it up anymore than it is.

Hi rvlyssup,

I just wanted to reach out and offer assistance; could you please PM some more details on your concern, so I can look into this further. Thanks!

Jeff
Will do Jeff, should be back home from our Costco run in about a couple of hours.:cheers:

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Quick update: Went to the dealer this AM, they took pictures and will confer with Ford. Curious what solution comes out of it. Looks like if a fix is done, my tint is fucked so hopefully, I get reimbursed for that as well.

Also here at the dealer still with my son who is looking to buy a v6. Looking at the cars on the lot, Flat Rock must've steeped up their QC. Only the older production Stang in the showroom shows very little dip in the rear glass. Body panel alignment issues are minor compared to other cars I've seen on here. The Guard v6 he is looking at is almost perfect.

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Another quick update:

Received a call from the dealer today; Ford has authorized repair on the rear hatchback glass.

I asked how the repair will proceed & process involved; according to what Ford told my service adviser, the adhesive that was used on some cars were less on the drivers side than on the passenger side. According to my tint / glass guy, (not associated with the dealer) assembly at the factory is done by machines and has no human interaction. Pretty much the same information given to me by my service adviser. Kind of explains to me at least as to why some cars were perfect while some had minor imperfections. As I stated before, every professional that has seen mine says its the worse they have ever seen.

My son bought a v6 yesterday and his car was perfect. All the cars I was able to eyeball at the back lot was perfect across as well. Looks like Flat Rock QC is indeed up.

My car goes in Monday, I was told it is gonna be a 2 - 3 day job. Any damage to my tint will also be covered by Ford...that includes a brand new tint job if need be. :ford: And of course, I get a rental for my troubles.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Subscribing out of curiosity

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My car goes in Monday, I was told it is gonna be a 2 - 3 day job. Any damage to my tint will also be covered by Ford...that includes a brand new tint job if need be. :ford: And of course, I get a rental for my troubles.
Glad to hear! :)

Jeff

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Quick update, just got off the phone from my dealer.

For people who are looking to have that dip fixed, just found out that the weatherstripping that runs across the bottom of the glass, by the trunk area, is tacked on. The entire glass has to be replaced when being removed to repair the dip. New glass was ordered this AM and will arrive on Thursday. Looks like my car is sitting there into this weekend. Unless it is ready on Saturday. We shall see...dealer stated the goal is to not rush the repair and that it will be fixed properly.

Meanwhile, I'm driving an 2012 Fusion with a 2.3L I4 for a loaner; God Lord what a bucket. This is suppose to be the power plant on the Eco-Boost...SMH. :doh: Our 09 Accord is faster than this piece.

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Update please.
Car is still at the dealer getting tint on the new window. I've been Stangless since last Monday.:(

Apparently, repair is a huge success. Will update this post with pics once I see my car.
Sponsored