Sponsored

First Datalogs from a 2015 GT

• Thread starter Aaron@Jpcracing
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Aaron@Jpcracing

Just wanted to show a few logs I took from a bone stock 2015 Mustang GT.

Here's a quick view of the RPM to start off with. I nailed the rev limiter going 2-3, looks like the rev limiter on this car is set at 6800 rpm and is all done with the throttle blade, I let off for a moment between the shifts as well which can be seen on the logs.

A/F Ratio seemed to be about .82 lambda all through 3rd gear. It was pretty stable throughout. Looks like in second it trailed down from .97 lamda down to about .85ish.

Here's a quick look at the timing. Looks like it was getting 22-23.5 degrees of timing even with the knock sensors adding 3 degrees in part of second gear. Not sure what kind of fuel was in it, more the likely whatever it came from Ford with.

Just wanted to post up a quick view of the IMRC plates functioning.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vickstang

Thanks for this, glad someone thought to do it. Great seeing all the info being shared by the aftermarket now.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

It's very daunting at first, however after reading a few logs you'll begin to learn what to look for. Common things like lambda(commanded air/fuel ratio), spark timing, knock, and rpm's are easily compared across older logs or even other cars with similar mods.

Things like short/long term fuel trims and cam timing are best left to professionals though.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Actually short and long term fuel trims are ur best friend when it comes time to diagnose whats going on.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

Just wanted to show a few logs I took from a bone stock 2015 Mustang GT.

Here's a quick view of the RPM to start off with. I nailed the rev limiter going 2-3, looks like the rev limiter on this car is set at 6800 rpm and is all done with the throttle blade, I let off for a moment between the shifts as well which can be seen on the logs.

A/F Ratio seemed to be about .82 lambda all through 3rd gear. It was pretty stable throughout. Looks like in second it trailed down from .97 lamda down to about .85ish.

Here's a quick look at the timing. Looks like it was getting 22-23.5 degrees of timing even with the knock sensors adding 3 degrees in part of second gear. Not sure what kind of fuel was in it, more the likely whatever it came from Ford with.

Just wanted to post up a quick view of the IMRC plates functioning.

That's nice, will you put the JPC/RGR 351 Stroker/CJ/NA combo in your sweet ride?. That's got to be good for 620 RWHP.
Thanks

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
That's nice, will you put the JPC/RGR 351 Stroker/CJ/NA combo in your sweet ride?. That's got to be good for 620 RWHP.
Thanks

Has anybody done that yet? I haven't seen a single owner run a stroker Coyote yet.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Good post Aaron, thanks for the info!

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
It's the Lambda that always confused me. I always set it to show the commanded AFR. It was just easier for me to see it because maybe I'm not smart enough to convert it! :D

I guess if that's what you always use to tune, then it would become second nature to think about Lambda/Stoichiometric (14.7:1)= 1 and lower is fatter, higher is leaner. It's just easier for me to see the AFR.

Like I said, maybe not bright enough or just too lazy to relearn it! :D

Either way, Thanks OP for posting up your logs. They're interesting to look at.

Which software are you logging with?
Sponsored