Sponsored

Who is doing Naturally Aspirated builds?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I really want to read more about non FI builds. Links to Member or Vendor build threads would be great :)

or if you would just like to share your NA build info here that'd be awesome as well. I'm sure not everyone will create their own thread for it.

Personally I might not, just depends on how much modding I do at one time once I get around to it.

If you want to share here; at least list your mods, dyno numbers and what you have your rev limiter set to. Also weight reduction modification info would be great as well.

happy posting :cheers:
Sponsored

Redsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I really want to read more about non FI builds. Links to Member or Vendor build threads would be great :)

or if you would just like to share your NA build info here that'd be awesome as well. I'm sure not everyone will create their own thread for it.

Personally I might not, just depends on how much modding I do at one time once I get around to it.

If you want to share here; at least list your mods, dyno numbers and what you have your rev limiter set to. Also weight reduction modification info would be great as well.

happy posting :cheers:
So I haven't made any mods yet, still waiting for delivery but i don't plan on modding heavily for a while but i've given serious thought to an awesome N/A build and what products i would go with. Here it goes...

Motor mods:
1) JLT CAI
2) Lund tune
3) Kooks LT headers paired with FRPP Touring catback
Those mods i've seen from other forum members netting around 445whp.
4) ported heads and cams would be the next step in my mind

Weight reduction:
1) FRRP Touring catback ~30lbs
2) Aluminum drive shaft ~15lbs
3) lighter wheels (PP wheels are heavy) ~5lbs a wheel for a total of ~20lbs (some wheels could save between 5-10lbs
4) two piece front rotors ~10lbs per rotor for total of ~20lbs
Those mods will net ~85lb reduction. There are several other ways to cut weight but those are the main ones i'll eventually do.

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
I have Steeda CAI
Corsa Extreme Cat back
SW headers on the way

Intake manifold if they design a new one

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So I haven't made any mods yet, still waiting for delivery but i don't plan on modding heavily for a while but i've given serious thought to an awesome N/A build and what products i would go with. Here it goes...

Motor mods:
1) JLT CAI
2) Lund tune
3) Kooks LT headers paired with FRPP Touring catback
Those mods i've seen from other forum members netting around 445whp.
4) ported heads and cams would be the next step in my mind

Weight reduction:
1) FRRP Touring catback ~30lbs
2) Aluminum drive shaft ~15lbs
3) lighter wheels (PP wheels are heavy) ~5lbs a wheel for a total of ~20lbs (some wheels could save between 5-10lbs
4) two piece front rotors ~10lbs per rotor for total of ~20lbs
Those mods will net ~85lb reduction. There are several other ways to cut weight but those are the main ones i'll eventually do.
If you're willing to delete the rear seat that's another 25lbs. A lightweight battery would be 10 more.

Thats a solid 120lb weight loss

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
i don't think they'll be doing cams for the s550.. maybe intake manifold like Tony has mentioned.. are u just talking horsepower or track time?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DivineStrike

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
i don't think they'll be doing cams for the s550.. maybe intake manifold like Tony has mentioned.. are u just talking horsepower or track time?

Why would they not have cams? They had cams for my little 02 Focus. Just because they improved the cams a little doesn't mean they won't make something more aggressive

Last edited:

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert
I am doing one, trying for a 11.99 before I go twin turbo (or supercharger I can't decide).
I have ran 12.28 so far. With my revised tune, with better shift points, I should be really close. It was short shifting 1-2 and 2-3 after the converter install. I'm waiting for Magnaflow to start producing their 3" exhaust for convertibles before I go back to the track. Race weight is right at 4100lbs with driver (car weighs 3915lbs). Mods are in my sig.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why would they bout have cams? They had cams for my little 02 Focus. Just because they improved the cams a little doesn't mean they won't make something more aggressive
the cams in these cars are the exact same as the comp cam stage 3's.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
the cams in these cars are the exact same as the comp cam stage 3's.

Do you know the duration of the stock cams? There is a lot more to a camshaft than just lift. I can all but guarantee the Comp stage 3 cams are much more aggressive than the stock 2015 cams.

Stock 2011-14 Coyote cams:
  • Intake: 12mm lift, 260 duration
  • Exhaust: 11mm lift, 263 duration
Stock 2015 Coyote cams:
  • Intake: 13mm lift, ? duration
  • Exhaust: 13mm lift, ? duration
Comp Cams Stage 3 Coyote cams(http://www.americanmuscle.com/compcams-xfi-nsr-stage3-1112gt.html)
  • Intake: 12.5mm lift, 276 duration
  • Exhaust: 11.5mm lift, 283 duration
Cobra Jet
  • Intake: 13mm lift, 263 duration
  • Exhaust: 13mm lift, 290 duration

Last edited:

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
If the next Cobra Jet has a NA option...it will need cams.

The Stage 3 cams may have the same lift, but those cams required crazy tuning or lockouts to handle the duration.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If the next Cobra Jet has a NA option...it will need cams.

Unless we're talking about Koenigsegg's free valve concept, any engine will need cams.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I've got a 2015 for sale on my local Craigslist, had to sell for other reasons but he claims if put down 502rwhp with an intake, tune, cams, and a catback.

So apparently someone has done cams...but I haven't seen any on here yet...

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've got a 2015 for sale on my local Craigslist, had to sell for other reasons but he claims if put down 502rwhp with an intake, tune, cams, and a catback.

So apparently someone has done cams...but I haven't seen any on here yet...
can you post a link to it?