Sponsored

My V6 Mustang Magnetic has arrived! Review/Pictures included

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 (Magnetic)
Hi everyone,

I got the call on Friday to tell me that my car came in two weeks earlier than expected (ordered late September from Thorncrest Ford), and of course I rushed out to pick it up as soon as it was ready on Saturday! When I pulled up to the dealership (who had put my car in front of the entrance) I was blown away. I will definitely say that pictures cannot even begin to define the presence that this car has, especially for the price (and let’s be honest guys, GT, V6 or EcoBoost/Beast, we are all getting a bargain on this car for the performance/handling).

Attached are a bunch of pictures that I took. I'm from Toronto, Canada, and although we don't typically get anywhere near the amount of snow that a lot of the other provinces in our country get, it was a random November day where there was a tiny bit of wet snow started falling, so the Mustang is noticeably wet. Either way, I wanted to post my new ride, and share with you all my honest opinion of the base V6 Mustang. In case anyone on these forums is in the market for one, I hope this helps.

Overall I really like this car. I test drove a used 2011 V6 in March, and I almost bought it as I was really impressed with what Ford could offer for such a low price. However, the deal never went through on the sellers end, so I decided to continue to save my money until I found something else. Honestly, I'm so glad that I waited because what I have parked in the driveway now is a nice upgrade from the previous series in many ways (not that there is anything wrong with the previous generation Mustangs; I just want to make that clear).

The Look:First and foremost, I love the styling of this car! It looks great during the daytime and at night (wow those lights look so aggressive in plaza windows when I pull in to park somewhere!). So far, I have not had any of the hood closing issues that others have posted, but I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed just in case. The rims are much nicer looking in person, and are a great accent; especially considering I didn’t pay a dime for any upgraded packages. The seats are very nice, and are in fact black in colour (as I know some cameras over expose the interior shots and show them as being a dark to light grey). The white stitching also looks great!

The Drive: This car is very enjoyable to drive; it handles well, and the V6 delivers enough power to kick you back and really get the car moving. The car handles a little better than the previous model, as I can take sharp onramp corners without worrying about a touch of oversteer (although that did add some excitement when driving a previous generation Mustang!). For my manual lovers, the shifter at first looked 20% too small, as did the steering wheel, however, everything is simply perfect. The clutch is light, but smooth to manoeuvre…and the gear box is tight, but smooth during shifts…the steering wheel can be as aggressive or smooth as you like thanks to the changeable steering modes; which is crazy for a base model! Visually, the driver side windows might as well be non-existent, but blind spot mirrors help with this. The backup camera is nice, but I doubt I’ll use it as the passenger side windows and massive fastback window provide more visibility (for me at least) than I feel it can offer. Then again, I don’t totally trust technology all that much, as if it messes up it is still my fault! The cabin is much quieter, but still lets you hear that roar of the engine aside from feeling it in your feet. Lastly, this car is really comfortable, minus the back seat, as I am 5, 11’ and have to lean forward just to fit my head in these bucket seats. The diver and passenger seats however have a lot of lumbar support, and feel very sporty.

The Technology: Wow…I would leave it at that, but I will try my best to explain. Please consider that I have never owned a new car, nor my parents, in the last (almost) 5 years. Paying what I did (I got a great discount on the car because my salesman was a friend of a friend, and just a great guy), I can’t believe what was included: a backup camera, keyless start/access, wireless bluetooth sync for music, calls, etc. and lots of track apps and gauges to set (tire pressure, distance until the car is empty, etc.). Everything works well, and runs smoothly.

The Conclusion: Look, if you gave me $40,000 I would buy a GT in a heartbeat, and if I had all the money in the world I’d own all three models of the Mustang; I simply love this car that much. However, after buying the base model, I get why people are so loyal to Mustang. I understand why Ford doesn’t refer to the Mustang as one of their many models, but rather as “Mustang”. This is my first brand new car, and the experience has been phenomenal as I really feel that Ford puts everything into this car time and time again to make sure that no matter what year or model you buy, it accomplishes much more than your initial expectations.

Pictures link: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Jon_Hinz/library/
Sponsored

tkw722

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Congrats on the new car! Love seeing so much enthusiasm out there from people receiving their cars. Makes me look forward to mine even more! Hope you continue to enjoy it!

Btw, your link to the pictures doesn't seem to be working.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks tkw722, I've added a new link; hopefully this one works!

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Enjoy!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Thanks tkw722, I've added a new link; hopefully this one works!
Yes it does, keep enjoying that beast!! :)

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
When you get a chance try and beat my 0-60 :D haha! In all seriousness though if you could once you do get it broken in copy my runs so we compare manual vs automatic! Enjoy that car!:ford:

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Looks great! Congrats!

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you get a chance try and beat my 0-60 :D haha! In all seriousness though if you could once you do get it broken in copy my runs so we compare manual vs automatic! Enjoy that car!:ford:
Ha, yeah that would be interesting! To be honest with you, I'm almost certain (maybe not for a car as inexpensive as a Mustang...but don't quote me on this) that modern automatic transmissions can shift way faster than a human being, so if anything the manual might be a tad slower depending on how you drive it. Interesting nonetheless, I'll let you know once I break in those 1600 kms as suggested by the manufacturer (that's just under 1000 miles for reference).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great review, great photos! Congrats and enjoy (just kick that 'Vette out of the garage and get the Mustang in out of the snow ;) )

Sponsored

jm78

Threads
Reaction score
3.55 diff? Wondering the performance on that with a manual.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Great looking car. Congratulations!

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Congrats, enjoy your new Mustang!

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.55 diff? Wondering the performance on that with a manual.
I believe I have the standard 3.15 limited slip rear axle, as opposed to the same thing but with the 3.55.

My 3.15 is decent, although I haven't driven a 3.55 by any means. I suppose it depends on how you drive the car, especially in a manual. My understanding is that you'll rev higher and, therefore, accelerate faster...how much faster...I'm not sure? I think this would be a great track feature, but for a daily driver (which mine is) that I bought to bomb around in on backroads on nice days, I'm very happy with the current rate acceleration. The latest I've shifted is 3000rpm, as I want to take it easy for the recommended breaking in period, but overall this car revs pretty low in general so 3000rpm feels nice and punchy, and it gets there pretty quick.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored